backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

I remember the film was broadcasted in The Netherlands at some time and I was so impressed with the RC Spitfires. And after watching the clip on YT just now I still am.

Karmann Ghia shell and shocks for my M-04, and cheap Chinese tyres for my rally cars to wear on tarmac stages:

2020-04-22_09-43-03

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Olaf330 said:

Well that was quick. After a long stay in Hong Kong, this went from Alaska, to Indiana, and over to Illinois in one day. FedEx doesn't mess around.

The Top Force box didn't have the clear seal on it. I got a bit nervous until I opened it to see that RCMart must have done that to stuff more bubble padding inside the loose areas of the box. That was pretty nice! This was my first order from them so I'm not sure if they always do this. I also didn't specify FedEx when I placed the order. Maybe RCMart is upgrading people to FedEx to get these packages out faster? 

topforce.jpg.4cd04b4810aeb4b56c169f03a7743934.jpg

This is normal, Tamiya doesn’t seal their kits in shrink wrap, I believe it’s a TamiyaUSA thing only

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 7:50 PM, cowboyjon said:

Got an email today from one of the shops I am waiting on. 

They said royal mail have told them they are currently 10 days behind on all orders, which pretty much is what I'm experiencing. 

For the record, I've found DPD to be the most reliable service during this pandemic. 

That's a bit weird I bought something which was dispatched and delivered by royal mail on Monday and it arrived today 2nd class! (Yokomo 19t stock brushed motor) 

48 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

This is normal, Tamiya doesn’t seal their kits in shrink wrap, I believe it’s a TamiyaUSA thing only

I didn't know about that, thanks! All the kits I've purchased so far from Tower Hobbies were sealed.

• Like 1

This little bundle arrive today from different vendors! People are saying they are having trouble with delivery (understandably at the moment) I'm finding no difficulty:huh:  this is going to be put to one side until I eventually get some time off from work! 

20200422_223618.jpg

• Like 13

Ahhh, the 2020 version for the Terra Scorcher!!!  Cool. What are the differences between the rere and the original TS?

It’s all starting to come together 

now just need the body and a few other things

439287B7-3C59-4323-86D4-ED4D7D762D50.jpeg

• Like 13

6 hours ago, H22A4 said:

Ahhh, the 2020 version for the Terra Scorcher!!!  Cool. What are the differences between the rere and the original TS?

I think some of thr blue plastics on the camber links are black, and it comes with an esc, other than that, same. 

13 hours ago, Olaf330 said:

I didn't know about that, thanks! All the kits I've purchased so far from Tower Hobbies were sealed.

All Kits I bought here in Austria or ordered from Germay were sealed in shrink wrap.

Customs bill :(

I braved the outside world as the website listed the local sorting office as being open.

Arrived to printed off signs plastered all over the doors that the revised hours would be 7am til 9am.

So there's going to be a huge crowd outside tomorrow I guess, social distancing at its' finest! :angry:

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, H22A4 said:

Just want to say, like your u/n 😎

16 hours ago, KalEl63 said:

It’s all starting to come together 

now just need the body and a few other things

439287B7-3C59-4323-86D4-ED4D7D762D50.jpeg

Awesome, always wanted an XV-01, Will be cool to see what you do with it 😁

On 4/20/2020 at 8:30 AM, cowboyjon said:

In general, how are everybody's orders arriving?

Ten 1060 bearings ordered on January 24th. Arrived on April 22nd.  Stuff I ordered in March was delivered already.  

In my case, things have been becoming normal.  Just that older orders from January and February took longer.  

3 hours ago, Juggular said:

Ten 1060 bearings ordered on January 24th. Arrived on April 22nd.  Stuff I ordered in March was delivered already.  

In my case, things have been becoming normal.  Just that older orders from January and February took longer.  

late March orders are showing up. early april orders showing up. 

This arrived today from Tamico

OgTvG8YyH7PXbJQrq4q3-4O4aSZ9pOnIUTDP2ydW

The Hi-Lux Extra Cab, paint for the body and some masking supplies.

The kit itself was a good price at €149.99

• Like 6

Germany 1 Hong Kong 0

IMG_1957.JPG.67b58853652ba01f81c3d9f383db77af.JPGIMG_1958.JPG.4d7cc2b38d897f87a010178fcccd2986.JPG

Not everything arrived today but the Titan, servo and Blitzer front axles all came from Tamico today. Great service as usual.

• Like 7

Stoked to have this package delivered from a member in the U.K.  WANNA GUESS ?

36DCA1BE-FE44-426C-9BA1-C28228909637.jpeg

• Like 1

I got my Monster Beetle Black in today. Also the radio and servo came in a different box.

I got my bearings a couple days ago.

Whoop whoop!

Yin Yang!

Yippy!

• Like 1

Clodbuster black, bearings, hobbywing 880 esc, hex screw set, 13t steel pinions, cpe chassis brace, cpe rotation brackets all in. Just waiting on my hitec servo and holmes 16t motors. 

• Like 1

I’ve been collecting vintage rc catalogs and came across this on eBay. It arrived today! 

C1DAC941-1725-4F48-B98F-17AD10714A17.jpeg

• Like 1