backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

13 hours ago, Blista said:

I decided I couldn't sell my M07 so I got it a new motor and I didn't want to ruin a pair of S-Grips running around the road outside so I got some basic radials too.  The spare inner foam is for the XV01 but mostly because only buying two things feels odd.

wyuSIJu.jpg

I saw a guy on fb asking for a servo horn and adjusters for a M07, thought maybe he bought yours, glad you kept it 😎 I might be waiting until November for mine from distributor.

54 minutes ago, Wez-li said:

Flysky GT5 to replace my 27mhz stuffScreenshot_20200930_194604.thumb.jpg.b97586d37eeba9c044108ed202ae5a85.jpg

Cool. Do those trim knobs press in?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, berman said:

I saw a guy on fb asking for a servo horn and adjusters for a M07, thought maybe he bought yours, glad you kept it 😎 I might be waiting until November for mine from distributor.

Yeah, getting a little CRX was half the reason I got back into Tamiyas so I just couldn't do it.

There's someone selling an assembled but not run M07R on TradeMe if you're not wanting to wait.  Even comes with a CRX body.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Wez-li said:

Flysky GT5 to replace my 27mhz stuff

Snap! Mine arrived this afternoon too:

F73E2C79-1D39-4747-A736-B9FB052396A6.thumb.jpeg.4761c3e200815f18dfd7b6b19ac6fb5b.jpeg

I immediately modified mine with a Yeah Racing fancy wheel:

F46DA72F-AEB6-4E9C-A0EA-00B7134430DE.thumb.jpeg.c1cb492f41d08347b49e7bfe72633eed.jpeg

Absolute doddle to install, took about 3 minutes:

E587148F-207A-4198-96C8-D990EE6A8FC5.thumb.jpeg.2fdf13aa5e3d4b94c6a45b2fdd6ac9ae.jpeg

Much better! 

• Like 2

I’ve condensed a bunch of stuff in to one post here

Got me some tlt-1 dampers c/o @MadInventor PLUS a James (!) ULTRA 7050 so I stripped the shocks down for a bath. 

50404299628_63789c8cb2_b.jpg

50405008366_96c0619c9f_b.jpg

got some new internal circlips on the bay for the reassembly, might put new Oh rings but tbh these look alright.

• Like 3

...make that 2 or 3 posts...

a BIG thank you to @Frog Jumper for ordering these from Tamiya USA and sending on, TC is an awesome place because of the people

50405100856_e865e50d81_b.jpg

• Like 7

then I scored a tlt-1 :D

50405303577_a012e179eb_b.jpg

1st look & this in really good shape, no scrapes to the undercarriage. Good condition apart from the body was painted with TS not PS so the whole things covered in flakey blue & yellow paint. 

I’m going to LOVE stripping cleaning and rebuilding this gem.

• Like 8

Well that didn't take long.  Cant start till i finish my set of shifts. Oh only 1 more day to wait then :D

20201001_195114_resized.thumb.jpg.be5fdf79bb1a744605efe77daa3fc79c.jpg

• Like 15

No pictures YET, but after 4 years, my TT-02 Chassis FINALLY has a Body!!!! 😁😊😁😊💯  Mustang GT4, which is absolutely BADDARSE!!  With front and rear light buckets and NO Pre-Drilled Holes - so I can do a proper Scale look!! 😊 

Anyone interested in following along..... 

• Like 3

Well priced, and from a local hobby shop,  this Schumacher TOP CAT has arrived on the door step today.  

I do get the feeling I may have "bitten off much more than I can chew"  with this one though.   May just peer into the box sometimes , and leave the building for a while.  

TopCat_004.JPG

TopCat_005.JPG

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I Raced against Schumachers back in the 80's and 90's..... Fine Buggy, Pro Level. It WILL be a challenge to build, but worth it!!

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 11:35 AM, Blista said:

Yeah, getting a little CRX was half the reason I got back into Tamiyas so I just couldn't do it.

There's someone selling an assembled but not run M07R on TradeMe if you're not wanting to wait.  Even comes with a CRX body.

Now that I have one, I can see the addiction... I love my little CRX, I had it on the table and just looked at it last night :wub:

No, as much as I would like to, #1 I want to build it (huge part of the fun for me), and #2 I have already ordered one through my LHS (he has ordered one for the shop also). I can tie myself over with my other 7 until it arrives 😉

I also took in my m-chassis 'wish list' (read: piece of paper with every m-chassis hop up I want) in there after work and told him I want to order some more stuff off my list. I got busy talking to a customer and he went through it and ordered everything on the list that was in stock...

So I am going to be broke next week! 😂

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Seanster43 said:

A couple wee bits for one of the TB-01’s

A0C7B667-FAC4-40AC-97AC-E2D2F02CA78A.jpeg

Has @TwistedxSlayer invited you into his exclusive TB club yet? 

