backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Bought this lot on ebay, my kids recently found my old tamiya cars and took a shine to mad bull, came with 3 servos, 3 batteries, 2 2.4ghz ansmann radio sets, charger, 2 escs, 3 motors etc 1 transmitter I can't get working, 1 servo was doa and the other died on me for no reason 🤣 but for £27 delivered I'm more than happy. 

• Like 1

The Ff-03, Nissan Silvia Bodyset for the M-06, a servo and hi torque saver for the ff-03. I'll be well prepared if I have to self isolate! 😁

DSC_0032

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

I applaud your honesty. B)

Chrome is so hard to lay. I'm yet to achieve a mirror finish like that, but each time I use it the finish gets better.

Need more practice - ie paint the stack of bodies and work on projects that I have been procrastinating on :lol:

I've found 'Molotow' brand Chrome Silver pens do an excellent job of bright, mirror finish chrome. They work well on polycarbonate, I've done the chrome on a Mito body with them. They're a German brand, in Australia they can be sourced from Eckersley's Art Supplies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

I've found 'Molotow' brand Chrome Silver pens do an excellent job of bright, mirror finish chrome. They work well on polycarbonate, I've done the chrome on a Mito body with them. They're a German brand, in Australia they can be sourced from Eckersley's Art Supplies.

Might be a stupid question but did you apply to the outside of the body or inside like normal PS paint? I'm happy to be flamed if I'm being daft! 

Don't think I've posted this picture yet;

49626500133_3e7fddc16a_b.jpg

I bought a Hat :D Some much-needed inspiration to get my CC01 Jeep finished, as it now sports its' very own layer of dust :(

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Might be a stupid question but did you apply to the outside of the body or inside like normal PS paint? I'm happy to be flamed if I'm being daft! 

The outside. If you do the inside it doesn’t shine. Very good product. I have 3 different widths 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Don't think I've posted this picture yet;

49626500133_3e7fddc16a_b.jpg

I bought a Hat :D Some much-needed inspiration to get my CC01 Jeep finished, as it now sports its' very own layer of dust :(

To say that car is cool is an understatement, this is parked around the corner from my house. 

IMG_20200223_180730.jpg

• Like 4

I got a delivery of sweet hop ups. The T3-01 got bearings, a black motor, chrome front wheel, axles that take normal wheels and hex wideners PLUS I splashed on an MiP ball diff kit for my rere Big Wig, cost near as much as the kit in a wreckless totally decadent extravagant waste of funds, better than stockpiling groceries for the end of days.

49655351538_a7623c6131_b.jpg

• Like 4

Got another ball diff for my SRB'S one for my sand scorcher and one for the fighting buggy will be interesting to see the actual difference between the 1 & 2 I've had the original one since it was released a few years ago!

20200314_130152.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Got another ball diff for my SRB'S one for my sand scorcher and one for the fighting buggy will be interesting to see the actual difference between the 1 & 2 I've had the original one since it was released a few years ago!

20200314_130152.jpg

Taller bag apparently led to a 500 yen cost increase!  I'm interested in any differences too, having a hard time telling any difference via pictures.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tamiya3speed said:

Taller bag apparently led to a 500 yen cost increase!  I'm interested in any differences too, having a hard time telling any difference via pictures.

Yeah that's about a £4 increase mind you 3,500 yen is only about £26 but I payed in percentage terms quite a bit more a penny off £50! but it is what it is if it saves the fighting buggy ridiculously fragile body I'm happy with that! And they are a brilliant piece of miniature engineering!

20200314_130252.jpg

• Like 2

Apologies for the non Tamiya post, but being somehow car-related I thought I'd share.

Saw this quite detailed Lancia Stratos by Tomica in scale 1/58 on youtube some time ago. Had to get one, it costs only a few bucks... I can hardly hold back when it comes to Lancia anyway!

It finally showed up in my mailbox.

20200315-110318.jpg

20200308-165359.jpg

• Like 5

Got my first ever Willy today (driver figure that is!) Man, does he has a big head 😮, some Mud Blaster body posts for the Brat body to sit on a Monster ORV chassis if needed, and some metal hexes.

1B59F604-B45C-45CC-8DD1-74E65BF89E58.jpg 

• Like 2

Audi A4 stw body from Tony. 

Goes nicely with a original set of decals 👍

IMG_20200317_224539.jpg

• Like 3

Parts to upgrade the steering on 2 of my 3 mad bulls from ChrisRx718 & a motor mount for a thunder dragon from jonboy1. 

Thanks again both 👍

IMG_20200318_174619.jpg

• Like 2

Today I got these delivered: 

49672377676_4c2ce2ce17_b.jpg

1.55 Stamped beadlock rims for a whopping £13.27 delivered. Shocking really. Thank you Aliexpress.

And my TL01 body posts arrived yesterday from @BP2411 so I can get my GF01 project finished (although, in the time since I've bought more Hop-Ups for it :lol: )

• Like 3

Some egress front damper pistons. Been on back order since before september after i bent one.

The parts supply for some bits is crazy random at times - the egress is still a current model.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisRx718 said:

1.55 Stamped beadlock rims for a whopping £13.27 delivered. Shocking really. Thank you Aliexpress

Could you send a link?

• Like 1

Our postman has resorted to glorified "Knock-Down-Ginger" for any parcels we receive now :lol:

You hear the knock then by the time you get to the door the postman has pegged-it! 

Today these were on the doorstep for me -

49676190101_b812baf6e0_b.jpg

They're going on the CC02. 3 Spring settings and sort-of pre-filled with oil, but I'll be flushing them and filling with soft. I sure hope whatever springs they're built with at the moment are the hardest versions :blink:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Our postman has resorted to glorified "Knock-Down-Ginger" for any parcels we receive now :lol:

Poor us gingers🙄

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

You hear the knock then by the time you get to the door the postman has pegged-it! 

Today these were on the doorstep for me -

49676190101_b812baf6e0_b.jpg

They're going on the CC02. 3 Spring settings and sort-of pre-filled with oil, but I'll be flushing them and filling with soft. I sure hope whatever springs they're built with at the moment are the hardest versions :blink:

Yeah but look at it from his side he's probably having to come face to face with a lot of people on his round! so the likely hood is going to be probably greater than anyone that he/she is going to engage with someone who has it? I wouldn't like to do a job that puts me in such a vulnerable position! Super market drivers aswell.......cool looking shocks by the way!

2 hours ago, Klausen said:

6BB6E18E-8A6B-4AC8-A8B1-864C2006A5BD.jpeg

I hope its going to be built! I'm in the process of building all my limited editions (not that I have many of them) I've built my blitzer beetle metallic after having it for years obviously I built this one and I'm hopefully starting on this in the next week or so but it may have to wait because now I'm OFFICIALLY classed as a key worker it changes my working life from today so I maybe a bit busy for the forseeable future!!

20200318_094300.jpg