backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

On 11/24/2020 at 9:38 AM, Peter_B said:

This turned up today...

wq63I6voMmYmeLYZ0zS42Ge_0zCRjVdrl9MS-Rj5

A Mardave Cobra Evo. Number 3 of the first 50 kits sold.

Nice ! Wish they kept the old body 🥺

2 hours ago, berman said:

Couple of motors for the M05/M06.

aKWZjLd.jpg

How do these compare with the Sport Tuned?

2 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Nice ! Wish they kept the old body 🥺

They did. There are 2 bodies in the box. The Evo one and the old one.

47 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

How do these compare with the Sport Tuned?

These don't, they are 16,300rpm at no load and 55.4mN-m compared to the sport tuneds 18,300rpm at best efficiency and 350g-cm. So a silvercan with a pretty case and more torque 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

They did. There are 2 bodies in the box. The Evo one and the old one.

Awesome!! I’ll be getting the next batch in feb. enjoy ! You going to run? 

I've not had any RC-related deliveries in a little while. I'm trying to practice restraint until I get my trail rig up and running (which itself is delayed while I concentrate on non-RC Christmas present projects!). 

I thought I would take a punt on this Mini shell though. It wasn't advertised as Tamiya but as 'not a original Tamiya so not perfect but everyone seems to like them'.

I'm going to need some decals for the lights though... 

No complaints from me for £22 delivered.

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 6:55 PM, Truck Norris said:

Some TT-02 Hop-ups for a chassis build I'm calling the TT-0TwoMuch due to having every expensive blue alu Hop-up. Not so expensive when from RCMart like this lot though. Intercooler from eBay.

goodies-18-nov-2020.jpg

Bargain paints from an offer at Euro Car Parts - £3.04 per can! Click and collect so no courier charges either. You can determine the age of the can by how easily the Hobby Company warning label peels off - the older the can the worse it sticks to the plastic (see top left).

Pandora light stickers and MST wheels and nuts from Drifted.nl, Tamiya cables from eBay.

goodies-23-nov-2020.jpg

New re-re 935 static kit from Fusion, TC discount, Fusion Points and Haribo. Nice.

935-static.jpg

I see you have the servo mount hop up, it's a fair chuck of aluminium! Instructions for it say to put the receiver on top of it😲 I managed to squeeze a TRU-05 in next to the esc so plenty of blue on display 👍

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 9:50 AM, DarkSonic said:

Recieved my Willspeed steering arms for the Top Force. Realy nice machined pieces. Looks much better than the other arms available.

PSX_20201123_214716.jpg

Are these alloy steering arms? Do I need them for my Top Force?!

A mint NIB pair of Technigold motors turned up today, having been hiding away in a hobby store for over 30 years and only recently discovered.

fullsizeoutput_633.jpeg

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, futureworks said:

A mint NIB pair of Technigold motors turned up today, having been hiding away in a hobby store for over 30 years and only recently discovered.

fullsizeoutput_633.jpeg

Lucky you😲

One up for sale per chance??😉

14 minutes ago, msgimartin said:

A Reedy Radon 19T motor for my upcoming DT-02 Nissan Racing Truck (58511) build. 

IMG_5543.jpg

I hope you didn’t pay too much bro. Reedy have got some nerve when it comes to rebadging cheap Chinese items and charging a premium...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293305152606

5 minutes ago, xray mark said:

I hope you didn’t pay too much bro. Reedy have got some nerve when it comes to rebadging cheap Chinese items and charging a premium...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293305152606

Ha - really good to know, thanks for flagging. I paid about $16 from Tower Hobbies here in the US. To be honest, Reedy wasn't even really on my radar until I saw someone using one in a build on Youtube, so I thought I'd give it a try. 

Sad that a well respected old school name would do something so foolish. They should have standards.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, msgimartin said:

Ha - really good to know, thanks for flagging. I paid about $16 from Tower Hobbies here in the US. To be honest, Reedy wasn't even really on my radar until I saw someone using one in a build on Youtube, so I thought I'd give it a try. 

Oh $16 is ok. Knowing reedy I thought they would charge 60 bucks or something outrageous 

I use these motors to make fake dyna techs for my shelf queens with mci decals so they do have some good uses 

• Like 2

In addition to the Reedy motor, a couple of Hop Ups for my DT-02 build:

53790 - Cup Joint for Universal Shaft
53791 - Universal Shafts
53831 - Aluminum Motor Heat Sink
54397 - Aluminum Servo Mount

63A14E56-3023-4A18-958F-5E845B6ED7E5.jpg

14 hours ago, svenb said:

Lucky you😲

One up for sale per chance??😉

Possibly for a trade + a dollop of cash as I’m after a blue Acto 53154 👍

On 11/28/2020 at 10:48 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

Are these alloy steering arms? Do I need them for my Top Force?!

Yes, these are alloy steering arms in very great quality.

I already broke 2 of these steering arms in my Manta Ray and the used Top Force also had a broken one. My steering arms always broke at the ball connector.

• Like 1

My VQS just arrived today (thanks for delivering on a Sunday, FedEx!). Unfortunately, I can't add her to my showroom yet, since it looks like the 58686 model code hasn't been created yet. 

thumb_IMG_5570_1024.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 4:05 PM, msgimartin said:

A Reedy Radon 19T motor for my upcoming DT-02 Nissan Racing Truck (58511) build. 

yea i bought the 15t one and i could tell from the crappy photocopied reedy label it was a crap chinese one. Plus it runs to hot not even geared high. My superstock bz is as fast to boot

• Like 1

Fresh from the Tower Hobbies sale last week... a Bigpig! (I kid, I kid...)

And I'd like to say a special thank you to Fedex, for delivering this two days late, and then leaving it on the front steps in the rain, instead of carrying it up five steps and putting it under the roof overhang. Good thing US kits are shrink-wrapped, because the outer box was practically dissolved. Sometimes "free" shipping is not worth it.

IMG_20201130_164218515.jpg

• Like 3

A new Surpass Rocket V5R 21.5T arrived today for my FF04. Anyone here who races a FF03 or FF04 have any recommendations on FDR for 21.5T blinky? @ThunderDragonCy what do you run in your FF03? Its 17.5T but should give me an idea of a starting point. I run 3.1 I think in the TA07 with a Reds VX 21.5T which probably means even lower for FF cars? Especially since the Surpass motors have decwnt torque?

• Like 1