backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

A WL-Toys micro Drifter

5 Heatsinks

Decals for restaurations

2 Super Stock BZ Motors for 30 Euros each i think from Hong Kong, but the seem to be legit

1 Flysky receiver i hope that this will work with my Modelcraft GT3.2 Transmitter

2 Sets of old CVAs

Cleaning Brushes

1 Set of Clod Buster 120 mm shocks

So i got 7 Parcels after my Vacation, i thought my Wife will kill me :D

DSC00140.thumb.JPG.4346f07eac3416317e2dc334f74d3819.JPG

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Hello my name's juhunio and I'm a touring car rim addict

IMG_6122.thumb.jpeg.8e041dae764ed91330a495b4505004a8.jpeg

What are the part numbers for these hop up wheels, I can’t quite make them out on my iPad, when I zoom they get too blurry. I’m particularly interested in the black and blue, and white and blue

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mark_C said:

I have been naughty and ordered a TT-02R from tamico.

My TA03F needs a shell, it might get this one or a Repsol cosworth. The Alfa one on the TL-01 is well battered and I'm in two minds on that one - I can't get the original sticker sheet any more, but can get the shell (when in stock) so I could just do it plain white or get a martini sticker sheet (not sure if tamiya decals are available, but I know MCI ones are, albeit it at £40! :blink: ).

My TL-1 is:

300_58195_01.jpg

Martini version is

300_58189_01.jpg

Would like to do a Lancia as well..

I do have a Merc AMG GT shell I got off ebay but it needs a TT01/2 under it because the TL-01 body posts are in a different place and I don't really want to make more holes in the body. My TT01E is already carrying the Subaru Impreza NBR shell..  I would just buy another cheap chassis off ebay, but prices are daft at the minute.

I thought TL and TT body post locations are the same? As long as the fronts are not mounted at the bumper but at the shock tower? This may upset my plans of using a WRX body from a TL01 on my TT02SR, I guess once I build it I’ll know for sure

37 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

I thought TL and TT body post locations are the same? As long as the fronts are not mounted at the bumper but at the shock tower? This may upset my plans of using a WRX body from a TL01 on my TT02SR, I guess once I build it I’ll know for sure

They are slightly different, will try and take a picture tomorrow.

Just to confuse you a bit more there are more than one body post, one of those might line up exactly, not sure.

13 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Hello my name's juhunio and I'm a touring car rim addict

IMG_6122.thumb.jpeg.8e041dae764ed91330a495b4505004a8.jpeg

Oooooh, those are nice.  I had not idea the big T made 2-tone wheels.

edit - not found on Tamiya's USA website. :(

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

What are the part numbers for these hop up wheels, I can’t quite make them out on my iPad, when I zoom they get too blurry. I’m particularly interested in the black and blue, and white and blue

84252 Part number M8  . Just googled it and it come's up with the wheels .

Also Stellamodels have them  US$6.13 

https://www.stellamodels.com.hk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=84252 

84240 stock out for stellamodels

• Thanks 1

New lunchie pinion from the UK (wiped it with hand sanitizer 😄)

I recently replaced the diff gears in my 11 year old abused lunchbox, but they still whined, and looking at the old pinion it looks like its had a good, hard life 😅

My goodness the gearbox sounds buttery smooth now! 

yrlFyh2.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Black/Blue are 84252

White/Blue are 84240

Cheers 👍

• Thanks 1

I got another magazine from the past.  I always preferred RRCi over RCMC but I did have a copy of this back in the day.

August 1989.

50059761628_afcb36c74d_o.jpg

This edition had reviews of the Tamiya Mud Blaster, an article on how to soup up the Grasshopper 2, and a full 5 pages dedicated to a Kyosho RTR.  Atypically, the reviews in this issue seem a lot less lazy than what I came to expect from RCMC, which is the reason I preferred RRCi.

Off Road racing really was off road racing back then - yes, I know I whine on about it.

