backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

58517: Super Hotshot 2012 from Wandy showroom, Super Hotshot is nice.  'Mega' Hotshot will be even better. - Tamiya RC & Radio Control Cars

Looked everywhere for one.  None to be had at a reasonable price.  Finally found one at the Zoom Room Hobby store in Ontario, CA.  Really good price + shipping with the favorable conversion from CAD to USD.  $314 USD shipped.  Gonna let it marinate until maybe this fall/winter when I'm REALLY bored.

• Like 10

I've been tracking 2 rcmart orders and one turned up today, but it was the one from ages ago i had forgotten about. Bearings to restock supplies and spare arms, c hubs and rear hubs for the TA07. I was hoping it was the SkyRC TS120 which I need for Sunday, that isn't looking like it will arrive in time so my sons HB D413 can have a 21.5T motor for the practice day as I can't be bothered soldering up a new motor, will just swap an ESC/motor from another car in.

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I've been tracking 2 rcmart orders and one turned up today, but it was the one from ages ago i had forgotten about. Bearings to restock supplies and spare arms, c hubs and rear hubs for the TA07. I was hoping it was the SkyRC TS120 which I need for Sunday, that isn't looking like it will arrive in time so my sons HB D413 can have a 21.5T motor for the practice day as I can't be bothered soldering up a new motor, will just swap an ESC/motor from another car in.

What are the delivery times like from rcmart at the moment?  I keep thinking of ordering a few things but I've heard they can be quite slow now.  RCJaz shipping seems really expensive at the moment too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blista said:

What are the delivery times like from rcmart at the moment?  I keep thinking of ordering a few things but I've heard they can be quite slow now.  RCJaz shipping seems really expensive at the moment too.

Shipping using the SF Express (cheap) service is slow, about a month. Fedex is amazing (4 - 5 dats) but really expensive. I have a few hopups i added to justify shipping costs. 

My last order from rcjaz started out at the cheap shipping and they emailed and asked if i was prepared to wait ages or wanted to pay an extra $16 and upgrade shipping to fedex. Somehow a total shipping cost of $30 isn't so bad when you pay in instalments

• Like 1

I bought some blue oil shocks from the bay. 

They were cheap, and will hopefully do a job. 

5 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Shipping using the SF Express (cheap) service is slow, about a month. Fedex is amazing (4 - 5 dats) but really expensive. I have a few hopups i added to justify shipping costs. 

My last order from rcjaz started out at the cheap shipping and they emailed and asked if i was prepared to wait ages or wanted to pay an extra $16 and upgrade shipping to fedex. Somehow a total shipping cost of $30 isn't so bad when you pay in instalments

The base shipping cost seems reasonable but if you add more money it goes faster.  You know what they've done?  They invented hop-up shipping.  :lol:

• Haha 2

I made my last order from RCMart a big one and had Fed Ex shipping. Even taking into account customs charges it was cheaper than sourcing parts from around Europe.

I put an order in with Modelsport on Wednesday. Delivery on all the in stock items to the office yesterday!

A few items to push forward with my trail rig. Some delrin sheet (not from M/sport) to make some damper mounts, shims for the axles, shoo goo to assist making some magnetic body mounts and a proper ESC for it.

52B01643-8CAE-4C17-96FD-1F54A697C18C.jpg

The remainder includes ESCs and servoes to push me towards sorting out two ORV projects that have been gestating for far too long. There’s some paint for detailing the trail rig and a some bits to get me soldering.

E4766179-001A-4AF1-926D-B6D50969F13E.jpg

Hoping for a soldering iron for my birthday later this month.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

The remainder includes ESCs and servoes to push me towards sorting out two ORV projects that have been gestating for far too long. There’s some paint for detailing the trail rig and a some bits to get me soldering.

Hoping for a soldering iron for my birthday later this month.

"Gestating" - thank you for that - it's a word that doesn't get enough use in my mind - you've made my Friday ;) 

Are you hinting to the whole community here or just to those related to you? :rolleyes: Either way, might I also suggest hinting for a brass wool scrubber tool to go with the soldering iron too? @Mad Ax suggested it to me and it's changed my life :P

• Haha 2

It’s a shame you can’t load multiple reaction smileys @jonboy1!

