backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

On 9/22/2020 at 3:15 PM, Mirrorman said:

Post man brought this.  The XR311 kit re-released a few years ago.

Very happy , I thought that I'd waited too long and had missed out on this one.  

I

001.JPG

004.JPG

I really rather fancy one of these. Thanks for reminding me:angry:

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, toyolien said:

@TurnipJF I'll let the cat out of the bag. It's an M....0....7....R.

Just waiting in a couple of bits from rcmart then I'll do a build 👌

20200919_215051.jpg

any body plans?

M07 arrived today, courtesy of RCJaz

28881D48-D75F-432D-BF0A-C35EF63A8D0B.jpg

I plumped for the base model, though the M07R was tempting. I already had the dampers from a previous eBay excursion, so I went for the value end. It’ll never see track use I expect, but is there any hopup I’m going to miss?

Not decided on a motor yet, I’ve a torque tuned that might go in it, or some sensor less brushless. 

First things first, I need to finish off the Demio body I’ve started. Then the build can begin!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

I plumped for the base model, though the M07R was tempting. I already had the dampers from a previous eBay excursion, so I went for the value end. It’ll never see track use I expect, but is there any hopup I’m going to miss?

You may need the carbon shock towers that are low enough to allow for the use of the TRF short dampers. They come in two sizes: standard and TRF (short)

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, svenb said:

Oops I forgot 🙄

I'll do it tonight 

53008 850 bearings

53030 1150 bearings

5400 M chassis Damper

54044 titanium piston rods

53876 Alu damper retainers 

49308 damper top end

49310 Alu spring retainers

54183 reinforced wheel axles 

53382 stabilizer set

53389 Heat sink

54120 Alu servo horn

53823 Alu wheel clamp 

53390 hollow carbon gear shaft

54213 titanium suspension shafts 

54212 titanium suspension shafts 

49443 Alu servo stays 

54249 3x32mm Alu turnbuckles

54489 low friction adjusters 

53601 low friction adjusters 

54577 hard coated pinion

53907 5x8mm Alu hex ball connectors 

53642 5mm ball connectors 

53222 m chassis super slicks 

53223 m chassis tire inserts

53448 4mm hard lock nut & spacer set

49442 Alu rear uprights 

53346 quick release battery holder

53267 TA03 ball diff

53219 Alu pressure plate set 

53124 3mm tungsten diff ball set

53217 hard joint cup set

53681 titanium wheel axles 

54410 30mm Alu swing shafts

53500 Cross joint for universal shafts 

54177 Alu front uprights 

54227 m chassis reinforced gear set

Titanium screws 

Titanium step screws 3x10mm

53272 dyna run racing stock motor 

45015 CPR-160f 

1400sp battery 

Think that's it

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

any body plans?

Yep. All will be revealed in the build thread :o)

4 hours ago, Busdriver said:

I really rather fancy one of these. Thanks for reminding me:angry:

Sorry mate - LOL :lol:

22 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

Not decided on a motor yet, I’ve a torque tuned that might go in it, or some sensor less brushless. 

First things first, I need to finish off the Demio body I’ve started. Then the build can begin!

You'll need a motor plate heatsink if you use a brushed motor.

I have a spare set of carbon shock towers (54790) that Deadmeat666 mentioned.  Cover shipping and it's all yours. I like to see 'em put to good use.

IMG_4658.JPG

• Like 1

The LapMonitor arrived, haven't had a chance to test it yet but will post a review next week after we have had a chance to play with it at the weekend. Biggest issue will be fitting transponders to all the thundershots, will probably have to make some brackets.

It uses IR so not expecting it to be as accurate as MyLaps but this was only £200 including the 3 transponders, MyLaps would be £3000! 

Hopefully this will stop most of the arguments between the kids over cheating with regards not pressing buttons on the current android app we use..... and will give much more accurate timing for testing various setups on our track.

lapmonitor.jpg

• Like 2

Rims! Hurrah!

Black reinforced rims to finish off my Mini restorabuild, and FINALLY some silver rims that actually fit the Monster Beetle Black Special (using 15mm hex extenders on the rear / bearing hex hubs and 5mm aluminium standoffs on the front). 

IMG_7655.thumb.jpeg.a97dde32695df80e2af0eab1d1f3db4f.jpeg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, mud4fun said:

The LapMonitor arrived, haven't had a chance to test it yet but will post a review next week after we have had a chance to play with it at the weekend. Biggest issue will be fitting transponders to all the thundershots, will probably have to make some brackets.

