backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

46 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

First time I've posted about anything arriving for a while!

This turned up today

dCQEKj_3ALKeyAAJ6IyZjxgrMFKkOVCgeHsTG9Ig

Peeking in the box brought back many memories of when I was 11 and got my first Hornet for Christmas.

I think the strongest memory was the smell of the paint (PC-5 I think) that my Dad brush painted the body with.

If you could still get that paint I would probably get some for this build.

Now waiting for some other deliveries with bearings, servo and alternative wheels/tyres.

That's going to look cracking hidden behind the desk next to the SA for the next 2 years! ;) 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

That's going to look cracking hidden behind the desk next to the SA for the next 2 years! ;) 

The cheek of it!

I'll have you know the SA isn't behind a desk. It's in the spare bedroom nestled nicely inside a box with a Bigwig.

2 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

The cheek of it!

I'll have you know the SA isn't behind a desk. It's in the spare bedroom nestled nicely inside a box with a Bigwig.

Oh, please accept my humbles apologies for any aspersions I may have appeared to cast upon your procrastinating character ;)

2 packages for me today. The new T bars for the TRF102. I read on rctech that they were impossible to find now and sure enough...so I panic bought a couple of carbon ones from Bezerk RC. They arrived today, they look really good. If I can track down dimensions for the Dynastorm shock tower I'll get them to make me one too.

My ae order from Amain arrived too. Ball cups and turnbuckles for the B6D and 81T, 69T B4 spur gears and slipper pads for the Super Astute. 

I was expecting my hi caps and paint for the Super Astute too but they never left the depot, I hope they get here soon. If they store them for a month then who knows how long it would take to sort out a months worth of packages.

2 parcels for me today as well.

First from rcbearings with bearings for my Hornet and forthcoming Terrascorcher.

Second contained a set of Frog hex adapters and a pair of rear star dish wheels. Both intended for the Hornet.

• Like 1

I also received a package from RCBearings. Mine contained a set for the TA-02 that I am planning on building from parts in my stash combined with a few freshly-purchased ones.

This arrived today. My holiday of two weeks that was due to start tomorrow has been cancelled and been refunded - I dont think the money even made it back before it was gone again :ph34r:

Resized_20200326_191823_5385.jpeg

• Like 6

I have one of those on my birthday list, and have already started collecting hop-ups for it. I just hope that they are still to be found come August...

• Like 2

Get one now just in case even if you dont open it till august. People might panic buy them.

A pair of GPM alloy hexes, my Stampede rear wheel nut came loose and the hex and wheel are stripped, the wheels aren't that old (near new tread) so hoping this will bide me some more life out of them, otherwise I may have to glue a plastic hex to the back. Will also replace the nut.

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Get one now just in case even if you dont open it till august. People might panic buy them.

Nah, you can't really wipe your bum with them or serve them with bolognese sauce, so I think they'll be safe from the panicked hordes!  :P

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

....so I think they'll be safe from the panicked hordes!  :P

August 2020.....

20200326_205643.gif

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

My hicaps and some PS1 paint arrived.  Unfortunately the turnbuckles are still stuck in Hong Kong so who knows when they'll arrive.  I also need to work out the Dynastorm tower dimensions so that could hold things up for a while.

Its 10:00 pm.  yup  forgot to order bearings. Well, there goes my night. 

My final package of the week arrived today.

2 servos (one for the Hornet the other for the future Terrascorcher)

A pair of 2wd star dish front wheels.

Some Schumacher front stud and rear block tyres as well as foam inserts for both.

Now I have everything I need to get on with building (and running depending on current virus related restrictions) the Hornet despite what @jonboy1 says :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter_B said:

My final package of the week arrived today.

2 servos (one for the Hornet the other for the future Terrascorcher)

A pair of 2wd star dish front wheels.

Some Schumacher front stud and rear block tyres as well as foam inserts for both.

Now I have everything I need to get on with building (and running depending on current virus related restrictions) the Hornet despite what @jonboy1 says :P

Did that big bag of Pro-Crastination arrive? :D

37 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

Did that big bag of Pro-Crastination arrive? :D

No, apparently you've got all of the pro-crastination. I've had to make do with amateur-crastination :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

kStmLNZ.jpg

I got some FF01 parts! I was in need of the bottom part of the gearbox but got a whole gearbox, bumper and spares from a gentleman on Facebook. I cleaned some really horrible thick grease off them with a toothbrush and soap. Very pleased.

• Like 3

This wee gadget arrived, My VRC adapter. You plug your receiver into it, and it means you can control computer games with your transmitter, mainly VRC, A Virtual RC racing game.

2020-03-28_06-08-45

Luckily,  the guys at my RC club are web designers and general computer geeks, so our club racing is now online, and the championship points table,  is pretty much what it is in real life!! 

http://www.vrcworld.com/ 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

This wee gadget arrived, My VRC adapter. You plug your receiver into it, and it means you can control computer games with your transmitter, mainly VRC, A Virtual RC racing game.

2020-03-28_06-08-45

Luckily,  the guys at my RC club are web designers and general computer geeks, so our club racing is now online, and the championship points table,  is pretty much what it is in real life!! 

A few clubs here are talking about doing that. I have a VRC adaptor and have tried the game before getting my adaptor but thats as far as i got. Is it good?

3 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

2020-03-28_06-08-45

Where did you order the adapter from?

I've just downloaded VRC and had a bit of a go. First with keyboard control (and I was rubbish). Then I borrowed a wired controller from my boys Switch, to get closer to a stick experience (I was still rubbish).

Was quite good fun though. Might have to hook up to the TV instead of just using the laptop screen though.

• Like 1

Received a pink motor yesterday from hairyjon313 & his genius pay it forward idea, this'll go in my daughters "all pink mad bull", I just need to find a green & purple motor for my sons "joker mad bull"... Can't see it happening tbh 🤣