backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

The last of what was in transit arrived as I was assembling some servo savers,

A pair of shiny fat stacks (one in the photo next to the top half of the Tamiya ones), a Freightliner bonnet emblem for the Knight Hauler and another SRB nudge bar.

3EA00D0D-B22B-4673-9ADA-0E6595D3094F.jpg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Busdriver said:

My free delivery of Olive Drab paint for my Sheridan arrived today courtesy of Modelsport and UPS

IMG_2183.JPG.c951fefd3235c0135b773711f5da6b2b.JPG

Along with a couple of other bits to make up the value:rolleyes:

IMG_2177.JPG.0f1345b771db507faadc6ef19e39a928.JPGIMG_2178.JPG.0c6ddaf5228e0564817d3f3d30902648.JPGIMG_2179.JPG.e98751475c253e5033370ae35c8888a6.JPGIMG_2180.JPG.93f9dca7622da0f4b246125093cecc04.JPGIMG_2181.JPG.43ef1776c1e926f98409983c9df315f1.JPGIMG_2182.JPG.ecf94f912f17e9373ab6958a451a4d31.JPG

This thing is Maahoosive and seems really well put together. As well as the Raptor are 2 x 3S lipos and a charge lead for my charger. Once I have given it a run I will give some feedback. Question is where as non Mr T?

Just realised Mrs BD didn’t hear the courier arrive!!!! Boxes safely dismantled and stored away and car mixed in with the others😇 😅 

• Haha 4

I have a funny little story to share:

I've been waiting on a particular package from L&L Models that I ordered in July. I even wrote a few not-so-nice emails to them asking where my package is. They eventually replied saying they'd sent it ages ago, and included a shipping reference. I then proceeded to give the shipper a piece of my mind as to how they could be so careless as to losing my package, and on top of that have the gall to record it as "delivered" on their systems!

I even called the guy who usually delivers my stuff from this shipper and give HIM a piece of my mind!

Then I found the package behind my fridge at home :lol:. It had been there since the 21st of September when I indeed took delivery of this package, but hadn't opened it because I knew what it was.

I then proceeded to apologize profusely to the delivery guy, the shipper, and L&L Models :D

I'll snap a pic of the contents so I'd be adding something productive to this thread later tonight.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I have a funny little story to share:

I've been waiting on a particular package from L&L Models that I ordered in July. I even wrote a few not-so-nice emails to them asking where my package is. They eventually replied saying they'd sent it ages ago, and included a shipping reference. I then proceeded to give the shipper a piece of my mind as to how they could be so careless as to losing my package, and on top of that have the gall to record it as "delivered" on their systems!

I even called the guy who usually delivers my stuff from this shipper and give HIM a piece of my mind!

Then I found the package behind my fridge at home :lol:. It had been there since the 21st of September when I indeed took delivery of this package, but hadn't opened it because I knew what it was.

I then proceeded to apologize profusely to the delivery guy, the shipper, and L&L Models :D

I'll snap a pic of the contents so I'd be adding something productive to this thread later tonight.

That is hilarious! 

You must be over 50 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

New ko propo vfs-fr2 brushed Esc 

bought this to run my 9 turn ltd edition oscar Jansen Motor 

beautiful Esc. No motor limit £69 from rc mart 

will look the business in an egress 

2A6E47A7-8B3C-4A11-AD86-2B620390B5E0.jpeg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

That is hilarious! 

You must be over 50 😂

Sadly I'm only 43, but I've been "50" since I was 20 :lol:

But in my defense, I have had over 150 deliveries in 2020 alone... so there's that lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Sadly I'm only 43, but I've been "50" since I was 20 :lol:

But in my defense, I have had over 150 deliveries in 2020 alone... so there's that lol.

150 is an impressive number and there’s still over 2 months left of 2020. 

2 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

150 is an impressive number and there’s still over 2 months left of 2020. 

188 deliveries... I just counted :lol:

Not my proudest moment lol.

1 minute ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Wow 😳 

Thanks a lot of recycling 😉

No wonder you were hiding RC stuff behind the fridge 😂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

If it is any consolation your build threads are fantastic 💥

• Thanks 2

No Tamiya, I wanted a basher car that good run on 3s.

This traxxas rustler 4x4 vxl last week, bought it and sold the esc, servo and transmitter, I allready have an esc, motor servo and my own transmitter for it.

So the rolling chassis cost me 120 euro thought this going to be a cheap basher, but the car was in very bad shape, had to replace a lot of parts, and bought a lot of hop up parts so that was 350 euro more on parts and hopups.

50495070702_f6c7cc9fcd_k.jpg

spacer.png

50512954093_84d9c8c7bd_k.jpg50513830192_5609a6cf78_k.jpg

50512952028_71bc5835ac_k.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/20/2020 at 9:20 PM, Busdriver said:

My free delivery of Olive Drab paint for my Sheridan arrived today courtesy of Modelsport and UPS

IMG_2183.JPG.c951fefd3235c0135b773711f5da6b2b.JPG

Along with a couple of other bits to make up the value:rolleyes:

IMG_2177.JPG.0f1345b771db507faadc6ef19e39a928.JPGIMG_2178.JPG.0c6ddaf5228e0564817d3f3d30902648.JPGIMG_2179.JPG.e98751475c253e5033370ae35c8888a6.JPGIMG_2180.JPG.93f9dca7622da0f4b246125093cecc04.JPGIMG_2181.JPG.43ef1776c1e926f98409983c9df315f1.JPGIMG_2182.JPG.ecf94f912f17e9373ab6958a451a4d31.JPG

This thing is Maahoosive and seems really well put together. As well as the Raptor are 2 x 3S lipos and a charge lead for my charger. Once I have given it a run I will give some feedback. Question is where as non Mr T?

