backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

It finally arrived. Ordered these from HK; Asiatees to be exact as seen in the photo. Will be the first father and son build. I would have preferred if it was double boxed to protect the kit box but due to the higher shipping cost this time around, this is ok. Plus having less than 5 days from ordering to recieving it is superb. Hopefully non of the contents are damaged. Inside is ReRe Manta Ray and ball bearings. 

20200420_110506.jpg

• Like 2

It finally arrived. Ordered these from HK; Asiatees to be exact as seen in the photo. Will be the first father and son build. I would have preferred if it was double boxed to protect the kit box but due to the higher shipping cost this time around, this is ok. Plus having less than 5 days from ordering to recieving it is superb. Hopefully non of the contents are damaged. Inside is ReRe Manta Ray and ball bearings. 

Got an email today from one of the shops I am waiting on. 

They said royal mail have told them they are currently 10 days behind on all orders, which pretty much is what I'm experiencing. 

For the record, I've found DPD to be the most reliable service during this pandemic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cowboyjon said:

I've found DPD to be the most reliable service during this pandemic.

Oh good just had an email from Tamico saying DPD order shipped. Fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, burakol said:

20200420_110506.jpg

Just out of interest, did you incur any additional fees? The pricing on some of the kits seems very competitive. Thanks ~ Si

3 hours ago, SimonA said:

Just out of interest, did you incur any additional fees? The pricing on some of the kits seems very competitive. Thanks ~ Si

Hi. None whatsoever. I am in the US and i think they allow us to have up to $800 before they impose and taxes or duties. The seller even declared the exact value of the good I bought in the receipt. I know some seller will lower the value to avoid the potential of import duties. I am pleased with them. 

Some GF shocks for my up coming Xv01 build and some TRF springs 

second GF shocks are for @mtbkym01 an his Xv01 

029F832A-9D0F-4FC7-86F8-F5BFA5614877.jpeg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, KalEl63 said:

Ooooh blingy shocks :wub:

• Like 2

Just now, Novamadcars said:

I received a ta03f-s but can’t Seem to upload a picture? 

best send it to me then. You obviously don't deserve it ;)

• Haha 1

Bearings for my racing fighter have taken 8 days to arrive from howes models and as the eagle-eyed among you will see they have sent me the wrong thing. Should be 14 x 1150 but instead I have 9 and a wee one. 

Gutted.

20200421_171306.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Oneball1971 said:

I got a little package today

Some people have a little package every day.

The key is to find a very understanding partner :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Been trying to find a film for nearly 20 years and then stumbled upon this box set that has just been released.

It's the top picture on the box 

Yes yes yes yes the search is finally over.

any guess's on what the film is called from the top pic on the box;)

15875637640951945989564.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, topforcein said:

Been trying to find a film for nearly 20 years and then stumbled upon this box set that has just been released.

I have memories of having watched that same film when I was a kid - but I had no idea what it was called until now.

Thanks! 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 5:22 AM, KalEl63 said:

Lovely looking things! Are they are straight fit on the XV01? And, do they have good seals for dust/mud (if it’s an off-road rally car XV01 you’ve got!)

• Like 1

Nothing too exciting for me today, just a replacement Grasshopper 2 chassis to replace the one that I managed to snap the shock tower on and a credit card statement that's got all the upgrades etc I bought for my Clod build on it and I don't want the authorities seeing just how much I've spent on it 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, topforcein said:

any guess's on what the film is called from the top pic on the box;)

Found a short clip of Sky Pirates on YT. Two Spitfires controlled with Futuba radios. Magic.

• Thanks 1

Well that was quick. After a long stay in Hong Kong, this went from Alaska, to Indiana, and over to Illinois in one day. FedEx doesn't mess around.

The Top Force box didn't have the clear seal on it. I got a bit nervous until I opened it to see that RCMart must have done that to stuff more bubble padding inside the loose areas of the box. That was pretty nice! This was my first order from them so I'm not sure if they always do this. I also didn't specify FedEx when I placed the order. Maybe RCMart is upgrading people to FedEx to get these packages out faster? 

topforce.jpg.4cd04b4810aeb4b56c169f03a7743934.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, No Slack said:

Found a short clip of Sky Pirates on YT. Two Spitfires controlled with Futuba radios. Magic.

yeah you win 

yeah that's all iv'e been able to find  also on yt and it was the same for malcolm until i payed £20 for that 10 years ago and i have more than had my use out of that  .

bit annoyed that i had to buy the set at £25 but if thats the only way to have got it so be it

but it's great these films are getting released again as i do remember watching these when comming back from school back in the early 80's