backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Well i'm amazed - I ordered some paint from Wonderland yesterday and some bits from Wheelspin late morning and both packages have just arrived by DPD.  

So plan for today is to get my rather scabby S-10 shell painted (my ebay restoration project).  I cleaned off all the paint with oven cleaner and it's all clean and masked ready to go!

• Like 1

Hmm, I ordered a Renault 5 Turbo Body for the M-05 chassis on April 20 on Ebay. Tracking says it's still in Chicago in the distribution centre. My patience is being tested......

• Sad 1

Will add some pics when all my expected deliveries have arrived. But, so far today, DPD have delivered a Futaba 7PXR radio from MB Models and a SkyRC D260 charger.

The charger I ordered from hobbyrc.co.uk yesterday. Hadn't used them before but quite impressed with the speed of service.

Waiting for FedEx with a Kraton, Royal Mail for some odds and ends and Modelsport to actually ship some other bits, including batteries for the Kraton.

• Like 1

Today my recent impulse purchase and future vintage runner project arrived, yokomo yz10, which I think is a 95 spec.

oh boy, she needs some love, pictures don’t do the condition of the car justice, it’s a mess! I think the previous owner had a passion for drilling holes in things and making their own parts when things got broke! Only saving grace is I’m restoring a 94 to shelf queen standard so most of the used parts from that can be used on this! I’ll start a build thread on it when I get it started, hopefully ending with some shots of it in action at the iconic rc revival meeting next year, here’s to hoping! 
E990EEFA-4828-4227-BD26-ADED1744BBD8.jpeg.3f69af7593a8f85ab01247381d0e4384.jpegB02DA260-4E91-42C6-AE7F-730E1DC783EF.jpeg.d7be5d9ee3914c32710fa7aecad6b866.jpeg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, ChrisHGTV said:

Well i'm amazed - I ordered some paint from Wonderland yesterday and some bits from Wheelspin late morning and both packages have just arrived by DPD.  

So plan for today is to get my rather scabby S-10 shell painted (my ebay restoration project).  I cleaned off all the paint with oven cleaner and it's all clean and masked ready to go!

I ordered a load of different colour wheel nuts for various buggies on Sunday night (late Sunday night) and they arrived today and my buggy champ ball diff was the same last week! Who said the post/delivery was slow according to certain hobby shops it's still very slow.......really???

6 hours ago, moffman said:

I ordered a load of different colour wheel nuts for various buggies on Sunday night (late Sunday night) and they arrived today and my buggy champ ball diff was the same last week! Who said the post/delivery was slow according to certain hobby shops it's still very slow.......really???

It's not right to brag about your nuts and not post a pic, ya know

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

It's not right to brag about your nuts and not post a pic, ya know

Well here they are! (The left over ones anyway).......and I'm proud of them!

20200617_075330.jpg

• Like 2

Another piece of my XV01 puzzle arrived today, TRF201 front springs

• Like 4

M3 Ti hex screws for the ultimate one I’m building up, I do like the look of titanium. Excessive, but what can I say – I’m bored over here! 😅

image.thumb.jpg.ee4ed258d91b1c434f19eb41d3d9ff2c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Today the postman delivered the super rare original Lancia Rally decal set that i found online. Its going to be a shame to cut it up, but i need it for a restoration.

J

spacer.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, •Axle said:

M3 Ti hex screws for the ultimate one I’m building up, I do like the look of titanium. Excessive, but what can I say – I’m bored over here! 😅

image.thumb.jpg.ee4ed258d91b1c434f19eb41d3d9ff2c.jpg

How do these compare to Tamiyas titanium screws? 

3 hours ago, svenb said:

How do these compare to Tamiyas titanium screws? 

I’m unsure as Tamiya haven’t got a Ti set for me, these are made of grade 2 Ti so not full strength and I prefer machine thread to self tapping. My kit has a ton of M3 10mm so I’ve gone onto AliExpress and found the lengths I need.

Got a new hex driver to with them and will use a little ceramic grease, not taking any chances.

The Dyna Storm shock tower finally arrived from fibre lyte. It is really big. It took forever, it left the UK twice according to tracking.

Hopefully I'll get time tomorrow to build the hi cap dampers for my Super Astute.

Never been so excited about a set of tyres before :lol:

50018354158_ea40c12de9_b.jpg

one soft Compound (blue) & one less so (gold) as that was all that was left - on clearance. They were getting hard to find outside the US. I got the tribute wheels for an Agrios & Clod tyres don’t fit properly without trimming. Anyone got advice On which compound to put on the rear wheels?

• Like 3

New budget bouncers for the Blitzer :D

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

• Like 6

On 6/17/2020 at 8:06 PM, David Zheng said:

Pretty much the start of the brushless trend.

novakSSplus.jpg.e93f7733e65b6363fe49ad264a7fc7f0.jpg

Novak? Didn't know they started it although they no longer exist? I still use Novak Ionic charger for our NiMh batteries :D

On 6/16/2020 at 8:02 PM, Yoda67 said:

Tamiya CC01 Barrel springs for my D90

A very useful upgrade which is what I did with our D90

I really only needed the one on the right but wanted to maximize shipping w/o spending too much.

2.5 weeks from HK to east coast. My 3rd order during pandemic. I think shipping is back to reliable from HK at least.

lRfPP1F.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 6:29 PM, barnettgs said:

Novak? Didn't know they started it although they no longer exist? I still use Novak Ionic charger for our NiMh batteries :D

Trinity actually ran ads disparaging brushless motors when these were out.  Stinks Novak went away.  I never had a failure on one of their products and used them pretty much exclusively when I first got into the hobby.

• Like 4

On 6/17/2020 at 8:06 PM, David Zheng said:

Pretty much the start of the brushless trend.

novakSSplus.jpg.e93f7733e65b6363fe49ad264a7fc7f0.jpg

Still run a 13.5 GTB set up, god Novak were good.

the mongoose/380 micro brushless system was epic