Are you going to run it on 3s, if you do you have to buy some hopup parts and do some mods because if you don't your are going to break it on 3s, I have a losi rock rey that has the same drivetrain as the baja rey, it is a very nice car.

first you have to upgrade the diffcups to alloy ones from exotek or do a bigger bolt mod to the plastic diff cups, the losi bolts are to thin and brake of ,  than replace the front bulkhead with an alloy one from ssd or hot racing, the plastic losi one is flexing with 3s power and then you eating and braking your ring and pinion gear, and also buy a alloy rear third member for it, the stock plastic part flexing and do the same as the front eating and striping your ring and pinion gear.  

you can find a lot of info on other forums, I did this upgrades to my rock rey to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Red card through the door yesterday, missed international delivery. 
odd, neither my long delayed parcels nor my two tracked deliveries are showing as out for delivery...

618D6567-643A-4CE4-BDEE-05B1BAD1C9C3.jpg

RCMart delivery of the above. Forgot I’d ordered them till I opened the box, still trying to work out what the three are for. :blink:

Inserts I think are for the M07, but then @Fabia130vRS pointed out I have 55mm tires. 
Servo horn I think is for an xv01 build, inspired by @Nicadraus ‘s choices.
Shocks, well, I’m not sure. I think they might be for my Porsche 911 rally build, maybe?

All in all, perhaps on the lines of @DeadMeat666’s 188 deliveries, it’s time for a reduction on the Rc orders :rolleyes: and also a fresh project tracking mechanism. :D 

• Like 6

Last bits to complete my CC02 have arrived (CR01 carbon steel props!) thankfully as am away from Saturday and not in for a couple weeks - have been holding off on any orders from asia for a while to make sure I get back to the house before the anything arrives! 

At least it means I can start a new shopping list on Rcmart now though... :D

• Like 1

Got the XV01T bumper today.  I'm hoping all I'll need to do is fit it with a set of wheels and the Rock Socker body then I'll have the ability to do a quick change between rally car and truck on the XV01 chassis.

6SStoYj.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

Red card through the door yesterday, missed international delivery. 
odd, neither my long delayed parcels nor my two tracked deliveries are showing as out for delivery...

618D6567-643A-4CE4-BDEE-05B1BAD1C9C3.jpg

RCMart delivery of the above. Forgot I’d ordered them till I opened the box, still trying to work out what the three are for. :blink:

Inserts I think are for the M07, but then @Fabia130vRS pointed out I have 55mm tires. 
Servo horn I think is for an xv01 build, inspired by @Nicadraus ‘s choices.
Shocks, well, I’m not sure. I think they might be for my Porsche 911 rally build, maybe?

All in all, perhaps on the lines of @DeadMeat666’s 188 deliveries, it’s time for a reduction on the Rc orders :rolleyes: and also a fresh project tracking mechanism. :D 

Silly question but how easy is an order from RCMart to the UK? How long is delivery and do you get stung for charges when it comes? and more importantly is it much of a saving?

1 hour ago, Wetman said:

Silly question but how easy is an order from RCMart to the UK? How long is delivery and do you get stung for charges when it comes? and more importantly is it much of a saving?

Generally it’s very easy. Their prices are in USD and cheaper due to taxes. You need to factor in the delivery charges, as that can bring the price back to closer to the UK. 

If you want to save, you need to use the cheapest, uninsured postage (non courier), as RCMart will mark the price down and it often gets passed on by customs without inspection. If you use a courier one (expedited shipping), then you’re pretty much going to get hit with the import duties. Even then, you might find sometimes it’s cheaper.,

Delivery is the biggest gotcha. Pre COVID, it could be a 5-10 days. Right now it’s getting closer to a month, and I’ve still two packets from July that have gone awry.

So if you’re not in a hurry, and are ordering small/light, it’s a good way in my view. As you get in to kit sizes, the differences are less due to postage and the risk is higher. 

• Like 1

@Wetman I always find that the only way to make the Rcmart orders work financially is to get a lot of stuff in one go, and don't bother with things that have good availability in Europe (German and Italian stores have been my goto lately if Tony Tamiya parts is out of stock).

And really do your research as there's nothing more annoying than finding your missing a key part or that you've ordered the wrong bits - as it will be a long wait to sort, and I don't think doing returns is really viable with the shipping costs for typical stuff. 

I use a spreadsheet per model to help make sure I'm ordering the right bits now from the right places!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BuggyGuy said:

@Wetman I always find that the only way to make the Rcmart orders work financially is to get a lot of stuff in one go, and don't bother with things that have good availability in Europe (German and Italian stores have been my goto lately if Tony Tamiya parts is out of stock).

And really do your research as there's nothing more annoying than finding your missing a key part or that you've ordered the wrong bits - as it will be a long wait to sort, and I don't think doing returns is really viable with the shipping costs for typical stuff. 

I use a spreadsheet per model to help make sure I'm ordering the right bits now from the right places!

Cheers for that. Any particular Italion stores? Or Italian even

my second tamiya car in a week, this time a rather nice f1, thanks again @grizy !  can anyone tell me how to make my pictures the right way up?!?

f1.jpg.d9c4b9a957b6c8573baf9c90d759d6d2.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, catman79 said:

my second tamiya car in a week, this time a rather nice f1, thanks again @grizy !  can anyone tell me how to make my pictures the right way up?!?

f1.jpg.d9c4b9a957b6c8573baf9c90d759d6d2.jpg

if you take them on your phone you will see a arrow at the top of the screen and when you move direction the arrow should move to point in the same direction (its like that on my phone anyway and i dont know if it the same on others