backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

32 minutes ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

could you post a picture or thoughts on it once installed.

Yes but I don’t know when it’ll be, probably going to be ages due to life. Is it wrong to hope for a lockdown 

On 10/21/2020 at 1:13 PM, DeadMeat666 said:

I have a funny little story to share:

I've been waiting on a particular package from L&L Models that I ordered in July. I even wrote a few not-so-nice emails to them asking where my package is. They eventually replied saying they'd sent it ages ago, and included a shipping reference. I then proceeded to give the shipper a piece of my mind as to how they could be so careless as to losing my package, and on top of that have the gall to record it as "delivered" on their systems!

I even called the guy who usually delivers my stuff from this shipper and give HIM a piece of my mind!

Then I found the package behind my fridge at home :lol:. It had been there since the 21st of September when I indeed took delivery of this package, but hadn't opened it because I knew what it was.

I then proceeded to apologize profusely to the delivery guy, the shipper, and L&L Models :D

I'll snap a pic of the contents so I'd be adding something productive to this thread later tonight.

And (finally!), the package in question, since I did say I'd snap a pic so that everyone understands what all the fuss was about:

IMG-20201023-232937.jpg

A Ferrari Dino GT246 body in 225mm wheelbase form, for the shelf-queen body (if I don't mess it up) of my M08. This is significant because it wasn't easy to find the 225mm version of this body; it's most commonly found in 210mm guise, which won't fit on an M08.

• Like 8

A few bits n' bobs turned up this week. Tyres for a F103 project (finally found some at a reasonable price), new motor for a TA04, and TM-2 manifold which I have no use for currently, but rare and was cheap so I thought 'why not' :-)

fullsizeoutput_5d8.jpeg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, futureworks said:

A few bits n' bobs turned up this week. Tyres for a F103 project (finally found some at a reasonable price), new motor for a TA04, and TM-2 manifold which I have no use for currently, but rare and was cheap so I thought 'why not' :-)

fullsizeoutput_5d8.jpeg

Those tyres are shockingly expensive and getting harder to find. 

• Like 2

Well not the posty but my motor took me for it. 

Just been to MB models on the outskirts of Leeds for it and what a cracking little set up. The track looks good

IMG_20201024_133053.jpg

• Like 4

I bought a few bits and bobs during the week, some new, and some used for the Konghead,  Honda City Turbo and a WW2 kit that I plan to buy in the future 🙈

Anyhow I’m pretty sure most of this came from TC’s @toyolien- well Packed and sent out swiftly.

No more spending on the KH now it really doesn’t need anything else, the HCT is on the bench to pick up the detailing where I left off and then I can strip down the chassis, add the bling and bearings and it will be job done.

image.jpg

• Like 3

Happy ebay day. Found this "Super G" with radio and arrived today, in very good shape ! Just had to find new stickers (don't have the orignal one), new oil for shocks and buy a ball bearing set. A good cleaning and rock on ! B)

20201023_183435.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Philyon said:

Happy ebay day. Found this "Super G" with radio and arrived today, in very good shape ! Just had to find new stickers (don't have the orignal one), new oil for shocks and buy a ball bearing set. A good cleaning and rock on ! B)

20201023_183435.jpg

The wheels are awesome. I also love the shape of the Grasshopper II body. 

The kingpin bushings so I can fix the front hub on my white Javelin.

Kyosho America shipped the day I ordered and the USPS delivered within 48 hours. And I live in a state which is in the middle of nowhere, a long ways from Kyosho America.

• Like 1

Some goodies for my F103rs build. In less than a week from Hongkong to the Netherlands. Pretty impressive. 
5aQVpeQ.jpg

• Like 2

Rear shaft for my Group C project coutresy of SvenB - what a superstar!! Thank you, really appreciated.

Resized_20201027_204704_9463.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Rear shaft for my Group C project coutresy of SvenB - what a superstar!! Thank you, really appreciated.

👍 

Today the postie brought me two foam inners, a set of wheels, and some stainless shafts from Tonys Tamiya Parts, I picked up two inners and two pairs of 55d tyres from my LHS today, and the postie also bought me another M01, that I didn't really need 🙄

QMMzNGg.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, xray mark said:

Here we go again!. 
One of the best kits 

0CCFE811-EAD5-4425-9A57-FF067E70EF4A.jpeg

0E1D5E77-934D-49F2-9FE0-865DC03712DC.jpeg

Beautiful! Is this one of the "new batch"? I was just wondering according to modelsport for the last few weeks/month it's due date was yesterday (28th October) but that has now changed to the 28th February 2021 and fusion has it due on the 30th October I wonder who's correct? I'm not waiting for one but I could do with a new set of wheels for my one and a new under tray!

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Beautiful! Is this one of the "new batch"? I was just wondering according to modelsport for the last few weeks/month it's due date was yesterday (28th October) but that has now changed to the 28th February 2021 and fusion has it due on the 30th October I wonder who's correct? I'm not waiting for one but I could do with a new set of wheels for my one and a new under tray!

Hi mate. They are in stock now At rc mart . I expect U.K. shops sold there preorders? 
are you in the U.K.? 
ive got a spare set of wheels 

• Like 1

This arrived today to take over winter running duties, so I can save my Tamiyas for best. 😀

30504AE4-634D-4D3A-8DA0-2D1AF1510941.jpeg

• Like 7

Couldn’t resist some bling for the Jugg 

50545407081_99f07907ed_b.jpg

now I need to find the other hop ups :D

• Like 3

Finally got a Frog which was my first kit as a late birthday present from my mum. Been waiting since the start of lockdown!

Will now build this before the CAT XLS

IMG_0556.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hifonics said:

Finally got a Frog which was my first kit as a late birthday present from my mum. Been waiting since the start of lockdown!

spacer.png

Will now build this before the CAT XLS

oh my this is to much Nostalgica for me to handle!. When i was 11 the Tamiya Catalouge replaced my dirty magazines under the pillow!, and i could stand for Hours looking at those box arts in the local stores!

Deauk6W.jpg?1

First RC part in ages! Winger body and wing. Has some paint on it but its easy to remove

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 12:38 PM, futureworks said:

fullsizeoutput_5d8.jpeg

Type S motor nice! Getting very hard to find a good one lately! I always found that them motors (R, Rr, S, ) are a very understated motor I put the Rr type in my egress and it was far smoother than the dynatech that was in it!

• Like 1