• Haha 3

@svenb

Sent me a lovely set of TA05MS shocks with titanium shafts and some antiroll bar 4mm ball connectors and  @ThunderDragonCy
sent me a cool looking alloy battery retaining bar.

All will be going on my Evo 4 build

Thank you to you both.

• Like 4

On 9/30/2020 at 1:17 PM, Seanster43 said:

Yeah got a mint one that I didn’t want to run, so now I can have a basher and spare bits! 

have you managed to run one as yet??

16 minutes ago, catman79 said:

have you managed to run one as yet??

This is my runner, the carbon chassis one will be a runner too 👍🏻

8A85EC18-655B-428E-859C-541FF941D0F4.jpeg

• Like 1

Got a deal on a Hornet 🐝,  it just arrived today ( while I was out playing with my King Yellow,  in fact ).

Original mechanical speed control and a Period Kyosho Lemans 600E motor installed. It doesn’t have bearings in the front wheels, so I assume the transmission is also sporting bushings . 
the rear tires are a little worn, the body is painted on the outside ( with decals peeling the Paint off) and the axle springs are missing.

Id like to wait until my ball bearings ( or ball races as our U.K. mates say) before I start the trans tear down. The rest of the disassembly will start tonight.

i have a couple of Questions for the initialed.

1) Does anyone hav want tips for sanding the outside of the body clear, or should I just get a new one ? 
2) Since my springs are already missing, should I get the Ampro trans brace, or just do a 3rd shock mod? 

2EDC6406-917E-4E7A-A5FC-F66612559DF8.jpeg

7EB7D8CF-3DC6-47FD-A1FE-89A55E1FA6C8.jpeg

214F4D9F-B44F-4664-9501-2AB762931E31.jpeg

41FE62FE-8BAB-4687-BF86-50ACF279EBC5.jpeg

09D6A45C-FC36-4A2D-A243-01B445DDE616.jpeg

EE7DE73D-0000-4282-A578-B66C255BB462.jpeg

• Like 6

Today THIS arrived from Hong Kong!!! 20201002_131319-1.thumb.jpg.8675c6b390a1e25962070d34785266f1.jpg

My TT-02 Will finally get TIGHT steering! 😊💯  AND a little bonus Blue Blingage!!  The sender doesn't want the fuss over him - but THANK YOU!!! You know who you are. 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dakratfink said:

1) Does anyone hav want tips for sanding the outside of the body clear, or should I just get a new one ? 
2) Since my springs are already missing, should I get the Ampro trans brace, or just do a 3rd shock mod? 

I am i no way a purist sk would say yes to both of those. You could get some tamiya polycarbonate paint remover (or revell in europe) but it needs a lot of remover and a lot more elbow grease to do a whole shell (a badword of a lot) For a runner id get a new rere shell if you want it to look like a  boxart hornet.

Ive also got tje ampro brace on mine - definitely can recommend it. Esp if your springs are already missing.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

I am i no way a purist sk would say yes to both of those. You could get some tamiya polycarbonate paint remover (or revell in europe) but it needs a lot of remover and a lot more elbow grease to do a whole shell (a badword of a lot) For a runner id get a new rere shell if you want it to look like a  boxart hornet.

Ive also got tje ampro brace on mine - definitely can recommend it. Esp if your springs are already missing.

I might not necessarily go with a box art Hornet. I was actually thinking about a tribute to box art but with masked pink and blue stripes instead of the box art decals 

@DakratfinkThat Hornet looks like a fun project.  You can try getting the old paint off with anti-septic liquid (Dettol).

I've never tried on polycarbonate , but I know it works well to get old paint off styrene and diecast.  You may find though that red colour has laft the shell slightly discoloured (red tends to have a strong pigment , that after many years can discolour the item it is painted onto) 

So I agree with Superluminal , getting a re-re body shell and starting with a fresh "canvas" may be less frustrating, and less time consuming in the long run. 

2EDC6406-917E-4E7A-A5FC-F66612559DF8.jpeg.8e7136088f053351713e6b627b1a1297.jpeg

Arrived home from a week away to 3 packages. I missed one on the doorstep which was a shame as my wife found it and made some comment about where all our money goes...lucky I had already hidden the other 2.

2 Banggood orders, replenishing wire, bullets etc and a couple of brushed ESC. These cost 1/3 to 1/2 the price of a HW1060, I need 4 so worth a shot. The Surpass Hobby unit looks really good at first glance so that may be a winner. Even came with instructions!

The other was from rcmart and has the alloy suspension blocks for the FF04. 3 Yeah Racing as they have them for a few dollars each right now, and had to get a Tamiya one to get the right toe in on the rear, which cost twice what the others cost combined. Also some spare hub carriers, the FF04 uses the old TA05 style hub carriers but the rest of the suspension is TRF418, I have loads of those spares as the TA07 uses them too, so if I didn't have the hub carriers guess what would break...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1