backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Delivered today from Tower Hobbies. It was in “Order Pending” for a while and wasn’t sure when it show up. A welcome surprise!

817C8F34-0CE6-4100-BBB2-D413470F3AC9.jpeg

Edited by Olaf330
Wow, that first image looked terrible.
  • Like 10

8 hours ago, moffman said:

Yeah they are both set up to run the optima has a period kyosho option house spa 240 motor in it from the 80s which I refurbished new bearings and brushes etc the red was a bit of a trial and error for a hotshot body I was spraying which I mixed a tamiya bright red with light metallic gun metal I liked it so much I used it on the optima aswell! The avante has a unused technigold motor with the stock speed controller in it and the black which you can't see in the photo is also backed with metallic light gun metal which really sparkles in the sun!

20190804_120412.jpg

Very nice!  I had thought Metallic black on the Avante, but the "hotshot Limited edition red" Optima shell looks ace!  Must get the thinking cap on.  I'm not really feeling box-art, although not sure I want to deviate from Red.

A customs fee. :angry: Although that means a shell and a ball diff for my DT02 are just days away.

• Sad 1

parts from tamico, spare peugeot 106 maxi body with a 237 wheelbase for my ta-03rs and an hobbywing esc for it, and paint and parts to fix some  cars and spare wheels and tires.

Tires for my Losi rock rey.

49832633748_1907b1ed72_c.jpg

49833169031_3922c93986_c.jpg

• Like 2

A very well packed box from Germany arrived today with some TA05 ms goodies inside 👍

Big thanks to @waterbok 👍👍👍

for the help in send these lovely blue bits, some nice people on here. 

Thanks mate

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Been a while since I had a decent haul. Ferrari 360 wheels, TS gold paint, Brembo brakes from eBay, TA-02 bearings from rcbearings.co.uk, Audi body set in kit box, TRF419XR, TRF bits and PS paint from KleinKram, everything else from Tamico.

Incidentally Tamico order normally takes 2-3 days, this took a day under two weeks. KleinKram was faster - sent on Friday, was here today.

goodies-29th-apr-2020.jpg

• Like 7

A new SkyRC TS160 speedo so my 4wd racer will be back on the, er, grass. Its a pain as the other one packed up on its first outing, but given the postage issues getting it back to rcmart will be a long process. So i bought a new one, the other should get repaired and then I can do some swaps and get all the race buggies going properly.

Also a package with AE and HB parts for the race cars. Unfortunately the most important part,  B6D shock tower, wasn't in there, so I made one from carbon fibre to keep the car going for now.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 7:29 PM, Olaf330 said:

Delivered today from Tower Hobbies. It was in “Order Pending” for a while and wasn’t sure when it show up. A welcome surprise!

817C8F34-0CE6-4100-BBB2-D413470F3AC9.jpeg

Happy building! 2020 has been a crazy year so far and the Terra Scorcher still made it through ! :ph34r:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jutty said:

3 week wait but worth it. A few (not all) hop ups pictured. 

E6EC743E-6F78-4E67-A930-C820ADB2D39B.jpeg

going to run or shelf queen?

3 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

going to run or shelf queen?

I’m going to run it as my main car, bashing around a garden track. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

Been a while since I had a decent haul. Ferrari 360 wheels, TS gold paint, Brembo brakes from eBay, TA-02 bearings from rcbearings.co.uk, Audi body set in kit box, TRF419XR, TRF bits and PS paint from KleinKram, everything else from Tamico.

Incidentally Tamico order normally takes 2-3 days, this took a day under two weeks. KleinKram was faster - sent on Friday, was here today.

Wow !!

14 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

Wow !!

Arrived this afternoon.  First Tamiya kit and excited to start build but have a zoom pub quiz tonight!!!

C8E3F6F4-5C00-4C08-95B0-FD9DD0D27602.jpeg

5DDB1D99-534D-4732-9202-A76743612B33.jpeg

• Like 6

Whoops...

49837619791_fd25f0df1b_b.jpg

49837619796_53334e5afb_b.jpg

A bit like my wife's reasons for marrying me, I only wanted this for its' body :lol:

Although lockdown fever has got me and I'm not really sure what a bare TT02 chassis kit is even worth? I was going to put this on my TA05R but unfortunately the body holes are pre-drilled and therefore in the wrong place.

A welcome surprise though, the wheel arches have been factory pre-cut.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Klausen said:

89CACD75-619D-493B-8614-B7B381384162.jpeg

I’ve been watching running vids of this chassis with the Integrale, comparing to the tt02 integrale.  Have you seen the vids? Mark Bryan on YT.  

Very impressive handling car, notably better than the tto2 the way it handles, looks very rally authentic and got me looking for one! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jameswrx said:

I’ve been watching running vids of this chassis with the Integrale, comparing to the tt02 integrale.  Have you seen the vids? Mark Bryan on YT.  

Very impressive handling car, notably better than the tto2 the way it handles, looks very rally authentic and got me looking for one! 

Yes have seen them, and I agree. Looking forward to drive it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Happy building! 2020 has been a crazy year so far and the Terra Scorcher still made it through ! :ph34r:

I honestly thought that the terra scorcher would have been a casualty but happily tamiya proved me wrong and it arrived when they said it would.....happy days!