backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Sometimes i dont really begrudge the customs charge so much - demz da rulez.

Its the Royal Mail thieving git ransom charge that makes me wince.

• Like 3

I don't mind the charge so much. I'd not been charged for my last two orders from RC Mart so i suppose its fair that I pay one every now and again.

What makes it tricky is that the Royal Mail sorting office is only open for 2 hours per day (7 until 9am) so i'll have to wait another 2 days for a re-delivery.

Out of interest where was that shipped from?

Ive only ever been collared on orders from Japan or USA. Never from Hong Kong or China.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ministrone said:

:( All I got today was this.

C77807FF-161C-4012-AA61-08329B3BC9A3.jpeg

Last time I got one of these, I paid it immediately on the internet, but customs didn’t process it properly.. i.e. move the package from one shelf to another once the computer tells them it’s paid. I’m a patient person so I waited the suggested time before you consider a package missing and then followed the correct procedures.. think this was three weeks. Which coincidentally is the same time they will keep a package with unpaid taxes.. so while I was patiently waiting they were busy sending my package back across to the other side of the Atlantic. The missing package helpline operator said something along the lines of ‘yes, I can see you paid straight away but I don’t think they scrolled down far enough to see that on their system and have now sent it back’ so the moral of the story is, don’t be patient... don’t wait the recommended times.. chase as soon as it’s a day late and don’t trust anything to competency of HMRC or Royal Mail...

edit.. at least they refunded my handling ‘extortion’ fee...

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

100% this. The VAT is fair enough, win some lose some, but the fee is nonsense 

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Out of interest where was that shipped from?

Ive only ever been collared on orders from Japan or USA. Never from Hong Kong or China.

USA: every time 🙄

Hong Kong / China: never 😁

Japan: occasionally. Customs roulette 😂

1 hour ago, Ministrone said:

Sand scorcher box art bumpers from the U.S.

That's what I'm wanting for mine,if you don't mind me asking how much did they cost with shipping and how long did they take to get to you

I paid $80 plus $22 postage. Ouch!

i ordered from Cooper813 on ebay and so far they’ve taken 19 days to arrive. That’s quicker than I expected.

1 hour ago, Lee76 said:

so the moral of the story is, don’t be patient... don’t wait the recommended times.. chase as soon as it’s a day late and don’t trust anything to competency of HMRC or Royal Mail...

That’s good advice. 
I’ll be sure to chase it up.

• Like 1

Recieved a new GM Racing Brushlsss Pro 13.5t sensored motor. Absolut bargain for 50% of normal price at a clearence sale from an internet shop here in germany.

For 30€, I can't say no :rolleyes:

IMG_20200729_194220.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Trust me if it was left to the HM customs & revenue you wouldn't get your item this side of xmas (at the earliest) the post office (royal mail) pay the charges on your behalf to free up the item so it gets to you quicker and they are looking (reviewing) this system because they do not earn from it and in fact as it stands at the moment it's a loss for them so you want to hope they continue with it because if HM customs are going to be forced  to do the donkey work God only knows how and when you would get your items? If you then refuse the item royal mail gets stuffed with the charge and the item goes back to sender at their expense so the "thieving ransom git charge" is the insurance for that and again trust me many thousands of items get refused every week which runs into £ millions! and get used to it because when we leave the European union the custom charges will apply to things from the European countries aswell and our wonderful HM customs & revenue will be even slower (and richer) 

• Thanks 3

My apologies for not posting here, I'm receiving things daily, sometimes 2 packages a day, and I don't want to spam this thread :lol:

I need to slow the heck down, and just sit tight and receive all the shipments that are coming in from around the globe. My walk-in closet is beginning to look like a warehouse!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

My apologies for not posting here, I'm receiving things daily, sometimes 2 packages a day, and I don't want to spam this thread :lol:

I need to slow the heck down, and just sit tight and receive all the shipments that are coming in from around the globe. My walk-in closet is beginning to look like a warehouse!

Spam away, we love it! 😁

One of them is a birthday present for yesterday 😏

xtFpIjm.jpg

• Like 5

Received my DF03 stickers from MCI today. Overall pleased with the quality. Very small problem that they have agreed to sort but looking forward to putting them to use. 

20200730_170052

• Like 1

20 hours ago, moffman said:

Trust me if it was left to the HM customs & revenue you wouldn't get your item this side of xmas (at the earliest) the post office (royal mail) pay the charges on your behalf to free up the item so it gets to you quicker and they are looking (reviewing) this system because they do not earn from it and in fact as it stands at the moment it's a loss for them so you want to hope they continue with it because if HM customs are going to be forced  to do the donkey work God only knows how and when you would get your items? If you then refuse the item royal mail gets stuffed with the charge and the item goes back to sender at their expense so the "thieving ransom git charge" is the insurance for that and again trust me many thousands of items get refused every week which runs into £ millions! and get used to it because when we leave the European union the custom charges will apply to things from the European countries aswell and our wonderful HM customs & revenue will be even slower (and richer) 

That’s really interesting, thank you. I’m sure it’s all accurate, and does help challenge my (seemingly incorrect) opinion that the RM fee is money for nothing and it would be easier / cheaper to pay HMRC direct. Clearly not 

I’m dreading the post Brexit potential of all this nonsense applying to purchases from the good old EU too 😢

• Like 1

The final puzzle pieces for my FF03 build courtesy of Plaza Japan. Bought a "bag o'bits" from @ThunderDragonCy weeks ago and have since spent around £95 on some carefully selected parts from various sellers, should have something close to resembling an FF03 Pro for a total outlay of about £120, so not at all bad!

20200730_203549.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Juhunio said:

That’s really interesting, thank you. I’m sure it’s all accurate, and does help challenge my (seemingly incorrect) opinion that the RM fee is money for nothing and it would be easier / cheaper to pay HMRC direct. Clearly not 

I’m dreading the post Brexit potential of all this nonsense applying to purchases from the good old EU too 😢

No problem👍 when I've just read my response back it is reading like a rant but I can assure you it wasn't it's just my experience with working with HM customs and royal mail amongst other couriers for the last 35 years!. HM customs and revenue are a total law to themselves and its going to be interesting times ahead after the 31st of December!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xray mark said:

Chrome TOP 27t brushed motor. 

8E61CC37-27CD-4439-BE2C-14729EC8327D.jpeg

E4C0DF56-36EC-452D-8217-34AE7ACC0F67.jpeg

That looks sweet 👍

27 minutes ago, ploots said:

That looks sweet 👍

Thanks!. This is his better looking brother..

231CACCD-3E47-4C13-A991-AD3358B5D20F.jpeg

• Like 1

Little pack of goddies finally arrived from Japan after being ordered on June 13th

qbpFJBrl.jpg

This includes the uprights for the TA03F that I can finally get to rebuild, its been living in an ice cream tub for the last couple of months.

• Like 2