backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

just got those parts for my TT-02. Tamiya High Speed Gear and Yeah Racing adjustable motormount.

6U8A7223.jpg

when my schedule clears up, i can start assembly.

• Like 1

Not strictly the postie, but picked this up as an Amazon deal of the day. Lots of new small whizzy spinny cutty grindy things to play with :D

IMG_6619.jpeg.bd8fb2e5340447b91305982ab6eb47f2.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Juhunio said:

Not strictly the postie, but picked this up as an Amazon deal of the day. Lots of new small whizzy spinny cutty grindy things to play with :D

Oooooooohhhh platinum edition! Look how it shines! And all the extra thingys... I want one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee76 said:

Oooooooohhhh platinum edition! Look how it shines! And all the extra thingys... I want one.

And a nice case for it. The plastic one for my 3000 is rubbish.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Have you got the grey plastic wedge thing too? Yeah, sucks ***... I bought an accessory set off amazon that was so cheap I thought is must be rubbish.. actually quite good :)

3 hours ago, Juhunio said:

I had to give up on Dremel's and move to die grinders. I think I just expected too much from them, burnt three out, in fact burnt out a new one in a day once.

Restoring cars (the real ones you sit in) they are useful for getting in places to grind weld down or cut little bits off but really it's a step too far.

There have been times I wish I had one just for RC work recently though, the die grinder is a bit of animal for that kind of thing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lee76 said:

Have you got the grey plastic wedge thing too? Yeah, sucks ***... I bought an accessory set off amazon that was so cheap I thought is must be rubbish.. actually quite good :)

Mine was this one - not bought from there

https://www.warm-glass.co.uk/dremel-3000-with-dremel-flexible-shaft-p-2887.html

I quite fancy the drill press stand but the reviews aren't all that and I don't have anywhere to put it!

I'll just carry on with the occasional butchering session in the garage!!!

Postman bought me some goodies today thanks to a couple of tc members. It’s amazing how pleased I was to receive a £25 set of plastic wheels!. These are by far my favourite wheel type and look perfect on all the Avante family!. 

Will have another box next week with top force with Tamiya carbon chassis set and a super astute then that’s it for a while. Got to give the credit card a rest!. 

2B455434-6C2E-4016-9D1C-4E530B9BDDFB.jpeg

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, xray mark said:

Postman bought me some goodies today thanks to a couple of tc members. It’s amazing how pleased I was to receive a £25 set of plastic wheels!. These are by far my favourite wheel type and look perfect on all the Avante family!. 

Will have another box next week with top force with Tamiya carbon chassis set and a super astute then that’s it for a while. Got to give the credit card a rest!. 

2B455434-6C2E-4016-9D1C-4E530B9BDDFB.jpeg

Blimey, that is a serious drop! Enjoy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

The case is verrrry nice! Had a lovely afternoon putting all the bits and pieces in the pots in the drawer while sat watching the cricket. Happy times 😃 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manix92 said:

I had to give up on Dremel's and move to die grinders. I think I just expected too much from them, burnt three out, in fact burnt out a new one in a day once.

Restoring cars (the real ones you sit in) they are useful for getting in places to grind weld down or cut little bits off but really it's a step too far.

There have been times I wish I had one just for RC work recently though, the die grinder is a bit of animal for that kind of thing

Oh this is purely for RC, modelling, light DIY and general man-cave pottering. Nothing too heavy duty! 

My first lipo battery, a 2s 3325mah pack, slightly longer than a standard NiMH, charged it up and changed settings on my esc to accommodate it. Cannot wait for tomorrows drive!

46 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

Just got these 3 delivered from Japan 

iHxAX7D.jpg

sweet 

JJ

These really take me back to my childhood, I specifically remember clawing out pebbles from a dry dusty unmade road trying to make up a course.

29 minutes ago, •Axle said:

These really take me back to my childhood, I specifically remember clawing out pebbles from a dry dusty unmade road trying to make up a course.

Exactly why I got them ;)

JJ

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

He brought some of the parts to rebuild my 80’s Hornet for the second time. 

90F5C2FE-71F8-4A4C-B34F-2A3D57AF4864.jpeg

What beetle shell is that?

JJ

A great condition manual courtesy of @Hairyjon313👍 cheers mate

And a 1600sp battery. 

15956714503694045286110647886673.jpg

• Like 2

There’s a guy on UK eBay selling what appears to be the fake sport tuned motors as well - £19.99 with free postage. 

3 hours ago, E28_M5 said:

There’s a guy on UK eBay selling what appears to be the fake sport tuned motors as well - £19.99 with free postage. 

Ali express is £5 plus postage

surely that guy is just ordering them direct and getting them shipped direct 

JJ

Thanks to @Mad Ax I have a Suzuki Swift shell for my M05-RA. It is at the office, however, so will have to wait until later in the week before it can meet the chassis...

• Like 1

An RTR TA-04 for £42 delivered? 

Go on then :D

IMG_20200725_164350.thumb.jpg.460e0ca521a11f95933cae5cedff431a.jpg

Always wanted a belt drive on-road car, so when I saw this I had to grab it.

I recently bought a TT01, but after getting this I put that straight back up for sale :lol:

• Like 4