Worcester Model Car Club

50060998426_0fc86f7431_o.jpg

50060431848_0ec101470e_o.jpg

Typical British summer, and probably the main reason tracks have changed over the years.  All part of the fun back then, and dialling a car to the track as it changed throughout the day was how the top guys learned all they know.

Speaking of top guys...

50061244232_60e624a6b4_o.jpg

All together now... Awwww.  Such baby faces.

Some of the results

50060431518_08a1a00cd6_o.jpg

As you can see, TamiyaClubs favourite driver, Jamie Booth won all three legs driving Schumacher before he signed up with Tamiya.  And Craig Drescher, also with Schumacher before going on to drive for Team Associated and Yokomo.

The Medway track.  And better weather.

50061243987_6f2a5bdcc4_o.jpg

The track seems a lot more purpose built and permanent compared to Worcester.  But no less fun to drive, I'm sure.

The winners collecting their trophies.

50060997821_d0e7aba788_o.jpg

Phil Davies always seemed like the old guy at the tracks.  Maybe it's that perma moustache.

An ad for Otley Modelsport, who I believe are still going online as Modelsport.co.uk

50060998286_d5a4b1c8fe_o.jpg

Some of their mouthwatering prices for Tamiya kits

50060998201_1fbf3b8792_o.jpg

And to finish off, the cost of an average motor and bearings.

50060997621_72a4ae12ef_o.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Fruitfly01 said:

I got another magazine from the past.  I always preferred RRCi over RCMC but I did have a copy of this back in the day.

August 1989.

50059761628_afcb36c74d_o.jpg

This edition had reviews of the Tamiya Mud Blaster, an article on how to soup up the Grasshopper 2, and a full 5 pages dedicated to a Kyosho RTR.  Atypically, the reviews in this issue seem a lot less lazy than what I cam to expect from RCMC, which is the reason I preferred RRCi.

Off Road racing really was off road racing back then - yes, I know I whine on about it.

Worcester Model Car Club

50060998426_0fc86f7431_o.jpg

50060431848_0ec101470e_o.jpg

Typical British summer, and probably the main reason tracks have changed over the years.  All part of the fun back then, and dialling a car to the track as it changed throughout the day was how the top guys learned all they know.

Speaking of top guys...

50061244232_60e624a6b4_o.jpg

All together now... Awwww.  Such baby faces.

Some of the results

50060431518_08a1a00cd6_o.jpg

As you can see, TamiyaClubs favourite driver, Jamie Booth won all three legs driving Schumacher before he signed up with Tamiya.  And Craig Drescher, also with Schumacher before going on to drive for Team Associated and Yokomo.

The Medway track.  And better weather.

50061243987_6f2a5bdcc4_o.jpg

The track seems a lot more purpose built and permanent compared to Worcester.  But no less fun to drive, I'm sure.

The winners collecting their trophies.

50060997821_d0e7aba788_o.jpg

Phil Davies always seemed like the old guy at the tracks.  Maybe it's that perma moustache.

An ad for Otley Modelsport, who I believe are still going online as Modelsport.co.uk

50060998286_d5a4b1c8fe_o.jpg

Some of their mouthwatering prices for Tamiya kits

50060998201_1fbf3b8792_o.jpg

And to finish off, the cost of an average motor and bearings.

50060997621_72a4ae12ef_o.jpg

Retro! I love those old magazines because it's a snapshot of that month of that year "brilliant".......right I'm off now to order from modelsport! According to that advert they have a Porsche 959 for £137 absolute bargain!

• Haha 5

I found a load of my old mags in my folks loft, when I was looking for other stuff @Fruitfly01 ,and the memories come flooding back reading through, they're back here now, just a shame I cut out the Optima Mid ,Ninja etc pics, to stick on my old bedroom wall!! 

4 hours ago, moffman said:

According to that advert they have a Porsche 959 for £137 absolute bargain!

I was thinking that looking through, but factoring in inflation, it's around £400 for a 959 and almost £90 for clodbuster bearings!! 😬

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Fruitfly01 said:

Scotland's outdoor season is , pretty much, on grass! (And we've the climate for it......🤦‍♂️) ,Dumfries is the closest to the border, if you want a wee road trip.

