backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

1 minute ago, rwordenjr said:

I was going to throw the real one in a hornet. This fake one like a black silver can basically. 

ebay got me on those fake 380 brushless in 540 cans. im gonna use em for hornet and grasshopper maybey frog. i have three of em

Nice little haul from Asiatees today:

Hobbywing 1080 for my CC02
Hobbywing 10BL60 for my TA05R
Team Raffee Defender dashboard for my CC02
Team Raffee diamond plate bonnet vents for the CC02 (meant for the Traxxas, but should fit..)
Some 18mm masking tape
MST rims for my Wrangler CC01 (non beadlock)
Loads of 3Racing bling for my FF03 project

The freebies were the 12AWG wire and a little box of m3 hardware (Trail Survival Kit) - you can never have enough hardware...

193B2D81-814A-4158-8473-DDB8CB460C7C.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

I was going to throw the real one in a hornet. This fake one like a black silver can basically. 

I have about 15 of these now 

but I’m only paying £5 each

JJ

2 hours ago, Problemchild said:

I have about 15 of these now 

but I’m only paying £5 each

JJ

yea lol, when I opened package and saw that, I was shocked. 

17 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Nice little haul from Asiatees today:

Hobbywing 1080 for my CC02
Hobbywing 10BL60 for my TA05R
Team Raffee Defender dashboard for my CC02
Team Raffee diamond plate bonnet vents for the CC02 (meant for the Traxxas, but should fit..)
Some 18mm masking tape
MST rims for my Wrangler CC01 (non beadlock)
Loads of 3Racing bling for my FF03 project

The freebies were the 12AWG wire and a little box of m3 hardware (Trail Survival Kit) - you can never have enough hardware...

193B2D81-814A-4158-8473-DDB8CB460C7C.jpeg

Would like to see that FF03 build. If there are any questions during your build, I'd be glad to help. :)

These were delivered today. Two XV-01 builds for me and my friend.

A378uafl.jpg

• Like 11

14 hours ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

Phone not working and list would be too long.  Got items to begin the builds on my rere terra scorcher and rere ultima.

Just wondering what items did you buy for the Rere Terra Scorcher. Mine's about to be delivered today by FedEx. Planning on just 3D printing some A5 support. Other than that, I dont have anything else but the kit contents. 

38 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

Would like to see that FF03 build. If there are any questions during your build, I'd be glad to help. :)

Yea I plan to document it regardless, but sadly I'm waiting on a Japanese shipment from Plaza Japan for those all-important K-parts, which I need in Step 1 :lol:

God knows when the parcel will arrive.

32 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

Nice! I also have an XV-01 to build myself. I could only find the Long Damper spec in stock and bought the last one Tamico had at the time, 2 weeks ago. I'd like to build mine with a slipper clutch and aluminium suspension mount blocks as-per the recommendations on this forum, but put simply I've ran out of toy spending money at the moment!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

More magazines!  

Model Cars from June 1981

50141119007_a5793deacb_o.jpg

Model Cars from June 1989 and July 1991.  Not in the best condition so might keep an eye out for better copies

50140337598_64b9439116_o.jpg

Radio Race Car issues 13 and 14 from 1983

50141118967_b8ed5af627_o.jpg

Radio Race Car, May, August 1987

50140337508_1848b61c98_o.jpg

Radio Race Car, June 1992, Boomerang/Hotshot etc F parts, 2000 grit abrasive papers and CVA short shocks

50140337403_9a46700fd4_o.jpg

• Like 9

On 7/21/2020 at 2:08 PM, taffer said:

Mines going in the new super dragon so I'll see how it goes

I grumbled saying it was a fake and that I'd like 50% refund, guy said he wants it back and full refund will be given!?

Oh well....

3 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

A378uafl.jpg

I quite fancy one of these but the worry is there isn't much body protection from bumps. I assume they can handle very mild off-road conditions but no more?

Reproduction decals for the Hornet have arrived. All original except for 1 detail. Can anyone spot what it is ? 

005D56B1-498C-489B-ABC6-FF9AC8161065.jpeg

4 hours ago, martinjpayne said:

Warning sticker for resistor is upside down?

The middle color in the stripes! Changed from 2nd orange color to sunflower yellow. So stripes are orange, sunflower yellow, yellow. Hornets are more yellow than orange so I wanted 2 shades of yellow instead of 2 shades of orange. Here’s the original for reference. 

FDE1E485-8255-4670-BDE0-6D19DF24890D.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J@mes said:

oh yeah!

50144055707_766b74839f_b.jpg

Woop woop!!! 

Very cool!. This truck is so much fun!. It’s amazing how much fun you can have with a clod buster and a couple of bricks and a sheet of wood!. Like being a kid again!.

• Like 1

New plastic for the Hotshot 2.  Front skid plate and bumper.

19 hours ago, Manix92 said:

I quite fancy one of these but the worry is there isn't much body protection from bumps. I assume they can handle very mild off-road conditions but no more?

I've been rallying two kits of mine since last year. An FF03 modified/converted to rally spec and LRP S10 TC also converted to rally spec. I've raced both and enjoy them without the worry of bumps which is quite normal on races. Since rally cars don't (and are not required to) jump as high as off-road buggies, their suspension can withstand such rebounds. My cars have flipped, rolled over quite a few times and the entire chassis remain intact and not a single broken part yet so far. The XV-01, is a chassis designed for serious rallying. According to experienced drivers/owners of this kit, a few modifications will make the car perform better.

• Like 2

Finally got some LiPo... fortunate to find it in this size... took 3weeks total from Aliexpress. Fits perfectly on my Manta Ray and M03. 

20200723_115320.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, burakol said:

Finally got some LiPo... fortunate to find it in this size... took 3weeks total from Aliexpress. Fits perfectly on my Manta Ray and M03. 

20200723_115320.jpg

These Gartpots are also available on Amazon for £25, which isn't bad if they're a good battery.  I've been tempted to get one or two myself, but I have five other LiPo batteries in the same size hard cases already.  I'm still tempted though.  Please let us know how you get on with them and perhaps put your findings in this thread.  Very interested.

3 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

I've been rallying two kits of mine since last year. An FF03 modified/converted to rally spec and LRP S10 TC also converted to rally spec. I've raced both and enjoy them without the worry of bumps which is quite normal on races. Since rally cars don't (and are not required to) jump as high as off-road buggies, their suspension can withstand such rebounds. My cars have flipped, rolled over quite a few times and the entire chassis remain intact and not a single broken part yet so far. The XV-01, is a chassis designed for serious rallying. According to experienced drivers/owners of this kit, a few modifications will make the car perform better.

Well I have been watching a few videos now on what they can do, I think it will be between a DB-01 and XV-01 for the next build.