It uses IR so not expecting it to be as accurate as MyLaps but this was only £200 including the 3 transponders, MyLaps would be £3000! 

Hopefully this will stop most of the arguments between the kids over cheating with regards not pressing buttons on the current android app we use..... and will give much more accurate timing for testing various setups on our track.

lapmonitor.jpg

@mud4fun Where did you get this from? I'd be interested to here your thoughts on it. Where does it save the data and does it connect to a pc???

1 hour ago, toyolien said:

@mud4fun Where did you get this from? I'd be interested to here your thoughts on it. Where does it save the data and does it connect to a pc???

I got it from LapMonitor website, it is a french company so there is not alot written up about this on the web (in English), however there are a few youtube videos of it in action if you search up LapMonitor.

The website products page is here: https://lapmonitor.com/store/en/12-lap-timer

I bought the Training Kit JR plus two additional transponders, worked out roughly £200 including postage to UK after conversion from Euro currency.

It uses bluetooth to talk to an Android app in our case (think they do apple one too) which looks simple and easy to use. Yes, you can download all the race or practise data to a file to use on your PC as far as I know.

I will get it setup over the weekend and we have three cars to race together to test it so I will report back.

• Like 1

My Yeah Racing alloy hubs (for Avante2001 & Vanquish rebuilds) finally arrived!!!!

All credit to RCMart, they took just two days to get from Hong Kong to UK, sadly HRMC and Royal Mail then managed to take 10 days to get them from Coventry to Hull..... negating the point of me paying for express delivery. 

Oh well, the alloy hubs and new front UJ driveshafts fitted nicely and my Avante2001 rebuild is nearly complete, it hopefully will now be durable enough to actually use in anger on our race track hurrah :-)

avante2001_newhubs (1).jpg

It was my birthday yesterday but one of my presents was delayed until today

DSC_0092.jpg

Now I can sort tools from materials and put some of my most used stuff like body clips in the top. I hope my new soldering iron fits inside...

• Like 2

Found this in the mailbox today.

A stick transmitter for my old-school self, five FlySky receivers for my more pragmatic self, along with little bits and some sensor cables.

Time to fit the new receivers into the cars!

20200927-144258.jpg

• Like 3

Well.... look what the nice postman showed up with today. Not one, not two, but THREE boxes: 2 little and 1 big.

Here are the contents of the 2 little ones:

IMG-20200928-000944.jpg

The astute observer will quite easily notice there's a BELT there. But wait a minute! I don't have any belt-drive cars! Hmmm......

Well, @Nicadraus, all I can say is: Darn you all to LONG DAMPER SPEC! :lol:

IMG-20200927-235939.jpg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Well.... look what the nice postman showed up with today. Not one, not two, but THREE boxes: 2 little and 1 big.

Here are the contents of the 2 little ones:

IMG-20200928-000944.jpg

The astute observer will quite easily notice there's a BELT there. But wait a minute! I don't have any belt-drive cars! Hmmm......

Well, @Nicadraus, all I can say is: Darn you all to LONG DAMPER SPEC! :lol:

IMG-20200927-235939.jpg

Congrats!

I also ordered that YR 55mm damper and I'll be using it for my FF-01. Looks very close to a TRF and since I already have two sets of YR dampers, I know that one will be a good too. :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Congrats!

I also ordered that YR 55mm damper and I'll be using it for my FF-01. Looks very close to a TRF and since I already have two sets of YR dampers, I know that one will be a good too. :)

The YR damper set is for my M02 build actually. That will leave me with 2 dampers spare, which is unfortunate, because I'm not planning on getting an M01 :lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ferruz said:

Found this in the mailbox today.

A stick transmitter for my old-school self, five FlySky receivers for my more pragmatic self, along with little bits and some sensor cables.

Time to fit the new receivers into the cars!

20200927-144258.jpg

You got the 2HR!!

@rwordenjr yes, but in the meantime I had to get a gun transmitter too. Now I can finally drive all the cars with a single remote, but I'll probably use the Futaba for my next build, the Terra Scorcher. I'll let you know how it is. Despite the questionsble looks, it feels pretty solid out of the box :D And the two servos it comes with are welcome, too.

9 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

@rwordenjr yes, but in the meantime I had to get a gun transmitter too. Now I can finally drive all the cars with a single remote, but I'll probably use the Futaba for my next build, the Terra Scorcher. I'll let you know how it is. Despite the questionsble looks, it feels pretty solid out of the box :D And the two servos it comes with are welcome, too.

It’s very solid, just used mine today !