On a dry, hot , summer day, it can't be beat, with the track changing ,pretty much every lap, as the racing line gets rutted/worn, nothing else compares, but then, a little bit of rain and .......

2020-06-30_03-14-02

2020-06-30_03-14-19

All of a sudden, you're having to strip, clean ,re oil bearings etc ,for each car after every race , so running 2 cars, thats 12 times.......😭

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well, my RCMart order from 7th June still ain't here, normally would be by now. I've reached that point I'm sure we're all familiar with - I had to check what I had ordered :lol:

More worryingly...order from Banzai Hobby on the 5th May still hasn't arrived :(

Plaza Japan order was only placed 2 weeks ago... so there's hope yet.

But today I received some photographic background paper, so I can better document build threads instead of the dining room table which my kids have destroyed!

• Haha 1

My Plaza Japan order placed 13th June has got as far as the Japanese postal service and seemingly disappeared...

Tamico order from Sunday has made it to the outskirts of Frankfurt, not sure if it is going to be flown in or waiting to go on a truck..

After reading all the delays above, I guess I feel better about getting mine in about 9 days from AsiaTees.  Ordered Jun 21, they sent an email late in the evening on the 25th right before I was heading for bed asking for $15 additional shipping (on top of the $82 already paid) for FedEx International Priority. So I paid it quickly and notified them. They thanked me. 10 minutes later another email arrived asking for $17 more. I thought what the.... 5 minutes later another email arrived canceling the $17 additional. Then, FedEx hung on to it for 27 hours past the estimated delivery time.

I’m just glad it made it.... all that fuss for a Bullhead!!!!  Just waiting for the Thunder Tech Racing chassis now (about a 3 week waiting list). 

Oan45N2.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

After reading all the delays above [...]

Oan45N2.jpg

Antonio+Banderas.gif

Absolutely fantastic!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 non genuine “Sport Tuned” Motors and some alloy Fox rear wheel hubs

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

2 non genuine “Sport Tuned” Motors and some alloy Fox rear wheel hubs

Have you seen that YouTube comparison where the guy compares the fake Sport Tuned with a stock silver can?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Have you seen that YouTube comparison where the guy compares the fake Sport Tuned with a stock silver can?

Yep I have, I’m not concerned about performance with these at all, it’s purely about the look, silver cans just look so standard, I’m not even all that interested in the new silver Sport Tuned or Torque Tuned Motors TBH

• Like 3

A nice little upgrade arrived today. I won’t be the first real world tester though - might take me a while to get it installed!

45B5CBFB-802F-46C1-A412-94064EBFF83B.jpg

Thanks @Xeostar

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Thank you for posting.  That was interesting.  

Aside from the looks, it's a silver can!  It's a shame that these things cannot be trusted.  If they had called it "speed tuned" and made it a bit faster than the silver can, they could have competed with the real Sport Tuned, especially for that money.  I suppose we should count ourselves lucky that most clones of 1060 ESC and SkyRC IMAX B6 chargers are good enough.  

14 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

10 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Yep I have, I’m not concerned about performance with these at all, it’s purely about the look, silver cans just look so standard, I’m not even all that interested in the new silver Sport Tuned or Torque Tuned Motors TBH

4 hours ago, Juggular said:

Thank you for posting.  That was interesting.  

Aside from the looks, it's a silver can!  It's a shame that these things cannot be trusted.  If they had called it "speed tuned" and made it a bit faster than the silver can, they could have competed with the real Sport Tuned, especially for that money.  I suppose we should count ourselves lucky that most clones of 1060 ESC and SkyRC IMAX B6 chargers are good enough.  

Just further to this, I’ve bought these to go into my Black Clod, and it was the performance of them that convinced me to get them, they obviously have zero timing (compared to the genuine ones) which eliminates any potential issues that may arise from running the genuine ones (one runs in reverse). The black can look is what I was after, and for a bit under $20AUD shipped for 2, I’m happy to take the risk.

• Like 5