backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

16 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

Some M07 short towers, diff oil for the XV01 and then a couple of things to make the postage worthwhile...:ph34r:

IMG_1750.jpg

Surprisingly small box all things considered.

JEALOUS!!!! 😲😜  I've been dying to get the new SCX10 III.

ONE THING. I got one thing today, but it brought me to tears.... 

From my Wounded Warrior buddy! 20201008_141541-1.thumb.jpg.db8572472129fa8e55ddd5b5af4b7159.jpg

Freaking GoPro!!!!! 😲😁😊😊😢  4K, Wi-Fi and a sweet Carrying Case for all its bits. 

Sometimes you just don't know how to respond. I'm going to have to do some cool FPV Video now!! 👌😉

• Like 6

Received some good items after a long shipment delay, and the Volvo packing box is the biggest and heaviest I've ever seen.

Volvo2.jpg.076225d8f0b463bc61603ec7d30a2192.jpg

Hilux2.jpg.7cec276602b33660fd54501bdfba030c.jpg

MR2.jpg.4e0cfa7b2140c33398b68d1b05bba880.jpg

• Like 21

6 hours ago, Zxkuqyb said:

Received some good items after a long shipment delay, and the Volvo packing box is the biggest and heaviest I've ever seen.

Wow! Paying for the hobby stores Christmas Holiday Getaway this year are we?! 😯 Very nice haul!

This lot just left the postie's hot little hands! Wasn't expecting a Saturday delivery! Thanks again to Tony's Tamiya Parts 😍

eOxkvco.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/8/2020 at 1:21 PM, jupitertwo said:

Some M07 short towers, diff oil for the XV01 and then a couple of things to make the postage worthwhile...:ph34r:

IMG_1750.jpg

Surprisingly small box all things considered.

It has taken all my willpower (and a blocked credit card) to not do this!

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Zxkuqyb said:

Nice to see the Big Rigs getting some love,  an updated 6x4 Globetrotter Prime mover would also be good to if Tamiya ever do one. 

• Like 2

On 2/17/2020 at 7:12 AM, Badcrumble said:

To off-set my current M05 frustration, these arrived...

EB87D965-F1F4-4F18-99BB-26CE20E4E44F.jpg

Where did you get those birthday candles?👀 Nice score, my CR-01 i'm going to be using the Old Man EMU shocks, i think?

i dig it when they give you the lil' prize with your products, i have received about four through out the years, couple times lil candies, gesture was sweet and thoughtful, but no thank you, to the round file those went. Asiatees i've gotten safety cones, silicone wire, JST connectors, battery straps, key chains, and even masks.

i never expect them to do so, but it's most friendly.

6 hours ago, ACCEL said:

Where did you get those birthday candles?👀 Nice score, my CR-01 i'm going to be using the Old Man EMU shocks, i think?

i dig it when they give you the lil' prize with your products, i have received about four through out the years, couple times lil candies, gesture was sweet and thoughtful, but no thank you, to the round file those went. Asiatees i've gotten safety cones, silicone wire, JST connectors, battery straps, key chains, and even masks.

i never expect them to do so, but it's most friendly.

They came from Plaza Japan but I don’t think they are stocking Tamiya RC for the moment. They have been restricted in the way that Banzai Hobby were a few years back. They always send a little eraser or something cute. I like packages that come wrapped in Japanese newspaper - not quite sure why??!!

• Like 1

A nib 58201 castrol Celica GT4 1997 off ebay. Have wanted a good condition one of these for such a long time - this car means a lot to me for lots of terrible nostalgic reasons although im still not convinced by the TL01 chassis.

It was a reasonable price but sadly quite a bit more than the £54.99 Beatties sticker on it. What a cracking deal that would have been.

20201010_130148.jpg

• Like 4

All the M chassis chatter has been really interesting and although I would like to have bought an M07 and M08 I really can’t justify it at the moment, so I bought a built unrun M06 last weekend which arrived yesterday. 

