backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Took delivery from Tonys of a a metal diff set for the bargin Dancing rider bought from Jadlam. The hopups that I have cost almost twice what the model cost and  I have a further £60 still to arrive from RCmart. It does seem that the hopups for this are quite pricey, but that maybe because its small. Having said that a chunk of it was for the new body and brushless combo. The second part of the delivery from Tony was also expensive, not Tony's fault but defo Mr T's. I needed two new front body posts for a MFX-01, which meant buying two complete sprues, only one on each, which included MORE pogo stick shock bodies. £13 odd for two posts:angry: Come on Mr T star doing post sets so we dont have to buy half a car just to change a body!!!

Should add The service that Tony offers, certainly in the UK is second to none.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Took delivery from Tonys of a a metal diff set for the bargin Dancing rider bought from Jadlam. The hopups that I have cost almost twice what the model cost and  I have a further £60 still to arrive from RCmart. It does seem that the hopups for this are quite pricey, but that maybe because its small. Having said that a chunk of it was for the new body and brushless combo. The second part of the delivery from Tony was also expensive, not Tony's fault but defo Mr T's. I needed two new front body posts for a MFX-01, which meant buying two complete sprues, only one on each, which included MORE pogo stick shock bodies. £13 odd for two posts:angry: Come on Mr T star doing post sets so we dont have to buy half a car just to change a body!!!

Should add The service that Tony offers, certainly in the UK is second to none.

I feel your pain when hop ups cost more than the kit. My Super Astute feels that way, and that isn't  a cheap kit!

Tony provides amazing service to the other side of the world too. My Top Force body took less than 2 weeks and that was on the free shipping option.  Funny thing about that is there have been 2 posts asking for Top Force bodies on FB marketplace in the last week, i suggested Tony but they didn't believe me that the service is that good

• Like 1

21 hours ago, moffman said:

I hope its going to be built! I'm in the process of building all my limited editions (not that I have many of them) I've built my blitzer beetle metallic after having it for years obviously I built this one and I'm hopefully starting on this in the next week or so but it may have to wait because now I'm OFFICIALLY classed as a key worker it changes my working life from today so I maybe a bit busy for the forseeable future!!

20200318_094300.jpg

My black Monster Beetle is next in line. Just finishing the paint on a rere Ultima. I build a metallic Blitzer Beetle a couple of years ago, excellent kit and the body looks sooo good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Klausen said:

My black Monster Beetle is next in line. Just finishing the paint on a rere Ultima. I build a metallic Blitzer Beetle a couple of years ago, excellent kit and the body looks sooo good.

You know the unwritten rule?.....we need to see the finished beetle!

20190901_125752.jpg

• Like 4

Those both look very nice. Great job! I’m thinking the bug in black is my favorite of the two......hard choice though.

Ooh now I’m picturing a chrome SE monster beetle with that chrome ORV chassis & the chrome Blitzer shell, KBF chrome hop up wheels... B)

52 minutes ago, RoosterRC said:

Those both look very nice. Great job! I’m thinking the bug in black is my favorite of the two......hard choice though.

Yeah the black one is even better than the red one 👍

3 hours ago, moffman said:

You know the unwritten rule?.....we need to see the finished beetle!

20190901_125752.jpg

Sure, picture will come when done. So far these two are on the shelf.

1C24BEB9-F713-4D40-8050-4D6CE794B7FB.jpeg

• Like 2

Parma Blackfoot shell. Nice detail on this, flareside, Ford lettering, hard to find in the UK too. I think I missed this one last time it was up on eBay, wasn’t going to pass it up again. 

49685072877_7a93886ba0_b.jpg

• Like 5

On 16 March 2020 at 3:14 PM, Re-Bugged said:

Got my first ever Willy today (driver figure that is!) Man, does he has a big head 😮, some Mud Blaster body posts for the Brat body to sit on a Monster ORV chassis if needed, and some metal hexes.

1B59F604-B45C-45CC-8DD1-74E65BF89E58.jpg 

" OH " I was born with mine :lol: , " Ok " the driver figure you say :P.  . Very big head , should be easyier to paint .. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, matman said:

Very big head , should be easyier to paint .. 

That was kinda the plan, as the eyes ain’t what they used to be 🤓😂

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

That was kinda the plan, as the eyes ain’t what they used to be 🤓😂

Same as mine , have to wear glass's . Not used to them , even that i have had them for two or three years .

Mind you , didn't use them for the 1st year or so :lol: . But find i have to wear them more and more sadly .

• Like 1

Probably the last little splurge for a while turned up today. 
I needed a replacement Sensor Wire for the Blitzer that went into the Wild One, so added a work mat and Torque Tuned to make the postage worth while.

443199BA-3F36-425A-AA60-E8349223ADFE.jpg

• Like 3

Finally received this from the depths of China - ordered it back in January.

49684123051_958fa60669_b.jpg

What is it? I'm not really sure. I think it's a Toyota Landcruiser of about 2011 vintage. Clearly taken from a Chinese plastic toy. 

I took a punt because these were being punted out at an amazing £12 delivered. I wasn't sure if it would ever turn up.

Now that it's here, I'm not exactly sure what to do with it either :lol:

It has a wheelbase of around 235mm, but is incredibly narrow. It has a full interior, 3D lights with provisions for 5mm LEDs front and rear, wingmirrors are rubber so they bend rather than break. It could just do with being 20% bigger!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Finally received this from the depths of China - ordered it back in January.

49684123051_958fa60669_b.jpg

What is it? I'm not really sure. I think it's a Toyota Landcruiser of about 2011 vintage. Clearly taken from a Chinese plastic toy. 

I took a punt because these were being punted out at an amazing £12 delivered. I wasn't sure if it would ever turn up.

Now that it's here, I'm not exactly sure what to do with it either :lol:

It has a wheelbase of around 235mm, but is incredibly narrow. It has a full interior, 3D lights with provisions for 5mm LEDs front and rear, wingmirrors are rubber so they bend rather than break. It could just do with being 20% bigger!

Wider, longer or both. Wider shouldnt be too much of a problem as plenty of fender flares around would look good bolted on. Length OH Dear!!!! Sure theres a MFX-01 wheelbase that might fit???

Edited by Busdriver

Putting this set up in my txt 2, hoping it helps my savox servo with a stronger bec

02B0D919-9649-4F9D-986A-3564CB0C9992.jpeg

Just a word of warning with those M-chassis drift tyres - I heated mine up with warm water to help fit them to the rims (as is fairly normal practice) and some of the text rubbed-off :angry: So be extremely careful!

• Thanks 1

while i had the chance, I picked up some paint and the Tamiya painting stand set. I've been meaning to get one for ages, so might as well be now.

2020_03_25_made-2.jpg

• Like 5

First time I've posted about anything arriving for a while!

This turned up today

dCQEKj_3ALKeyAAJ6IyZjxgrMFKkOVCgeHsTG9Ig

Peeking in the box brought back many memories of when I was 11 and got my first Hornet for Christmas.

I think the strongest memory was the smell of the paint (PC-5 I think) that my Dad brush painted the body with.

If you could still get that paint I would probably get some for this build.

Now waiting for some other deliveries with bearings, servo and alternative wheels/tyres.

• Like 3