backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

28 minutes ago, Wetman said:

My Merc came!! And even better a pack of Moams!! 

Nice, what's your plans?

I just ordered some new MF01X "A" parts as I'm fairly sure that's all that stands between me and a whole new build!

PS you shouldn't be posting pictures of your Mini Chopper on the internet @Wetman, this is a family site.

:lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Is that some sort of bad reaction to the polycarbonate paint or was it deliberately painted with a ghetto camoflage wrap effect?

I quite like it :ph34r:

It was painted like that, I think and backed with what I can only describe as industrial grade tar!

I started attacking it with the paint killer and now it looks worse :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20200814_174528.thumb.jpg.95a9d0b68fe1ad85e9d7a4613801f619.jpg

• Like 1

Fitting some wheel wideners tomorrow, but had a run with these and they’ve got this fantastic gyroscopic effect when spinning at high speed, you can hit a jump at a funny angle fast and car doesn’t move around as much.

1F6CEA55-BD3A-4FA6-8593-0950A7F005CA.thumb.jpeg.9113ef9435f81a15718053fbb7f37800.jpeg

5 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Nice, what's your plans?

I just ordered some new MF01X "A" parts as I'm fairly sure that's all that stands between me and a whole new build!

PS you shouldn't be posting pictures of your Mini Chopper on the internet @Wetman, this is a family site.

:lol:

:D. As for plans i dont know yet. Build it then see what colour scheme. I am tinkering with the idea of doing it either ps46 pearlescent purple/green or the ps -47 champagne/gold pearlescent

Postman brought me -

* Suspension balls as one of the plastic originals keep popping out of the lower suspension arms on my TT02

* 2 servo savers for my Clod, broke a cheap servo so though would invest in a better grade servo and servo savers

* 4 cheap shocks for the clod. Bought four several months ago from eBay that were suprisingly good. Decided to double up and use eight shocks but original seller had none. Scoured the internet trying to find identical versions but could not find. Eventually found some on AliExpress, but when the turned up they did not look like the pictures 😦 so back they go. Anyone had any experience returning to AliExpress?

IMG_20200815_073327.jpg

This will be my second tamiya build, still need to find some other hopups and electrics. I think i hear my wallet screaming XD.

20200815_2022461.jpg

20200815_2023191.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hobbywing 10BL120 esc, acer ceramic diff balls, kimbrough servo saver & rc screwz avante hex set for my avante black special build. Just waiting on a Protek high speed servo from amain and i will start the build. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 6:57 AM, Wetman said:

My Merc came!! And even better a pack of Moams!! 

IMG_20200814_144115.jpg

What's the story 'bout that trailer in the background?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

What's the story 'bout that trailer in the background?

Little man with an overactive brain and nowt else to do decided to have a try at a sort of transporter trailer to put the Wildcat on :D. If it ever gets finished i`ll put it up and give you all a look. Currently waiting on a mate running me some timber strips through his planer thicknesser to make the decking for it but I keep dragging him out fishing instead.

So far the chassis hasnt been to bad to do, its basically aluminium angle strips from the local DIY shed and some plasticard (surprise surprise!!)

A good day! Wheel drum swap-o-rama from @ChrisRx718 (cheers!), new TT02 servo mounts and TC dampers from RCJaz, and some lovely fibrelyte parts for my TT02s and M-03 Mini

IMG_6892.thumb.jpeg.4543dbaee41e990431eb22a138184726.jpeg

• Like 2

Anyone ever used the CRP body buttons and Kydex mounts for the Clod Buster?

8boK6uM.jpg

6W54qsM.jpg

8 hours ago, Juhunio said:

A good day! Wheel drum swap-o-rama from @ChrisRx718 (cheers!)

Likewise; got home from work to find the other half of the trade waiting for me. Thanks again - got me out of a hole! :lol:

• Like 1

I just received a TB04R with a matching Audi R8 LM body set in the post this morning. It was a birthday gift from a friend. I know that it sounds like something I'd tell the wife, but it's actually TRUE :lol:. I have good friends. Any advice as far as necessary hop-ups, or is it good out of the box?

Screenshot_20200818-183413.jpg

• Like 9

My M01 (but I changed it straight away to an M02) turned up from the States today.

Bit of a mixed bag, it has a lot of the hop ups:

*Bearings

*Steering turnbuckle

*Racing Steering Set

*Low Friction Alloy Damper set

*Stabilizer set

*Quick Release Battery Mount

*M-chassis Motor Heatsink

*TA03 Ball Diff

*Lightweight kingpin set

*M-chassis universal set

There are some down sides (for me, moot point though):

Lots of non standard hardware,

It's a 225mm, so am looking for a 210mm or 239mm extension piece. Also want to replace this piece as it looks to have had a massive slam in the front and the 225mm piece is twisted, making the front axle out.

It has a drive cup instead of a 'dead front axle on one side 😄

Two of the kingpins are missing? and the holes where they were is stripped, so need new uprights.

Ball Diff is toast. Never had a ball diff this notchy before. I am struggling to undo it also.

Oh well, still pretty happy. Will be real nice when sorted 🙂 

I am thinking of either going with the Volkswagen beetle, or Fiat Abarth Corsa with this one. 

3RT0Bk6.jpg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I just received a TB04R with a matching Audi R8 LM body set in the post this morning. It was a birthday gift from a friend. I know that it sounds like something I'd tell the wife, but it's actually TRUE :lol:. I have good friends. Any advice as far as necessary hop-ups, or is it good out of the box?

Screenshot_20200818-183413.jpg

Is your friend about 3" x 2" and very flexible? I think he's my friend too! 

• Haha 4

On 8/15/2020 at 2:43 PM, Morinstal said:

This will be my second tamiya build, still need to find some other hopups and electrics. I think i hear my wallet screaming XD.

20200815_2022461.jpg

20200815_2023191.jpg

Give us a build thread on this curiosity please!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

seriously!  i want to be his friend too.  thats 6 or 700 dollars in goodies in canada lol

6 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

I'm not surprised that this is hard for you to believe. This friend is in fact a person :).

A very generous person no doubt lol.

My first vintage (but NIB) purchase arrived at my forwarding address, and the shipper sent the following pic which I could only describe as a teaser image. Can anyone guess what it is? I'm SUPER excited about this one, and so happy I was able to find a NIB example, considering its age:

163326614-4d7c0314752e4c37a8b6cac554064e

It should be with me in 10 days or so, where I'll give everyone a better look.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

My first vintage (but NIB) purchase arrived at my forwarding address, and the shipper sent the following pic which I could only describe as a teaser image. Can anyone guess what it is? I'm SUPER excited about this one, and so happy I was able to find a NIB example, considering its age:

163326614-4d7c0314752e4c37a8b6cac554064e

It should be with me in 10 days or so, where I'll give everyone a better look.

Boxster M Chassis?

• Like 1