It came with an ESC and motor, spare set of wheels and a fairly poor paint job for £84 delivered, so still quite a bit less than a NIB kit and since I have bought a body for it already it works out well in my mind 😊

The RX-7 body shell is surprisingly nice as a 1/10 and as it isn’t worth selling it on I will remove any peeling stickers and add some racing style decals to cover the paint blemishes and it can look more like a track car. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 10

13 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Japanese newspaper - not quite sure why

I've kept  whole sheets, They're writings are purely artful.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2020 at 11:47 PM, ACCEL said:

I have full sheets and pages, they're writing is artful

me too - it really makes the packages feel special and exotic. I love their script too - absolutely beautiful!

• Like 2

These came today, ready to finish of the Yaris, needs a little tidying up round the wheel arches!

DSC_2732.thumb.JPG.1879074a681dc99c31535c18a9f68973.JPG

On 10/9/2020 at 5:05 PM, Zxkuqyb said:

Hilux2.jpg.7cec276602b33660fd54501bdfba030c.jpg

MR2.jpg.4e0cfa7b2140c33398b68d1b05bba880.jpg

Need to re-name this the green with envy thread.. I’m happy for you... honest :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Postie had to leave his moped behind and do his rounds in the van today. 

Teenage Truck nut me has just Space Hoppered into orbit with excitement while the more reserved older mature present day me is perusing the vast selection of bits, pieces and the instruction manual with a cuppa and a Hobnob biscuit 😃

This is one of my top 3 Tamiya bucket list builds. Happy days.

7E634BB0-E1C8-4B7A-AFE9-FFDECD08F413.jpg

Various masking tape, couple of 55t motors, aerials, couple of receivers, bearings and some angel eye headlights. 

Unfortunately the Transmitter & Sound/light module was packed  in another box and must of got split up as it’s not arrived yet, fingers crossed for that one 😬

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

The Postie had to leave his moped behind and do his rounds in the van today. 

Teenage Truck nut me has just Space Hoppered into orbit with excitement while the more reserved older mature present day me is perusing the vast selection of bits, pieces and the instruction manual with a cuppa and a Hobnob biscuit 😃

This is one of my top 3 Tamiya bucket list builds. Happy days.

7E634BB0-E1C8-4B7A-AFE9-FFDECD08F413.jpg

Various masking tape, couple of 55t motors, aerials, couple of receivers, bearings and some angel eye headlights. 

Unfortunately the Transmitter & Sound/light module was packed  in another box and must of got split up as it’s not arrived yet, fingers crossed for that one 😬

Well done mate! The knight hauler is a nice truck, and trucks are epic builds! 😁

Reminds me, need to repaint mine soon 😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CC02 has arrived! :D

Now just waiting on the bearing kit and a load of hex screws before I can make a start... :(

• Like 2

pimp daddy Destros figure for my pimp out crawler project. Love the gold color, suit case full of cash and his leopard skin cape. Lol

Also got  some accessories switch protector and light control unit that I’m not sure how to use but got it anyways just because everything  sell out pretty fast these days.

5996E801-E317-4036-940F-FF4B77289C01.jpeg

83D80F48-F93C-4E80-B3CC-903CF41D5046.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JYCM3 said:

pimp daddy Destros figure for my pimp out crawler project. Love the gold color, suit case full of cash and his leopard skin cape. Lol

Also got  some accessories switch protector and light control unit that I’m not sure how to use but got it anyways just because everything  sell out pretty fast these days.

5996E801-E317-4036-940F-FF4B77289C01.jpeg

83D80F48-F93C-4E80-B3CC-903CF41D5046.jpeg

Ah, Destro. It was only the other day I was re-reading how he came by his name.

Screenshot_20201015-001725.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Surpass hobby pinions arrived today. Trying them out as they're cheap, 37T - 41T in 48p for NZD15 delivered from Banggood. Thats about half the price of Yeah Racing ones, so worth a go and getting the range is useful since I think my biggest is 37T. The FF04 should take the bigger ones and get close to a decent FDR. Had to throw in one of the Surpass fans too, cheap, alloy case so they don't twst and break and look so pretty. Will go on the TA07

• Like 1

Been after one of these for ages. Spotted one left at Zabawki RC in Poland so snapped it up. They also had a new Fiat 500 Body for the M05. Mmhhh...

20201015_101219.jpg

• Like 4

Everything still packed and unused (except for the shell that already has been cut out). But definitely  going to build this one!
Lj3l9pj.jpg

GQrFA57.jpg

• Like 6