backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

2x waterproof servos and the bruiser I ordered back in mid April!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JeffSpicoli said:

Lightning fast shipping!   Now to decide on paint scheme for this surfboard, fits much better than the HiLux surfboard.

IMG_7079.JPG

where is the surf board from

• Like 1

Today i was delivered a tekin 610r esc.

20200513-160523.jpg

Probably destined to replace the 1060 in my super astute, as the tekin is cooler 😎

Dont suppose anyone has a gold tekin heatsink spare?

• Like 2

V9Z4u02.jpg

I saw a built lowride pumpkin go on ebay for £127, thought it was a bit crazy given new kits are £130.

Made some enquiries to find that its discontinued and many places don't have stock. Found this one so decided to get it rather than miss out.

The CW-01s are ebay specials, they were pretty cheap. Re-release Lunchbox has a non painted shell, bearings and 5th shock and a broken front shock mount. Pumpkin is an original with CVAs and a knackered servo. Will probably repaint to stock.

Should keep me out of trouble for a while...

Edit: pumpkin servo is fine, its just the servo saver is missing the C clip, think I may have a spare somewhere. Does have a bent steering arm though.

The lunchbox has a damaged chassis, where the rear axle mount slides in the two screw holes are snapped out, luckily the bit was there and fits well, so I've glued it in, hopefully it'll take.

• Like 1

I had these delivered today. What I really want is an RC Sheridan but at £1000 I just cant do it. Have to make do with 1/35th for the time being,

IMG_1994.JPG.11fe5334bed17a1e3c4793a41530ccbf.JPGIMG_1995.JPG.95da44e4d39570a9331283ad9b4301ee.JPG

• Like 3

Received some stainless steel hardware from eBay as my 3x10s and 3x8s were running low, also picked up some of the little 2x6 but cap-headed rather than the soft cheese-like tamiya ones, for fixing led retainers to light buckets.

Then in the evening the UPS man handed me this:

20200513_195923.thumb.jpg.73a6c6d4493fb4cc7dd479dbdb6f5255.jpg

Which is from the T2shop I only learned about from @Truck Norris's post the other day. Ordered these bits after witnessing a clear 911 GT2 body jump from £33 to £49 overnight on eBay, panicked and pressed the go button on Monday morning. Here by Wednesday evening, not bad from Germany!

Also picked up a TA02 front bumper sprue, the rear spoiler set for the GT2 and some Carson Paint Killer. Hoping it does what it says on the tin...

TA03R-S Porsche 911 GT1 Street.

My first belt driven car.

Surprised to see it came with a Johnson motor.

• Like 1

super astute has arrived, hmm, shall i open the box and get going? seriously any thoughts on needed hopups or prep is greatly appreciated. Def gonna do box art on this i think. Not usually where my head goes but its where my head is on this one. Hurry on suggestions as i may go start it now :unsure: 

so today the postman bought me a couple of goodies for my cat 2000, a set of spare wishbones, and something i have been after for a long time, an alloy front gearbox housing. i have been rebuilding/restoring over some time, hoping to run it at the iconic rc revival here in the uk.. if it goes ahead!

will need to strip the purple off it, as the one on the rear of the car is silver and id like them to match!

IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

.....my adspec transmitter, CPR P160F and servo set!!!!!!! 

so I started stripping the Avante chassis plates to make a nice new home for them :) 

• Like 2

Last of the parts needed for my HS to SHS upgrade. Some recent threads already confirming the fitment of these shocks so went for it!

46P4Ez0.jpg

2 hours ago, howaboutme said:

Last of the parts needed for my HS to SHS upgrade. Some recent threads already confirming the fitment of these shocks so went for it!

46P4Ez0.jpg

The only thing I did not use is the oil that comes with them, it is way to thin.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

The only thing I did not use is the oil that comes with them, it is way to thin.

Thanks! What did you use? I have some 30, 35 and 40 wt oil to play around with. I'm just bashing.

I  used 35 wt in the shocks, not sure what piston I used I think the 2 hole.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, catman79 said:

just had another delivery arrive, my next project car.. a yokomo yz10 94..

IMG_3483.jpg

How hard is it it find parts for it?  I had one of the earlier YZ-10s in the early 90's.

28 minutes ago, Flare65 said:

How hard is it it find parts for it?  I had one of the earlier YZ-10s in the early 90's.

It’s not too bad, but getting them at a sensible price is the hard part! 

Two more cockpit sets, this time from RCJaz on eBay. Two more undrilled 911 GT2 bodies from eBay UK, more masking sheet to machine cut make my own window masks, Impreza 2001 Prototype wing/mirrors/scoop, two Willy NOS bottles from @IBIFTKH which I'll use for fire extinguishers. I bought some whole figure sets previously just for the bottles and gave the figures to Rob who I knew could make use of them, so he kindly reciprocated by giving me some of his spare bottles :) The paints are from Redline RC but not what I ordered, and came complete with someone else's invoice. It was supposed to be X4 Blue and three large mixing bottles. Waiting to hear back from them.

goodies-14th-may-2020.jpg

• Like 1

Carbon reinforced M parts for the FF-03 plus a longer sensor lead for it. Just waiting on the CVD's from RcMart then it'll be done.... Till I break something obviously! 

DSC_0035

Hobbyking UK seem to have very little stock left? Especially of car parts.

I still managed this little order which arrived today:

49897431498_78ba9d3161_b.jpg

WP880 dual motor ESC for my upcoming WR01 rebuild, some XT60 ESC Connectors, a really cheap servo for my M06 runner and a battery.

49898257217_6d94397a9e_b.jpg

But not just any battery....

This is a 3S Lipo, so 11.1V (or 12.6V fully charged)

I've learned that this is the easiest way to make your Tamiya much, much faster. About 50% faster in fact :lol:

Of course, it's also the quickest way to break things. I picked this size because:

49898257257_06c5fa501e_b.jpg

It fits in my F103GT

But also:

49897431093_69e9042ccd_b.jpg

It fits in my WR01 chassis without modifying the battery compartment. Fits snug within the oval cutout without moving around.

There's going to be CARNAGE! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ChrisRx718 said:

But not just any battery....

This is a 3S Lipo, so 11.1V (or 12.6V fully charged)

As my knowledge of electrics only extends as far as knowing that its sparks made of magic travelling through thin solid metal pipes does this mean you need different motors and speed controllers for 12v?

All my nimh batteries, servos, recievers, esc's and motors etc are 7.2v - wont these all get fried if I attach 12v to it?

14 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

As my knowledge of electrics only extends as far as knowing that its sparks made of magic travelling through thin solid metal pipes does this mean you need different motors and speed controllers for 12v?

All my nimh batteries, servos, recievers, esc's and motors etc are 7.2v - wont these all get fried if I attach 12v to it?

On very old ESCs this would be the case. The majority of modern ESCs have a BEC or Battery Elimination Circuit built in. Think of it like a bottleneck or voltage regulator - it will still only allow the 5V to reach the receiver/ servo.

As long as the ESC is 3S compatible (the much admired Hobbywing 1060 for example) then you're golden. Even a standard Tamiya silver can is hilarious on 3S power.