backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

7 minutes ago, futureworks said:

Looks very sleek - is it a new built dyna?

It's a re-release, delivered by the postman in this exact state ;) Chassis is as new, aside from a couple of scratches underneath (is there some protection available, an under cowl for example?). Body is also in very good shape. Wing has some damage. But I'm considering looking for a new body, wing and decals and use the current set for some running! I think this car needs to be driven. 

A Set of Wheels for a MadBull/Fighter for my Daughter, 3 Sets of Motormounts for TA-02 or Buggys. Ball Berings and 2 Sets of CVA Shocks.

DSC00136.thumb.JPG.f1bce80a4a382c960f8188b4232fa172.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 12:01 PM, Juhunio said:

An impulse buy...I categorically do not need it yet as I have a few other builds ready to go but I just kept seeing stock disappearing everywhere and then when this one was reduced...well, I couldn't resist. As someone else on here wisely said "buy now, ask questions later" :lol:

IMG_5645.thumb.jpeg.6aaf049e15e4939eed478eae00d19e05.jpeg

Still factory sealed, couldn't resist having a little peak inside. Man, it looks NICE in there B)

IMG_5646.thumb.jpeg.0ed12d78d6bae0b611db0b88a6583be0.jpeg

These kyosho legends series are definitely giving tamiya a run for their money in the quality department! I've built the optima and turbo optima and they are simply stunning👍

• Like 2

This arrived Wednesday but was opened today, I will get a chance to look to check it over properly at the weekend- 

603-E9-D29-9085-4303-9-A2-F-7-ED05-FDB30

• Like 8

i feel a bit of a fraud as once again these aren't tamiya related! today the postman bought me a couple of bits for my yz10 restoration project, and a very nice vintage futaba esc to fit in my vintage turbo optima project.

i have to say the pengin reproduction bodyshell once again is a great copy and very well made, very impressed once again!

IMG_3610.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, moffman said:

These kyosho legends series are definitely giving tamiya a run for their money in the quality department! I've built the optima and turbo optima and they are simply stunning👍

Yeah, it looks amazing, I can't wait to build it (but I will!). The blister packs are great; of the 8 Tamiya re:res I've bought only the Buggy Champ Silver Edition has them, which is a real shame, they add to the sense of heritage and quality

I'm a bit late to this party and really wanted a Turbo Optima but can't find one anywhere, so grabbed this Javelin while I could :)

TA05IFS today!

eIQ2LpZl.jpg

4370 brushless setup and an absima rx which binds to my flysky tx. Going to buy my first lipo for it - just need to find a 3S that fits with a deans connector.

The body is a Willcom Advan Vemac 480R that someone painted with flake... slightly weird is that this is on the outside of the body. Removing the back part reveals that there is probably a neat race livery painted on the inside. So I think I might find some lexan safe paint stripper (any suggestions??) and try and restore the race livery.

QSOf7fN.jpg

ox9ddbel.jpg

Oh, and I pulled some the slightly chintzy LEDs that were glued inside.

eM0cKMFl.jpg

• Like 3

I use IPA to strip paint from my lexan shells although that might be expensive to get hold of at the moment. The other fluid I have successfully used was auto finesse oblitarate. Neither have ever caused any damage to the lexan and I've stripped whole shells. If there are stickers underneath that paint, I'm not sure what the impact would be to those. 

• Like 1

The white/purple/silver is all under the shell. The black flake paint is on top and the silver stickers on top of that so hopefully I can strip it easily.

1 hour ago, Mark_C said:

4370 brushless setup and an absima rx which binds to my flysky tx. Going to buy my first lipo for it - just need to find a 3S that fits with a deans connector.

I saw that for sale, thought it was a bit overpriced myself but glad it has found a new owner. 

I just test fitted this 3S battery in mine and it fits like a glove:

AF7BE2FE-38A0-48D6-986A-F73AB1A4FFAD.thumb.jpeg.213a7286634efcc42232410556e4b58f.jpeg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I saw that for sale, thought it was a bit overpriced myself but glad it has found a new owner. 

I just test fitted this 3S battery in mine and it fits like a glove:

I didn't think it was that high given the brushless setup on it, there was a bare chassis (admittedly with a few shiny bits) that went for a a fair bit more than I paid.

Yeah I have have to go with a non deans plug and run a converter, seems everything is going over to the yellow plugs now.

Motors for the Javelin, and Top Force treasure 😃

AD3DE781-7405-4431-90F1-6522F9DFD2A1.jpeg

• Like 2

My Novafox showed up from Tamico today.  I ordered it in April.  Don't think I'll build it just yet.  Have to finish my Top Force as well as some hop ups for other cars I have.  Plus I always liked the idea of having a wrapped/sealed kit laying around.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

This arrived Wednesday but was opened today, I will get a chance to look to check it over properly at the weekend- 

603-E9-D29-9085-4303-9-A2-F-7-ED05-FDB30

Is that a custom 'printer' driver?

1 hour ago, mongoose1983 said:

Is that a custom 'printer' driver?

Yes well spotted 👍

I’ll take some more photos tomorrow and post them.

Today the postman bought me a re release turbo optima body set for my restoration project, it’s getting sent away next week for a pro paint job!

5CEC404D-78A3-49E9-A1F6-A5D52CCDF5A8.jpeg

• Like 2

On 6/5/2020 at 4:45 PM, Grumpy pants said:

Yes well spotted 👍

I’ll take some more photos tomorrow and post them.

Apart of that, your Superchamps deserve some specific thread. You know we love those cars ;)

• Like 1

Today the postie brought me (or rather my cat) a proper black can Sport Tuned:

2020-06-06_11-05-04

She has been into the hobby from a young age:

2020-06-06_10-57-27

Unlike her big brother who is mostly into gaming:

2020-06-06_11-11-37

Like most youngsters, it was the fast brushless stuff that initially held her interest:

2020-06-06_11-06-09

However now she is developing an interest in classic F1s:

2020-06-06_11-10-33

So this will probably be where she has me install her new motor. Either that, or in a long-armed M-03:

2020-06-06_11-08-18

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

Not the postman but a local socially distanced Facebook Marketplace pickup.  It's in mint condition having been sat on shelf since it was built 2 years ago.  Full running gear included. It was too good a deal to pass up.

IMG_20200607_154348.jpg

• Like 3

My first rc delivery in a little while thanks to Tony’s Tamiya Parts

90D6CB1E-0F1E-4458-B17B-A8E4A869E02F.jpg
77EE4E38-3F46-401A-94DB-2D9DEF975CC2.jpg

Go-Pro Swift body and (Incorrect) wheels for my M05-RA build.

Rim options for the Top Force build. It's gonna be bright! B)

IMG_5765.thumb.jpeg.b89fee591c365b03ec64fe24556f4873.jpeg

Couldn't resist sticking the tyres on...

IMG_5766.thumb.jpeg.91c1abb023817927cd7ace5b3eb3ef96.jpeg

• Like 5