backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

My Delta wheels arrived  for my XV01 build and Egress wheels for another build I’ll be doing in a June I think

78AA2F9D-20C0-4B26-9984-1E352FC47742.jpeg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Seacow said:

Arrived this afternoon.  First Tamiya kit and excited to start build but have a zoom pub quiz tonight!!!

C8E3F6F4-5C00-4C08-95B0-FD9DD0D27602.jpeg

5DDB1D99-534D-4732-9202-A76743612B33.jpeg

This was my first Tamiya kit back in the 80's.  Got it for Christmas when I was about 11 years old and built it with my dad.  I have so many fond memories of the Hornet and the time spent with my dad building it.  I know a lot of kids in the neighborhood were jealous of it since it ran circles around anything they got from Radio Shack.

Take your time with the kit and have fun with it!  Its a joy to watch it take shape from a pile of parts into an actual car.  Word of warning though, those spikes on the rear tires won't last long on pavement!  Might want to hunt down some Subaru Brat tires and rims if your running it in a parking lot or the street.

12 hours ago, Oneball1971 said:

Drinking a can of beer? 😄

....which looks like it was preceded by a glass of wine and a shot of something stronger! :P

• Like 1

Nothing!!!

Sat waiting for my Comical Avente to turn up and it has not.

Checked order, no orders found

Check credit card, no payment gone out

Look longingly at the bearings that have turned up for this model....

Curse my brain for being so small

Curse Covid 19 because Fusion are so busy they have stopped any orders

Guess I will have to wait. Happy @Fusion-Hobbies seem to be weathering the storm and thank them for still being open to keep our habit fed. Well done guys 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Nothing!!!

Guess I will have to wait. Happy @Fusion-Hobbies seem to be weathering the storm and thank them for still being open to keep our habit fed. Well done guys 

I’m wondering whether the kits are going to make it to the dealers next week.  Noticed a lot of ‘due in stock 5th May’ 

I tried to order a neo scorcher from a seller who showed it in stock online and when I called was told they’d actually sold out but would be happy to take payment as they’d have a delivery next week.  

I’d heard Tamiya had shut down for C19 so wasn’t going to be in any rush to pay for a model when it wasn’t in stock and the news Id heard about Tamiya!

• Thanks 1

Got some fun stuff today.  Some Lunch Box tires, a Clod body, some glue, masking tape, knife blades, some paint...

spacer.png

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Nothing!!!

Fusion hobbies have been like that for weeks! I looked at them for a kit easily 3 weeks ago and the website had that notice on then so me thinks someone is telling porkies at fusion? Modelsport had sold out of almost all the kits and may 5th seems a popular re-stock date .......let's see? Also the free p&p has gone from £99 to £199 wonder why? Dpd cashing in on the virus and hiking the delivery charges because they don't have to sign up to the USO ( universal service obligation) what I can't believe (or is it just me) how expensive rc things are selling for on Ebay and the likes I was watching a very rough blackfoot go on Ebay for well over £200 and at the moment a boxed dynatech 02 is at £182 (really!!!!) and a few other rc related items I'm watching are at crazy prices! Its madness!

4 hours ago, moffman said:

Fusion hobbies have been like that for weeks! I looked at them for a kit easily 3 weeks ago and the website had that notice on then so me thinks someone is telling porkies at fusion? Modelsport had sold out of almost all the kits and may 5th seems a popular re-stock date .......let's see? Also the free p&p has gone from £99 to £199 wonder why? Dpd cashing in on the virus and hiking the delivery charges because they don't have to sign up to the USO ( universal service obligation) what I can't believe (or is it just me) how expensive rc things are selling for on Ebay and the likes I was watching a very rough blackfoot go on Ebay for well over £200 and at the moment a boxed dynatech 02 is at £182 (really!!!!) and a few other rc related items I'm watching are at crazy prices! Its madness!

I was so sure I had ordered a Comical Avente. Not seem one on here yet, has anyone had one?

Postage is not good at the moment. I have one item on the way back to me after they said they had delivered and one stuck in transit and I cannot get hold of them to chase it up. 

The this that annoys me the most is they are both members on here I was sending to 🤯

Got this yesterday from the postie! It needs a very good clean and I'll probably put new bearings in it! Then it's the task of seeing what rc it best suited?

20200502_114308.jpg

• Like 1

The smoke stacks arrived today for my Konghead- Well excited 😁 

I know what I’ll doing later tonight 👍

image.jpg

• Like 1

Switches and wiring for my Bruiser clone lighting, if it ever arrives. Many thanks @Grumpy pants

• Like 1

My first new kit in probably 20 years! I've only ever bought 2 cars new, mad bull & wild willy 2 (which I regret selling), looking forward to this! 

IMG_20200504_124535.jpg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, BP2411 said:

My first new kit in probably 20 years! I've only ever bought 2 cars new, mad bull & wild willy 2 (which I regret selling), looking forward to this! 

IMG_20200504_124535.jpg

one of my favourites, and very spookily as I was just saying to @Grumpy pants the one I restored that I totally regret selling :( 

• Like 1

I got it from jadlam for £99.75! Couldn't believe it tbh but they went back up in price within 15 minutes of me ordering. 

• Like 1

Albert Attaboy is gonna be very happy. £37 posted from Asiatees. 

20200504_112807.jpg

• Like 7

A few bits arrived today for my VW Karman Ghia. Only my second build in over 30 years so learning by getting stuff in advance then I dont have to keep stopping and ordering and then rebuilding. Lots more on their way.

20200504_142547.jpg

• Like 2

The nitro recoil starter clutch part was ordered 10th March and arrived today! The rest was from RC Mart ordered 9th April, and also arrived today, no customs charges. I now have all I need for my TA05 VDF chassis build, and the clutch part is another step along the way for a TA01 nitro conversion project

fullsizeoutput_4ce.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, stuhas said:

A few bits arrived today for my VW Karman Ghia. Only my second build in over 30 years so learning by getting stuff in advance then I dont have to keep stopping and ordering and then rebuilding. Lots more on their way.

20200504_142547.jpg

Yes, I enjoy getting all my parts in advance as well now. It’s nice when you go to build and you have it all. The only thing I never manage it with though is paint. Either I don’t know exactly what I need, or 1 of the colours required is out of stock etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i-WWVx2cs-XL.jpg

Of course, what's the first thing anyone does?  Put the tires on the rims.  Wait, where's the tires?  Argh - not included.  Tires and tire foam order.

• Like 3

Some barrel/tube nuts so as I can use wide hex’s on my Nova Fox to get a wider track using the 0 offset wheels I’ve got on it

49858735027_91e0843e4b_k.jpg

I got super excited (I blame quarantine) when the post from Tony’s arrived today.  Thought I got all the bits for my 2001 restore, only I made the mistake of ordering the Avante re-re front prop joint instead of the Egress one.  Just 15mm short.  :blink:2BBE03A0-DAAE-4F3B-96D5-C24CDF8B4495.thumb.jpeg.29853c454494c45d0a1706a775a76c68.jpeg

A Customs Bill :(

And my "custom" Porsche GT2 body decals. Although no pictures, since there's an issue with them being wrinkled in places where they were pre-cut. I would have been happy to cut them out myself!

Sad times. Retail therapy will fix it, off to order more junk!!

• Sad 1

£15.50 worth of import duties and post office ransom for some kyosho spares ordered back in feb.

The depot is now only open 7am - 9am so as i will need to collect it and pay up will need to go before work in the morning.