Mrs BC had actually suggested an iron a few months back but she’s rubbish at organising presents (by her own admission) so I’ve asked my Mum!

Thanks for the tip on the scrubber! This soldering lark is totally new to me.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Mrs BC had actually suggested an iron a few months back but she’s rubbish at organising presents (by her own admission) so I’ve asked my Mum!

Thanks for the tip on the scrubber! This soldering lark is totally new to me.

Are you sure she didn't have in mind a steam iron? You know how these women love their laundry duties :P If you end up with something from Tefal don't say we didn't warn you! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jonboy1 said:

Are you sure she didn't have in mind a steam iron? You know how these women love their laundry duties :P If you end up with something from Tefal don't say we didn't warn you! 

Mrs BC has a 'non-iron' policy so I'm safe there! And I sent a link to the soldering iron to my Mum so she's under no illusions!!!

Oh, and Mrs BC's job is safe for the mo so I felt safe to splurge!

• Like 1

Glad to hear any wrinkles in your plan have been smoothed out 🤩

That's great news about Mrs BC's job!!!! - really happy for you both 🤗😃👍🎈🎉🧥👔👕👖👗👘👚🚈 (yes I know it's a train but it's as close as we've got to an iron emoji!)

• Haha 1

Just a small one today.

M3 grub screws. 50 for £3.59. Less than Tamiya charge for 10 and I find them less prone to stripping than the tamiya ones too.

HKoZF2r.jpg

gF6LFw4.jpg

• Like 3

so a good day today, foolishly sold my beloved cat 2000 a few months ago, and after striking a deal to buy it back, today she arrived!

IMG_4337.jpg

• Like 5

On 9/12/2020 at 8:13 PM, nowinaminute said:

Just a small one today.

M3 grub screws. 50 for £3.59. Less than Tamiya charge for 10 and I find them less prone to stripping than the tamiya ones too.

HKoZF2r.jpg

Did you take some out? Because there's no more than 36 or 37 in that bag you're holding.

• Haha 1

I found some old IMEX Puller Dawg tyres for £10 on ebay so took a punt.

Ironically, the rubber is soft and free of rot but some of the bead is split off on 2 of them, looks like they were glued to different rims at some point and torn off :(

On the plus side, they seem to still be usuable, especially at the modest speeds this truck goes! I might have a go at repairing them with some glue and old inner tube at some point they held up to a 30 min drive even in the shape they are in so I can't grumble for £10. And also, they aren't glued to these white rims so at least I can go ahead and put them on some more period looking wheels.

ChPukRT.jpg

A thing of great beauty. If Carlsberg did packaging... :wub:

IMG_7567.thumb.jpeg.bd6e0b37b90cfaee9a4800037bba0c50.jpeg

IMG_7566.thumb.jpeg.1a39950b5236f0cf224d3959bb22404a.jpeg

And some cones for @TurnipJF's "Going Postal" challenge :D

IMG_7568.thumb.jpeg.0a8cea84502cefbfd7962ca966f526ea.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Juhunio said:

A thing of great beauty. If Carlsberg did packaging... :wub:

IMG_7566.thumb.jpeg.1a39950b5236f0cf224d3959bb22404a.jpeg

Just look at that beautifull inner package  .. so nice.  

• Like 1

This is to replace the swift body on my M05, Just need to get the correct wheels now. Thanks to Tony's Tamiya Parts 😎

wurlJsP.jpg

• Like 3

I felt like painting up a Scorcher body back around April time, so I ordered one and  arrived today 😄

FE8E481B-6AF7-4A87-8AA8-C11A631481EA.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I felt like painting up a Scorcher body back around April time, so I ordered one and  arrived today 😄

FE8E481B-6AF7-4A87-8AA8-C11A631481EA.jpg

I love the fact this set comes in a box with a mono illustration on it; there's something comfortingly old-school, and environmentally responsible about it. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

I love the fact this set comes in a box with a mono illustration on it; there's something comfortingly old-school, and environmentally responsible about it. 

They are nice, I have a Buggy Champ box to, it would be great to have 4 or 6 different ones and frame them up. 

• Like 1