backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Today's arrival, a nice shiny new front bumper for my Thundershot:

2020-09-17_09-44-39

When I did the restomod on mine, I was able to replace or refurbish all of the parts to my satisfaction, with the exception of the bumper which was too worn for successful refurbishment and too expensive for replacement. I did what I could with it, but it remained the only somewhat tatty part on an otherwise pristine car.

However since the Terra Scorcher re-release, the part is once again available at a decent price, so now my Thundershot will be exactly how I want it to be. 😀

• Like 4

I've been tempted by these for a while, but never enough to pull the trigger. then they did one of my favourite bodies and then RCMart put a deal on and I could resist no longer

IMG-1667.jpg

Not a clue where it'll get run, as we don't have the space and I doubt it'll cope with 5 and 3 year olds driving it.

but still very prett, which make me slightly concerned that they could be addictive...

• Like 8

another cat 2000 courtesy of grizy! originally wanted as parts for my runner, but is far too nice to break, so looks like another addition to the fleet!

IMG_4378.jpg

• Like 3

NIB M02! I'm very excited about this one. It's my first vintage (discontinued) crush. I've even stocked up on a few hopups for it! :D

IMG-20200918-173122.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Finally went brushless! Bought a Goolrc 4370kv brushless motor & a 45A esc, put it in my mad bull but it doesn't want to move without a push start, it didn't come with a program card is that the problem or is it a dud? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

I've been tempted by these for a while, but never enough to pull the trigger. then they did one of my favourite bodies and then RCMart put a deal on and I could resist no longer

IMG-1667.jpg

Not a clue where it'll get run, as we don't have the space and I doubt it'll cope with 5 and 3 year olds driving it.

but still very prett, which make me slightly concerned that they could be addictive...

The red hook in the grill is no good signe ... :lol:

4 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

NIB M02! I'm very excited about this one. It's my first vintage (discontinued) crush. I've even stocked up on a few hopups for it! :D

IMG-20200918-173122.jpg

I have a set of the wheels that came on this and the 911 Carrera. Like Porsche "twists", they look great on any of my Porsches. Sadly, you'll have to take my word for it as I have no pictures :lol:

6 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

IMG-20200918-173122.jpg

Nice👍 what's the hop up plan? 

39 minutes ago, svenb said:

Nice👍 what's the hop up plan? 

Good question @svenb!

I've sourced a stabilizer set, not new, but in very good condition and complete (THAT WAS NOT EASY).

I have CVA's from my TT02 Type-S that are left over that I may use here instead of the pogo shocks.

I found and bought a NIB aluminum steering set (stock one is slop-city)

I have full ball bearings

I bought a combination of newer CVD's that I'm going to try mixing and matching until something works.

Got the bushing set to replace most (if not all?) the step screws in the build

Got a few short ball cups and short threaded shafts/turnbuckles, to see what I can replace of the plastic upper suspension arms (not sure about how this will go until I try it)

I think I'll just use a Sport Tuned/ HW 1060 combo on this car; given I don't want to push stupid power/speed through such an old design

Last but not least, I intend to replace as many JIS screws as I can with black hex screws

Bonus tid-bit of info: I'm considering using the Boxster body/wheels on my new RWD m-chassis if there are no fitment/clearance issues ;), and arrange something more classic for this one.

• Like 3

Alfa decals for the new body I bought a couple of weeks ago.

Still have a couple of more body sets to buy for my m-chassis cars, then more hop ups. Still want to get some more of the M04 hop ups, and then start on buying M05, M06, M07, M08 hop ups.

z7zcDWG.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Good question @svenb!

I've sourced a stabilizer set, not new, but in very good condition and complete (THAT WAS NOT EASY).

I have CVA's from my TT02 Type-S that are left over that I may use here instead of the pogo shocks.

I found and bought a NIB aluminum steering set (stock one is slop-city)

I have full ball bearings

I bought a combination of newer CVD's that I'm going to try mixing and matching until something works.

Got the bushing set to replace most (if not all?) the step screws in the build

Got a few short ball cups and short threaded shafts/turnbuckles, to see what I can replace of the plastic upper suspension arms (not sure about how this will go until I try it)

I think I'll just use a Sport Tuned/ HW 1060 combo on this car; given I don't want to push stupid power/speed through such an old design

Last but not least, I intend to replace as many JIS screws as I can with black hex screws

Bonus tid-bit of info: I'm considering using the Boxster body/wheels on my new RWD m-chassis if there are no fitment/clearance issues ;), and arrange something more classic for this one.

Sounds like you've got it sorted 👍

It'd look nice with the red/pink low friction dampers or even a pair of the trf blues on, but that'd mean two spare!. 

9 hours ago, berman said:

Still have a couple of more body sets to buy for my m-chassis cars, then more hop ups. Still want to get some more of the M04 hop ups, 

There's a surprising amount of hop ups that fit the M04, I think I've got 36 tamiya hop ups on mine. 

Edit; just looked at it in my showroom and it's got 41😲

19 minutes ago, svenb said:

There's a surprising amount of hop ups that fit the M04, I think I've got 36 tamiya hop ups on mine. 

36?! That deserves a list!

I have managed a 3rd part chassis brace, heatsink, stabiliser set. I suppose I should look on the back of a manual....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

36?! That deserves a list!

I have managed a 3rd part chassis brace, heatsink, stabiliser set. I suppose I should look on the back of a manual....

Few on the back but loads more besides. 

I'll do a list later😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, svenb said:

Edit; just looked at it in my showroom and it's got 41😲

Wow. Unfortunately I am referring to Tamiya M04 only hop ups that are specific to the chassis, no 3rd party parts and no generic parts like aluminum hex adapters and coloured wheel nuts etc.

Would also be interested to see your list, regardless 🙂

1 hour ago, berman said:

Wow. Unfortunately I am referring to Tamiya M04 only hop ups that are specific to the chassis, no 3rd party parts and no generic parts like aluminum hex adapters and coloured wheel nuts etc.

Would also be interested to see your list, regardless 🙂

Nothing non tamiya on mine at all 😉 

• Like 1

Postie dropped this off today just need the s type now to complete the range! This one is going in the topforce! 

20200919_144158.jpg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, JYCM3 said:

Terra Scorcher arrived! Thanks Tamico!

FC1BF562-C9C3-439D-9ED6-D109D98514C2.jpeg.aba35849a4cb3bb2ecee7c5b5ed35ec6.jpeg

Them tamico boxes are so good! I love when they turn up my last one was my avante black special good price aswell I just hope we can still get the same deals (and when everything is sold out here tamico always for me comes up trump's) after 31 December....I fear not unfortunately?

• Like 1

Arrived from the USA yesterday, a very old and rare Team CRP 1650 A-Arm Stabiliser from the late 1980’s, for the Hotshot and others. I bought this off eBay a few weeks ago, very rare to see these come up. A tatty pack, but parts are A1. This is for my Super Hotshot build. Extract from the 1987 Team CRP catalogue listing this part is also pictured.

3DD66794-262D-4FB2-A11B-72581FBDABFF.jpeg

0AE66D0B-56D0-4CB1-9A09-4EAD5B89C186.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 7:42 AM, DeadMeat666 said:

IMG-20200918-173122.jpg

NICE SCORE!!! 👌👍👍 

Definitely looking forward to the play-by-play on this Gem. 

Selfish motive as well. I do eventually want a M01 - M08 (M09??) Full line Collection! 😊  Seeing it apart will be invaluable.