backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

20 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

20200716_113753

Couldn't find any carbon tamiya battery plates and wanted to replace the big aluminium one on my TB03, so i drew one up and got a couple from Fibre lyte

Look nice! 

20200716_114640

They look awesome

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Seanster43 said:

They look awesome

Thanks. They're very thin, 1.4mm, but they work fine. Need to get some 6mm plastic washers to glue on the ends to space them for the posts. 

3 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Thanks. They're very thin, 1.4mm, but they work fine. Need to get some 6mm plastic washers to glue on the ends to space them for the posts. 

If you fancy thicker ones, the TT-02 straps fit the same post spacing, as do their carbon upgrades.

27 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

If you fancy thicker ones, the TT-02 straps fit the same post spacing, as do their carbon upgrades.

Nah, i went thin because i think that's all they need to be. They worked fine last night at the track. And about half the price of Tamiya ones too! 

The postman was kind enough to drop this off today, courtesy RCmart. It represents a couple of firsts for me: First FWD kit, first M-chassis, and probably the first time my wife will bring up divorce lol. Now the wait begins for that darned m3 thread tap!:

IMG-20200717-213650.jpg

I went a little tiny bit nuts with the hopups I think, now that I'm seeing them all at once, but I'll just pretend it was a stock M07R, which is what I originally wanted.

NB: Obviously the hopup marked "TT02 Aluminum... " is for the TT02S, but the rest are all for this one.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

The postman was kind enough to drop this off today, courtesy RCmart. It represents a couple of firsts for me: First FWD kit, first M-chassis, and probably the first time my wife will bring up divorce lol. Now the wait begins for that darned m3 thread tap!:

IMG-20200717-213650.jpg

I went a little tiny bit nuts with the hopups I think, now that I'm seeing them all at once, but I'll just pretend it was a stock M07R, which is what I originally wanted.

NB: Obviously the hopup marked "TT02 Aluminum... " is for the TT02S, but the rest are all for this one.

Very nice! 👍 That will be my next purchase if I don't get a M01/2 first.

2 hours ago, Novamadcars said:

This turned up yesterday. Don’t know why I bought it but I did

Every RC car I’ve bought 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Novamadcars said:

Don’t know why I bought it but I did 🤔

I think there’s a song title in there...

• Haha 1

A couple of servos today, I have a few 1501MG Power HD’s which are analogue in other cars and work great, so I thought I’d give these a go.

FA91CAD2-DF89-4C0C-A05A-5CAE8832BB72.jpg

• Like 3

A parcel of stuff courtesy of Farmerbrown.

Some bits for my Ta02, F103 and some Tl01 chassis parts amongst other assorted parts for various projects.

Resized_20200718_153131_1808.jpeg

• Like 1

The postman brough me this yesterday evening... a few sets of NIP vintage Eagle spiked tires, found on the bay a while ago for a steal (relatively speaking). Very happy with it as they are gorgeous and smell like heaven! 

20200717-184102.jpg

Had to get eight of them... one set of four will run, the other will be for the shelf. 

Held my breath for a few weeks as I wasn't sure they would fit my 8-holes Kyosho rims i bought them for. Fortunately, they fit like a glove👍

...now I want an Eagle Spiked Tires deodorant for myself...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not a postman but one of my friends has just dropped off to me a 1/16 Brushless acme fire wolf That’s not had much use at all. 

• Like 1

Bling, bling, bling! 

These parts came in the mail within the last few days. Most of this RCmart bonanza will be for the Manta Ray, but there are also some part for my upcoming Terra Scorcher build.

20200718-175750.jpg

• Like 3

Oh yeah... Tower has the Terra Scorcher in stock... really considering that one as my last purchase for the year... 

20200718_151802.jpg

I got this today.  Thank you USPS.

Totally old school, but its what i'm used to.  Should give the TT02B Plasma Edge a bit more pep-in-the-step.

Ferruz - I see you have the Extra Speed alloy A5 part for the Terra Scorcher.  Let us know if that bad boy is truly plug and play.  I have one on the way as well.  

IMG_20200718_193335878.jpg

• Like 4

My Tamiyaclub Hump Pack t-shirt!  Just back from vacation and it was here waiting for me.  Beautifully made, money well spent!

• Like 3

18 hours ago,  Novamadcars said: 

Don’t know why I bought it but I did 🤔

14 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I think there’s a song title in there...

Ha ha, and the next line of the song might be “ I used to have some money, now I’ve none “ 😫

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

My Tamiyaclub Hump Pack t-shirt!  Just back from vacation and it was here waiting for me.  Beautifully made, money well spent!

Gonna need a photo of that!

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 6:59 PM, Yoda67 said:

Early birthday present 

f8fwCns.jpg

As it’s a pressie from my other half I can’t have it yet, gotta wait till birthday (4/08)

• Like 2

On 6/16/2020 at 8:02 PM, Yoda67 said:

Tamiya CC01 Barrel springs for my D90

Swapped out the Aturn 4K servo for Etronix 15.3 K. Now the steering turns when required and centres when stationary. 
just need to get out and try it out.

Well blow me down with a feather, RC parts would appear to be like buses, nothing for an age then 2 turn up at once. 
Relieved to say a Phat Lexan Mini body turned up today from the other side of the world in perfect condition. I can see why Mini’s are so popular now I’ve got one in my hand (even if it’s not strictly Tamiya ) 😁

F0A0F0B3-B1C7-41D1-9DC1-251CC88B0A7D.jpg

• Like 9

my first modern transmitter/receiver!!!

Went for a Flysky FS-i6 as I'm a die-hard stick fan.

Foolishly forgot to order the spring return bit for the fwd/rev stick, so need to get one of them, but otherwise I think I've got everything needed to get at least the CR-01 running!! :o

• Like 2