backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

A little something to keep me amused during the four week lockdown. Big thanks to the ever helpful and excellent Joanne at Fusion Hobbies. 

DSC_0074

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Klausen said:

Few upgrades for the rere TopCat.

BFC0A4F1-D82C-4695-A27D-C5D6311E2457.jpeg

Be interested in seeing what a difference the brass weight makes, I assume to keep the front down when accelerating. Will it need stiffer front springs to support the front on braking I wonder? 🤔 I'll definitely get the alloy rockers however, makes sense to control the wheels down stroke with the shock as well. 

On 11/6/2020 at 6:55 PM, DeadMeat666 said:

I personally love mine. They actually make shock building something I look forward to.

I was just thinking today, would be good for smaller turnbuckles like the stock ones on the M chassis. Hold the shaft without pulling the paint off, especially when you want to wind the rod ends on the same amount without turning the opposite one.

12 hours ago, mastino said:

Hotshot. 3 days from UK to my desk. Great!

Resizer_16046894640410.jpg

Equal measures "happy for you" and "jealous" :lol:

• Like 1

Some vintage TA03 hop-up parts, and a rare CRP Sway Bar Kit (i.e. stabilizer) for SRB's turned up yesterday here in the UK from various parts of the globe. Nice!

fullsizeoutput_5e5.jpeg

• Like 3

This also turned up a week ago. I got this from a German auction site for a good price. I guess as from 1st January 2021, all of us in the UK will start paying extra vat and import charges on anything we buy from the EU, if I'm understanding things right :-(

fullsizeoutput_5ea.jpeg

• Like 6

15 hours ago, mastino said:

Hotshot. 3 days from UK to my desk. Great!

Resizer_16046894640410.jpg

Doesn't the box art for the hotshot look so good! The first time I set eyes on the box art was when the original appeared and the postmaster at the post office In the village I lived in was building his inbetween serving people at the counter (remember this was way before the internet).......oh memories!

• Like 1

A random assortment of odds and ends arrived, 6mm ball collars for CC-02 build, replacement steering knuckles for Super Hotshot and some brass hex adapters for TRX4. 

79C2F36B-1DAD-476F-9954-271654B0D38B.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, futureworks said:

This also turned up a week ago. I got this from a German auction site for a good price. I guess as from 1st January 2021, all of us in the UK will start paying extra vat and import charges on anything we buy from the EU, if I'm understanding things right :-(

fullsizeoutput_5ea.jpeg

Yep! Everything will have a tariff on it and probably quite bad delays especially at the beginning of the year because nobody will know what they are doing (what's new) never mind though because we will be in charge of our own destiny?.......or demise I forgot which one our esteemed government said???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, futureworks said:

I guess as from 1st January 2021, all of us in the UK will start paying extra vat and import charges on anything we buy from the EU, if I'm understanding things right :-(

That’s the excuse I’ve been using for some recent stockpiling! So far, it’s holding up 😄

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Juhunio said:

That’s the excuse I’ve been using for some recent stockpiling! So far, it’s holding up 😄

Sound very familiar - buy, buy, buy!

• Haha 1

Today, the postman delivered a vintage VW Golf eacing body set. The body had already been opened and cut out very well. An added bonus, was the pair on NOS racing wheels and Diplo tyres, very hard to find now.

J

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

A little something to keep me amused during the four week lockdown. Big thanks to the ever helpful and excellent Joanne at Fusion Hobbies. 

DSC_0074

Ahhh the top cat, almost put me off rc for life trying to build that in my early teens :lol::rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Audi TTR TA04ss arrived. :D

Crazy that these still came with msc's in 2002.

Should be a good rebuild, it hasn't seen much action. 

Came with both bodies and some decals to keep me busy too. :)

Screenshot_20201107_130721.jpg

• Like 3

This arrived on Thursday from the magnificent @jonboy1.

The big ask was to ‘please keep the patina and make it look like a well kept used truck’, I didn’t want to loose the originality or the decals or make it look brand new. 

Jon knocked it out the park imo, stripped, cleaned, reassembled, paint work touched in and matched where needed and then reassembled having retained some light signs of wear and tear and very light damage, I couldn’t be happier.

I originally bought it in 2013 as a one family owned, lightly used shelf queen and it is all original part from the front light lenses and SRB hop up shocks. 

This Hilux is a close copy of the 1st Tamiya I bought back in the day @ 15 years old (circa 1984) and it is now the 7th Hilux I have owned over all.  All the others have now been sold and this one is the keeper.

I really can’t thank Jonboy enough 💥

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 7

more the last 6 weeks, and the first one just waiting on finance to go through (should be tomorrow :D)

2020-11-08-recent-purchases-1.jpeg

2020-11-08-recent-purchases-5.jpeg

2020-11-08-recent-purchases-6.jpeg

2020-11-08-recent-purchases-7.jpeg

This one is apparently a Traxxis 1/18th,  I only got it as it came with a GB-01 Tamiya Tamtech Frog. Not even remotely interested in it, so if anyone wants it.

2020-11-08-recent-purchases-11.jpeg

and the Tamtech Frog. I manage to get a new Fox body from RCMART really cheap, plus a few spares. I couldn't get the front top swings arms, but should be able to make something.

2020-11-08-recent-purchases-13.jpeg

2020-11-08-recent-purchases-14.jpeg

I'd bought this reasonably cheaply, thinking I could use the spare parts, plus another lot of bits that are still to come. But in the end when I tallied up the cost it probably wasn't worth it to be honest.

2020-11-08-recent-purchases-15.jpeg

This was basically new, except the chassis is built, and too good a price to pass up :D

2020-11-08-recent-purchases-16.jpeg

plus some model kits, very happy with this find

2020-11-08-recent-purchases-17.jpeg

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Geez @yogi-bear nice haul 👍🏻
The Skoda is a beautiful blue, is that replacing the Volvo? 

Basically, although not the Volvo you saw when we caught up, I'd earlier this year replaced it with a 2005 S60 which was intended for the kids at some stage. I have wanted an Octavia for a few years now, they seem to review really well, are pretty good to drive despite the small 1.4 litre engine and are well priced. The one I got was a demo, there being a choice between that or a silver one. I had silver before so it was time to brighten things up. Also the demo only had 14 kms on the clock.

• Like 2