backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

On 7/1/2020 at 12:04 PM, mtbkym01 said:

Yep I have, I’m not concerned about performance with these at all, it’s purely about the look, silver cans just look so standard, I’m not even all that interested in the new silver Sport Tuned or Torque Tuned Motors TBH

Same here 

you can get 5 of these for £30

JJ

• Like 2

Flysky GT3C transmitter - took 6 weeks to arrive from China and the box has taken a bit of a battering as it was basically just wrapped in a thin plastic bag. Fortunately the contents was perfectly fine! The transmitter looks really good for the price - £40 delivered by slow boat..

D7F4C898-DE2C-4F50-A844-B03B1A5388A5.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 4:48 PM, Badcrumble said:

A nice little upgrade arrived today. I won’t be the first real world tester though - might take me a while to get it installed!

45B5CBFB-802F-46C1-A412-94064EBFF83B.jpg

Thanks @Xeostar

Sweeeeeeet - I have delivery envy ;)

do give us feedback

JJ

Yessss!

At last the postman delivers. Played a blinder too - the wife has just gone out :lol:

So what have I ordered?

MST wheels and tyres, the wheels are for my Castrol Supra build
TT01 propshaft and TT01E A Parts - I had enough other 'bits' to build an entire chassis so why not?!
DF02 Springs... Waited so long for these I actually bought entirely different dampers
M-06 steering set - replaces the awful Jaz Rider setup which didn't even come with all the parts required to fit!
DF03 wheels for upcoming "Project Triggered" :ph34r:
TL01 body posts to fit my Amarok to my WR01

06546524-2325-4704-9E9D-D727EAA6955C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

A Rather Large Box

20200706_142949_resized.thumb.jpg.bf720f047acb8c81e92932da37aef149.jpg

Containing A Smaller Box

20200706_143054_resized.thumb.jpg.7dca73f35e97a388ec6ac264bc8e68db.jpg

At Last i have somewhere to put my screws, nuts, bolts and everything in between...

20200706_143427_resized.thumb.jpg.7589bc5f7ce108b1d04aafe63aad65fa.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, gregdogghurst said:

Just turned up from RCMart-managed to avoid Swiss import taxes also 😎

Jeez, never knew TB-04 chassis exists! Is it the latest in TB chassis series?

28 minutes ago, barnettgs said:

Jeez, never knew TB-04 chassis exists! Is it the latest in TB chassis series?

There’s a TB-05 now also which has an ‘usual’ chassis and gives the option to mount the motor in the front or rear.

I chose this as it has a tub style chassis which I prefer and a lot of hop ups included in the kit that I would have ended up buying anyway. Also discounted by 57% on RCMart so double win financially 👍🏽👍🏽

• Like 2

On 7/4/2020 at 10:06 AM, berman said:

I totally agree with you, Kym. They could have at least done a full wrap sticker with some colour on the Torque and new Sport. Half of the fun is getting something that looks physically different. Who wants to look at something that looks identical to the one that comes in every standard kit?

If it makes you feel any better, my Kyosho tires still havent arrived from the USA, ordered March 26th. Think I may have to email the seller, even though it's not his fault. 😔

Holy moly! They FINALLY ARRIVED!

Ordered 26th of March, now 7th of July 😬😬😬

I was just about to email the guy and ask if he could help locate them...

CDSOSOx.jpg

• Like 7

A Technigold motor in very good condition.  This was listed as 'never run' and from all outward appearances, this maybe the case.  I already have a couple of these and I couldn't help but buy this one too (sucker).  Also, it was a bargain when compared to all the other asking prices out there.  I couldn't resist.

Clean, unscratched sticker

50086904097_246e53354c_o.jpg

No scratched paint on this end, but a couple marks picked out in the photo- someone's possibly played with the timing screw.  I think this has been mounted at some point, as seen by the missing paint inside the mounting hole on the right.

50086087043_731929c91e_o.jpg

Clean Endbell, bearing and solders.

50086903607_4c3b36edeb_o.jpg

The only thing that really seems to let it down is the tarnishing of the can.  There's mild blotching and discolouration all over the can.  I'm hoping it can be removed and the can restored to a better condition.

50086903347_877bd71209_o.jpg

• Like 3

M3 titanium washers, please somebody help me. I need to stop looking for titanium parts 😅...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was looking for aluminum steering parts for my Dark Impact, but saw some offers on ,Rcmart I couldn't refuse. Spring steel shafts £16, heavy duty shafts £8 and the aluminum wing mount £1.50.

Ended up getting the  (well some, still need a ,bridge) steering parts off eBay?!? 

2020-07-07_08-55-00

• Like 3

Some receivers to make more of the runners ready to run, to keep impatient children happy and Daddy sane.

BD72-F1-CF-0-AE0-478-A-99-BD-A6-B8891963

Realised I didn’t need to buy the 4 channel T-FHSS ones that are twice the price too

• Like 4

Hey @Wooders28 I got some universals for my df03 as well! Just received them today. Also universals for my TT02B, and some miscellaneous hardware on the side:

Whats-App-Image-2020-07-08-at-01-03-57-2

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I got some universals for my df03 as well!

I wondered if I should have got more of the spring steel, but the heavy duty have been abused in mine for almost a decade before looking worn.

2 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

I wondered if I should have got more of the spring steel, but the heavy duty have been abused in mine for almost a decade before looking worn.

I would surmise that the spring steel version is both lighter and stronger, hence the hefty markup compared to the HD. I'll let you know after a decade of use :lol:

• Haha 1

yesterday i had a Yokomo YD-2TC and Tamiya TT-02 Type-S with some few upgrades delivered to me. picked up a few more upgrades for the TT-02 today.

6U8A7143.jpg

• Like 2

I tell you what the postie hasn't brought me lately! And that's rc racer magazine? I've had a subscription to that magazine for as long as I can remember but all their website says is they can't get it printed and the subscription page they have taken it down and that was put up on April 2nd no other information has been put up which is pretty poor especially to subscribers and the other magazines they do seem to be fine I have tried  to contact them but I've received no correspondence back! so I can only come to the conclusion that the only rc car magazine in the UK has finally bit the dust???:wacko: unless someone knows different? Very sad if it has gone because I know rc car information is instantly on line but I love a good read of a magazine that I get through the letterbox and (peaceful hour or so to myself can't beat it) also it's a record of that month in rc history which online magazines can't do! My stupid irritating cloud can't even keep photos:angry: it decides when it feels like deleting them without informing me!

• Like 1

20200708_121443.thumb.jpg.333fb94d8f6052c14175d1c0970d2a36.jpg

Received these CVA shocks Tamiya #54753 for my MF-01X.

This set of 4 works out far cheaper than #50746 (2 shocks), not only that but also includes springs which #50746 do not have.