backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

13 hours ago, BP2411 said:

Where did you get these from? Have you built them yet?

Got the Grasshopper and Hornet from Jadlam for £85 each and the Frog from Time Tunnel for £100. Won't be building them any time soon as have other builds on the go.

• Thanks 1

A little ultrasonic cleaner.

A larger one to fit a chassis in will follow at some point.

The small one will stop me stagnating for now as have a number of fiddly parts and fasteners to clean.

Bonus is I told my wife it cleans jewellery, so she has run a few cycles through it already B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Outrage body and Syncro transmitter came in for my Ultima Pro rebuild. These should be the last pieces needed for the foreseeable future. 

49724824586_e5d6c2c5a4_k.jpg

8 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

The small one will stop me stagnating for now as have a number of fiddly parts and fasteners to clean.

Bonus is I told my wife it cleans jewellery, so she has run a few cycles through it already B)

Mrs mtb did the same when I bought mine years ago :lol:

• Like 2

Gotta heap for stuff for the XV01 but sadly no kit to put them on as the buyer pulled the sale as they had no stock

IMG_0258.jpg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, KalEl63 said:

Gotta heap for stuff for the XV01 but sadly no kit to put them on as the buyer pulled the sale as they had no stock

IMG_0258.jpg

did those sticker arrive yet?

• Like 3

Yep just go them out of the letterbox now.they are awesome 

thank you 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A pair of Futaba compatible HPI RF-11 receivers and a set of 1mm, 2mm and 4mm, Molotow Liquid Chrome pens.

G1IINRpumXNJLl-G4QG9Gbzk7b6sGGGOyn728KfG

The pens came with a whole load of documentation and colour charts that I haven't pictured, as well as the bunch of stickers and other stuff seen in the case with the pens.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2020 at 9:08 PM, Falcon#5 said:

16 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Mrs mtb did the same when I bought mine years ago :lol:

Note to everyone here! :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter_B said:

A pair of Futaba compatible HPI RF-11 receivers and a set of 1mm, 2mm and 4mm, Molotow Liquid Chrome pens.

The pens came with a whole load of documentation and colour charts that I haven't pictured, as well as the bunch of stickers and other stuff seen in the case with the pens.

Can I ask where you got the pens? I have a 2mm but it's not great for detail work, whilst I could also use a 4mm for colouring / touching-in wheel rims!

Although my postman seems to have gone AWOL :(

10 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Can I ask where you got the pens? I have a 2mm but it's not great for detail work, whilst I could also use a 4mm for colouring / touching-in wheel rims!

Although my postman seems to have gone AWOL :(

I irdered them from eBay as the set of 3. I did see individual pens on there as well.

2 hours ago, cliffw0970 said:

Can of smoke and a HPI reamer.

thumbnail.jpg

if you have never used smoked before then my advice is dont use it throw it away that stuff is a shell destroyer 

TNX for a brushless build. Big brother, little brother image with the Wild Dagger in front.

3DD6FE2F-E87F-48E9-9044-D7DD11C52198.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, topforcein said:

if you have never used smoked before then my advice is dont use it throw it away that stuff is a shell destroyer 

I would say its more a second shell destroyer.

The first shell looks ok from thr fresh can looks ok. Then the can seems to turn itself into a speckly horrible mess overnight so on the next shell you go to paint it looks terrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topforcein said:

What makes you say that? 

I've never had a problem with mine🤔

53 minutes ago, Cephas said:

TNX for a brushless build. Big brother, little brother image with the Wild Dagger in front.

3DD6FE2F-E87F-48E9-9044-D7DD11C52198.jpeg

Loving the WR01 trucks atm. To that end I won a Twin Detonator on eBay yesterday. Not sure how long it’ll be en route with covid 19 lockdown. I’d rather have the Wild Dagger though!;)

Well supposed to have received my super astute but the dpd driver decided to not bother knocking or ringing the BIG door bell with the camera on it right in front of his face and just put the "oh no we missed you" card through the door instead:angry::angry: so who knows when I'll receive it because if he's not bothering to let me know when he's at the door it's just going to be a guesstimate! 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, topforcein said:

Appreciate the advice, I’ve never used it before. For what reason? I was just going to do the windows on my mustang! 

I received 3 yellow bumpers for my GF01 Dump Truck, thanks to @berman

Now if only I was allowed to go and drive it :(

• Like 2

19 hours ago, svenb said:

What makes you say that? 

I've never had a problem with mine🤔

i have tryed to use this on a few shells and every time it has ruined them the first was a shell for my t-maxx then a mini shell witch if i remember it "melted" the paint on the shell and then another i can't remember for some reason so i steer clear of it know as well as tamiya paint in general.

17 hours ago, cliffw0970 said:

Appreciate the advice, I’ve never used it before. For what reason? I was just going to do the windows on my mustang! 

as i have put above 

i was planing on using it on the window of my grand hauler but i remember'd what it had done in the past so i go hold of some 1.1 window tint and used that instead and it came out perfect as you can see the diff between the 2 below

IMG_20180603_104528.thumb.jpg.7a4d3527d11c3d450600c748687102f5.jpg

21 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

I received 3 yellow bumpers for my GF01 Dump Truck, thanks to @berman

Now if only I was allowed to go and drive it :(

Glad you got them! 😎 Just stand in your driveway and potter around! Just don't roll it down the road somewhere! 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, berman said:

Glad you got them! 😎 Just stand in your driveway and potter around! Just don't roll it down the road somewhere! 😄

We've also had almost 100mm (~4 inches) of rain in the last couple of days, so everything is just muddy at the moment anyway!

• Like 1

My next build eventually arrived after its journey around with the courier for a few days (he could have just rang the bell on the first day saved him coming back!)

20200403_105304.jpg

• Like 7