backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

This FINALLY turned up.

Ordered from RCMart on the 16th of April, turned up yesterday. The tracking says it's been in the country since May the 1st, and the package isn't even anything to do with RCMart? Netherlands Post? 

@Grumpy pants, get a pack of these for your konghead, some 3mm locknuts, and never worry about losing step screws, dog bones, and gearbox joint cups again 👍

LGJD40T.jpg

0U7d5Q7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes! Finally!

Parcel from Plaza Japan, which also avoided any customs charges for a change (all previous orders from there have incurred a bill)

These bits are required to rebuild my low-friction shocks I bought from FaceBook marketplace. I guess it means I can finally build my TA02SW too!26ADF570-A24E-4950-803B-9F909892C16D.thumb.jpeg.6c2531c827d7ca4d60e18991d1f4fb9b.jpeg

• Like 5

Does their shipping take a long time Chris ? they apparently have a part in stock that is out of stock here for at least another month. Debating on if its worth ordering from them.. (unless you happen to have some TA03F rear uprights hanging about...)

ive ordered loads of bits from rcmart, it usually arrived within a week to 10 days, even with the covid 19, i have had stuff arrive with in two weeks. luck of the draw i guess!

32 minutes ago, Mark_C said:

Does their shipping take a long time Chris ? they apparently have a part in stock that is out of stock here for at least another month. Debating on if its worth ordering from them.. (unless you happen to have some TA03F rear uprights hanging about...)

Ordered 22nd May, so 3 weeks exactly. Not bad considering. I just had a quick look for the 03 rear uprights, unfortunately I don't have any :( 

8 minutes ago, catman79 said:

ive ordered loads of bits from rcmart, it usually arrived within a week to 10 days, even with the covid 19, i have had stuff arrive with in two weeks. luck of the draw i guess!

I'm still waiting on a parcel from Banzai hobby in Japan, dispatched on the 11th May :( Shipping times are all over the place.

Case in point: ordered some cheap tyres from AliExpress from a shop in China on the 31st May, expecting them to take forever; just turned up :huh:

I'm now eyeing-up bits from AsiaTees, but my credit card has taken a pounding lately :lol:

• Like 1

Got my All Terrain Vinyls through the post from L and L. At least I`ll have something to do after works cos this rain doesnt look like letting up

15 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Ordered 22nd May, so 3 weeks exactly. Not bad considering. I just had a quick look for the 03 rear uprights, unfortunately I don't have any :( 

I'm still waiting on a parcel from Banzai hobby in Japan, dispatched on the 11th May :( Shipping times are all over the place.

Case in point: ordered some cheap tyres from AliExpress from a shop in China on the 31st May, expecting them to take forever; just turned up :huh:

I'm now eyeing-up bits from AsiaTees, but my credit card has taken a pounding lately :lol:

The rear uprights are split at the top mount, single shear is such a bad idea. If I could find metal ones I'd probably go that route.

Hmm, I may as well wait for UK suppliers I guess. Interesting though, the sprue is about £10 here, JPY 400, which is a sniff under £3..

I hear you on the credit card front.. mine is whimpering tooo at the moment!

A few bits turned up today. Foam Body Protectors, some hot melt glue sticks a white tyre pen and a 4x4 vehicle driver. Still waiting for some paints to start him...

20200612_144952.jpg

• Like 2

The ‘Heavy Metal’ version of the GF01 dump truck, I’ve been interested in getting this kit for a while because of the chrome plated chassis.

Next kit I buy will be a G6-01, most likely the truck.

• Like 2

bought to much stuff this week, and not all of it arrived.

paint some one sold them for 3.75 euro a can, 2 bleu bird servo, tires and wheels, eneloop batteries for my transmitters.

a ta-03f chassis with parts, 2 bodies the yellow one is not so nice is painted with the wrong paint, the silver one is very nice and I think it is an expert build body and never used.

and a rare ta-03f rear gearbox housing and suspension parts that I found very cheap.

