backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

a few things arrived this week :D:

bearings for a CC-01

a Ford Falcon XC body, a very iconic Australian muscle car, although it's not very detailed front and rear, plus it is out of proportion to fit a standard chassis. I bought it out of curiosity, and hoping to 3D print one eventually.

a camber angle setting tool

CC-01 upgrades: C-hubs, turn knuckles and a pair of shocks and esc to try some crawling

some alloy rims I quite fancied and were cheap. These will go on my Audi Quattro until I find the time to machine some proper scale rims.

Ebay_purchases_2020_03_10-1.jpg

Ebay_purchases_2020_03_10-2.jpg

Ebay_purchases_2020_03_10-3.jpg

Ebay_purchases_2020_03_10-4.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, yogi-bear said:

a Ford Falcon XC body, a very iconic Australian muscle car, although it's not very detailed front and rear, plus it is out of proportion to fit a standard chassis. I bought it out of curiosity, and hoping to 3D print one eventually.

Guess cost of production vs volume of sales didn't warrant the detail.

Would have to be a 3 piece body to get the front and rear 'anatomically' correct :lol:

Shame there aren't really any Aussie muscle car bodies that have the same scale realism and detail as the Japanese/Euro/US cars.

Maybe your 3D version could recreate an RC version of this B)

image.jpeg.5fe99115ce0c51a08e22b932f098513f.jpeg

• Like 4

Super Sabre gear bag which I nabbed for a steal, to build up some spares for a “just in case” scenario.

A0AF13F6-464E-44E6-B00B-1FA6DA0C6718.jpeg

5 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

Would have to be a 3 piece body to get the front and rear 'anatomically' correct :lol:

Shame there aren't really any Aussie muscle car bodies that have the same scale realism and detail as the Japanese/Euro/US cars.

My XY detail is not bad imho 😎

49644971566_a52a13fa9e_b.jpg

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

Thats basically the plan (or another Bathurst car) :D. I even have the 3D files, just have to find the time. This is a test print I did a couple of years ago. I printed it pretty small (1/60 th scale), so it doesn't show a lot of detail. But the model that I have has all the lights, grille etc as separate elements.

Ford-Falcon-XC-1.jpg

• Like 4

A smorgasbord of goodies from RC mart. Thankfully customs free once again. Decided to have a bit of fun with the dancing rider, though I fear it may be a bit of a money pit. Hop ups seem relatively expensive for the size of model. Anyway this is the start of it. More to be orderednext month:ph34r:

IMG_1824.JPG.56d1e823260ed66c697978466ab2be18.JPGIMG_1825.JPG.8fc83c9a09314e2552acddadd3720606.JPGIMG_1826.JPG.e4f88bab943a8744cb850c04ce4b3663.JPG

Ball bearings to be ordered along with some other bits for the rear end to start with, bearing carriers, wheel weights, then see what else follows!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

IMG_1824.JPG.56d1e823260ed66c697978466ab2be18.JPGIMG_1825.JPG.8fc83c9a09314e2552acddadd3720606.JPG

Mmm now I want takeaway food! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Is it a lexan or hard body shell? Looks great

Lexan , quite a few bits to cut out. Wish I spoke Japanese as instructions are only in one language . Might try a translator app🤞🏻

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

My XY detail is not bad imho 😎

49644971566_a52a13fa9e_b.jpg

Well done with the chrome, fantastic job.

Red walls are a nice touch also. B)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

Well done with the chrome, fantastic job.

Red walls are a nice touch also. B)

Wish I could take credit mate, this came RTR

• Like 1

New gear box, gears, couple of BEC switches, plastic antenna tubes & tops, antenna holder and a customs card :(

FA9DE789-023E-40B8-8AA9-248376662C61.jpeg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cynan said:

New gear box, gears, couple of BEC switches, plastic antenna tubes & tops, antenna holder and a customs card :(

Posted from Japan?

6 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Posted from Japan?

From the states (I’m in the UK). I’ve a couple of items I’m still waiting on from China that appear to be ‘stuck’ what with all that’s going on.

Fingers crossed then. Ive only ever come unstuck with parcels from Japan (also in the uk) however have ordered hundreds of times from Hong Kong and China and never had an issue.

Wonder how long that will last

15 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Wish I could take credit mate, this came RTR

I applaud your honesty. B)

Chrome is so hard to lay. I'm yet to achieve a mirror finish like that, but each time I use it the finish gets better.

Need more practice - ie paint the stack of bodies and work on projects that I have been procrastinating on :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Andy Stewart1 said:

This bad boy. Anyone recommend a decent “how to” for body painting? I just want to do it plain white

CED87B70-EC1E-4886-B41C-1B0F9D2E8FAE.jpeg

Plenty on YouTube. Key things for me are wash in soapy water and rinse to get the shell clean. Pop you spray cans on the radiator before use. Lots on thin coats. Get a good mask. Lots of other stuff too, but that's my important.

• Thanks 1

Some more spares..

0B1317E4-AB49-47C9-B7D3-8309236C5632.jpeg

However they either have mold lines or cracks on... is this normal? My original parts don’t have these marks.

408D1D1F-80DF-443E-8319-F0098E3C68F7.jpeg

1 hour ago, Falcon#5 said:

I applaud your honesty. B)

Chrome is so hard to lay. I'm yet to achieve a mirror finish like that, but each time I use it the finish gets better.

This was a Mini I painted with Alclad II Chrome paint about 10 years ago -

44848692624_08406948f9_b.jpg

The key is the black backing. And yes, I carefully masked off the roof seam and light bezels in chrome too :lol: Oh to have that much time on my hands again...

• Like 2

a set of six michelin tire stickers for the grand hauler from slovakia in less than a week oh and on another note i ordered more stickers from a uk based seller before tire stickers and they are still they to turn up even though they was posted before either lost or again another false posted notification

and a bottle of glue n glaze for glueing the fibre optic to the dash of the grand hauler

RC4WD 45t motor and crawler ESC used but pretty much new. This will be going in the Tamiya CR-01 

3ef8h82.jpg

• Like 2