backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

After bits n bobs selling a bit better than I'd thought on eBay, I've treated myself early, (thought I'd need to sort more stuff out to sell!) And bought a new, Sanwa Exzes ZZ, the Z was/is brilliant, but wanted something new (can't remember last time I'd got a new radio!) 

With a couple of bits for @Kevin_Mc , taking advantage of the free delivery.

Had a quick look at the ,user guide, thinking it must be in a few languages, urm no, that's all in English!?! Ive not read a book that big for years! 🤦‍♂️

2020-05-28_12-12-04

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A Hobbyking XR3100 receiver

49944857761_1f14afe127_o.jpg

a pair of new Technigold complete endbells

49944346963_9d2deaef3a_o.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

That's pretty amazing from Tamico. Shows really what an absolute shower our "Royal" Mail system is in the UK. When you compare how badly they've been affected in the last 2 months it's pitiful.

Delivery companies should be absolutely raking in profits now, with the shops closed everyone is relying on shopping online, which brings with it a necessity to deliver.

Militant, unionised ex-big-state industry vs. Free Enterprise in action! :lol:

I'm bitter because my postman brought me nothing but a bill today.

Did you use DHL?? If so not so free enterprise. I think you’ll find it is owned by the German state post office, much in the same way as the company I work for is owned by the German state transportation company?

my last set of alloy wheels for my flat bed trailer turned up today from rc-mart now the grand hauler and trailer will match 

IMG_20200528_121641.jpg

• Like 1

Came one day earlier than expected. I will probably create a build thread on it but for now, it will stay in its box until I at least get the shielded bearings in... This will be my first CC01 build... 

bXcKUKo.jpg

• Like 1

Some magnetic body mounts.

I know some folk on here have had bad experiences with these Chinese bits, but personally I think they're great. About £3.50/set delivered, too.

I've fitted my G500 body to a CC01 long wheelbase and I can lift the whole car up by the bodyshell, so the magnets are definitely strong enough for me!

Screenshot_20200528-170948_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Got this today! I'll have to wait a few days until my birthday to open the box :rolleyes:

20200528-171855.jpg

• Like 9

I finally accepted my cheap banggood soldering iron was not up to the task and ordered a Hakko FX888D. It arrived today, localish purchase so no issues with delivery. Its too cold to try it out now, despite having a new ESC sitting ready to into my D418. The weather forecast suggests no racing this weekend so not a major problem.

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I finally accepted my cheap banggood soldering iron was not up to the task and ordered a Hakko FX888D. It arrived today, localish purchase so no issues with delivery. Its too cold to try it out now, despite having a new ESC sitting ready to into my D418. The weather forecast suggests no racing this weekend so not a major problem.

Ha, I just bought a new roll of solder, my roll from Dick Smith finally ran out! Had it like 10 years?

mOYOfaM.jpg

• Like 2

Some reading for throne time.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sat and watched the stock level go from 4 down to 1 on this, so finally pulled the trigger. Can ye tell what it is?

20200529_165918.jpg

20 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Sat and watched the stock level go from 4 down to 1 on this, so finally pulled the trigger. Can ye tell what it is?

20200529_165918.jpg

Sure. It's an Aero Avante DF02 body.

I got my twentieth RC today  ...I FINALLY got a Wild Willy 2!!!

Since I will soon have a lot of free time I'm making it 4wd with a GF-01 chassis.

• Like 3

So it took over 2 1/2 months but these finally arrived for my black clod

AA5EEA5F-437A-49BC-85B1-740063A17934.jpeg

7 hours ago, howaboutme said:

Less than 2 weeks from HK to the east coast. Not bad at all...

9OYjxNK.jpg

RCMart or another supplier?

Got my soldering jig and some xt-60 connectors and bullet connectors and my shocks for my xv-01, plus a lot more for one of my real cars and such. Waiting on tamiya shafts from Tony and then i can finally get the xv finished

100957040_300024528065186_6122981342264164352_n

100931775_10223190760264356_7299240711314997248_n

• Like 5

Some verrrrry shiny chrome rims for my next build, TT02RR Ferrari 458 Challenge B)

IMG_5586.thumb.jpeg.608423a29b40ad314930bbd36546d6f6.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

RCMart or another supplier?

ebay joyhobbystore. I've had rcmart orders recently and those have been 3 weeks. I may have gotten lucky with the quick turnaround.

This lot turned up yesterday so I spent a little time in the sun sorting through it, removing alien items and tidying it up.

I such a nerd now I am super excited about the Beatties ruck sack I didn’t know they existed and it matches my  RC hold-all 🙈

Honestly I’d love to make a beach runner out of the SRB chassis, but even though working from home has significantly reduced my hours I am still clocking up 45 plus hours  easily each week.

So the plan is to measure the Falcon shocks to see if the will fit my Lunchbox kit and then split everything into 5 lots to sell on.

image.jpg

• Like 1

And new Flysky GTB-3C from my mum for my birthday next week.

I decided to upgrade from my 3B as I like the rechargeable battery and the handset is a little lighter overall.

Evolution rather than revolution 💥