49988737307_b02e142e05_c.jpg

50001042367_5b9478b2b1_c.jpg

50000264713_9dfee6e48d_c.jpg

50001040652_bfc56bd02d_c.jpg

50001750221_94ffcfb58a_c.jpg

• Like 4

Congrats on the TA03 parts, where did you find them? Never seen a header card like that before, has it been done by a shop?

Although with 50701 D Parts you are supposed to get 2x as much parts :lol:

5 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Congrats on the TA03 parts, where did you find them? Never seen a header card like that before, has it been done by a shop?

Although with 50701 D Parts you are supposed to get 2x as much parts :lol:

I know that the 50701 parts had to be 2 but the gearbox parts and the 50701 parts where only 9 euro together. 

and the ta-03f rear gearbox part is hard to find there are a few on ebay but they cost like 40 euro.

A very modest set of 3 Flysky receivers 👍

Just some bearing out standing for me at the moment. 

On 6/10/2020 at 1:50 PM, Juhunio said:

Lovely servos for the Super Astute and Top Force B)

IMG_5821.jpeg.76f12f1a2387292c389accf6261b474f.jpeg

I'm gonna sound a bit stupid here:rolleyes: but what's the SSR accepted mean?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, moffman said:

I'm gonna sound a bit stupid here:rolleyes: but what's the SSR accepted mean?

I think it’s...

Sweet-looking Servos, Right?

But I could be wrong 😂

• Haha 3

On 6/11/2020 at 9:59 PM, berman said:

This FINALLY turned up.

Ordered from RCMart on the 16th of April, turned up yesterday. The tracking says it's been in the country since May the 1st, and the package isn't even anything to do with RCMart? Netherlands Post? 

@Grumpy pants, get a pack of these for your konghead, some 3mm locknuts, and never worry about losing step screws, dog bones, and gearbox joint cups again 👍

LGJD40T.jpg

0U7d5Q7.jpg

Thanks @berman It will save the frustration of losing and then waiting for parts to arrive.

I feel like the KH is a keeper so it’s worth me spending a little more on it sensibly 💥

I had thought about this fix, but I hesitated as I don’t want to put the fixing points on the chassis under pressure, but this sounds like it’s not an issue? 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juhunio said:

I think it’s...

Sweet-looking Servos, Right?

But I could be wrong 😂

They are! But its gone get lost underneath the front gearbox of the topforce which is a real shame! But super astute will be in full show👍

• Like 1

Plaza Japan order (via DHL). Mostly XV01 bits, couple TT02 bits, and a pinion for @KalEl63

Just need my XV Long Damper Kit and paint now (And TRF201 front springs coming via ebay)

50007540832_cac76f1fbd_k.jpg

• Like 8

more stuff, parts for my m-05 build, body clips,alloy shock mounts for my low friction dempers, servo savers, springs, body posts,  a vw t1 body, 2 sets of ta-03 torqeu spitter, and some sticker sheets for cheap 2 euro for them.

50009636381_61f2f4bf77_c.jpg

50009109263_fef6fa9913_c.jpg

50009107928_aff15ee563_c.jpg

50009634681_91a996667e_c.jpg

• Like 3

The Exotek RS7 conversion arrived for my TA07, along with a bunch of other parts like carbon reinforced A parts, TRF418 or 419 arms in different compounds, shims, v parts etc. 

What is annoying is RCMart said that 54691 TRF419 arms came in a pack which would outfit one car, but they don't.  I now have to find another one and the shipping on a single part is crazy money.

Pretty happy though, the TA07 is going to look great with a carbon fibre chassis.

On 6/14/2020 at 9:22 PM, Grumpy pants said:

Thanks @berman It will save the frustration of losing and then waiting for parts to arrive.

I feel like the KH is a keeper so it’s worth me spending a little more on it sensibly 💥

I had thought about this fix, but I hesitated as I don’t want to put the fixing points on the chassis under pressure, but this sounds like it’s not an issue? 😊

No, you will need 6 3mm lock nuts though. Just do them up so the nylon is on the thread, bit fiddily, but once it's done, you dont have to sit there with a screwdriver in your pocket taking chances on when it next comes undone. 👍 I did my Dump truck and most of my konghead 😎

• Thanks 1