backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

4 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

A new Surpass Rocket V5R 21.5T arrived today for my FF04. Anyone here who races a FF03 or FF04 have any recommendations on FDR for 21.5T blinky? @ThunderDragonCy what do you run in your FF03? Its 17.5T but should give me an idea of a starting point. I run 3.1 I think in the TA07 with a Reds VX 21.5T which probably means even lower for FF cars? Especially since the Surpass motors have decwnt torque?

On a fairly tight track i run 4.1 in mine vs 4.5 in the 4wd. The taller gearing helps with traction i find. 

One thing i did for the meeting was to drill two holes in the "grill" of the body shell about 20mm either side of centre. Motor ran quite a lot cooler as a result. 

• Like 1

Really fancied an FF car, but didn't fancy the cost of the Tamiya option this time round so went for the new Schue:

spacer.png

Still waiting for some titanium screws and the alloy front diff mount to arrive

• Like 9

A mystery package from TimeTunnel. I am forbidden from sneaking a peek but I suspect a GF01 Dump Truck may be lurking inside.

• Like 1

Finally, after 2 week delivery and 1 week hold by custom office, the postman sent it this morning :D

20201201_211216_resized.jpg

• Like 2

What I wanted (a tiny sprue of wing mirrors) and what I ended up with to justify the postage.

20201202_180206.jpg

Resized_20201202_180326_8362.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

What I wanted (a tiny sprue of wing mirrors) and what I ended up with to justify the postage.

Man maths at its finest. Excellent work. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Superluminal said:

20201202_180206.jpg

Resized_20201202_180326_8362.jpeg

The only way i want my RC cars delivered, in plastic foil. I got my Agrios Kit wtihout and it had clearly been open many time becouse it was marks everywhere on body and some platic bags where half opened but notthing was missing, but hated it badly. For the body the marks went away when i removed protecting foil as i thought. That Tamico place have good prices for shipping kits to Norway, my next kit i believe will be from them.

• Like 1

Next im putting on Hi-cap Top-force dampers and i do not want to strugle with my standard pointy plier any more. Also Tweesers for my plastic models, missed propper tweesers for those small parts and decals. Also ordered Ball Link plier, i almoast killed my thumb (and car parts) during the Agrios build.

B9274738-AA4E-4AE4-816D-2FCDA2F1BCDA.jpeg

• Like 1

Colours for the next few builds got collected this morning from Euro car parts, £27 for the lot is ok and having seen some great green and orange translucent bodies we have a good start! The solid colours I just picked up because they had them, I'm sure we will find a use for them at some point!

Now to wait for them to put some metallic paints on offer!

_20201203_180646.JPG

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, simalarion said:

B9274738-AA4E-4AE4-816D-2FCDA2F1BCDA.jpeg

I like those pliers but after a few years the plastic inserts became quite brittle. Finding replacements tips isn't that easy!

I'm going for a set of proper damper pliers next.

Got some Jugg 2 original stickers from 2000 man 20 years ago seems like a lifetime!

50676593328_2420d4c0e3_b.jpg

suppose it kind of is

really dig how these tie in with the Konghead graphics.

• Like 1

As Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part. Does anyone else find that they've deferred gratification for years (decades in some cases) only to completely lose patience over the course of the final week (or weeks, depending on how slow the shipping is) waiting for the package to arrive??

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, El Gecko said:

As Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part. Does anyone else find that they've deferred gratification for years (decades in some cases) only to completely lose patience over the course of the final week (or weeks, depending on how slow the shipping is) waiting for the package to arrive??

Its hard to belive but as an 46 year old man im like a kid again on Christmas Eve when waiting for a new Kit and updating that parcel tracker, i just started this hobby again so maybe it will wear off on my 10th kit :) ... . Right now i badly want to order a TT-02 with Rally body from Tamico, but so far manage to hold myself back as i just finished Agrios, i also lack a good place for driving a road car.

Have a good weekend :)

• Like 1

A couple more bits for me

08685D15-C4EA-4468-A860-558BA64CF50F.jpg

A gearbox and ali servo posts for my FTX Outlaw mod project. A metal chassis plate is in the slow post somewhere.

I should have received another Mini shell but RM delivered all our post to the wrong office.

Forgive me Father, for I've sinned.  I bought an RTR (and non-Tamiya)...

hteevM5.jpg

I just couldn't resist the scale look. 

ixl6x99.jpg

(CC-01 for size comparison) 

cC6Q0n5.jpg

But Joe really needed a ride, and no Tamiya would fit. (He had to walk for all these years, you know)

I might have to take the seat cushion out and take his boots (or feet) to fit him in the driver seat.  

• Like 9

On 11/26/2020 at 3:45 PM, Badcrumble said:

I've not had any RC-related deliveries in a little while. I'm trying to practice restraint until I get my trail rig up and running (which itself is delayed while I concentrate on non-RC Christmas present projects!). 

I thought I would take a punt on this Mini shell though. It wasn't advertised as Tamiya but as 'not a original Tamiya so not perfect but everyone seems to like them'.

I'm going to need some decals for the lights though... 

No complaints from me for £22 delivered.

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

Where did you get it from and what wheel base is it?

The postman is my friend at the moment. He delivered this reather fine vintage 58030 Honda F2.

I won it on an auction, and while i had to pay a fair bit, it was only ever partially built but never finished. I am going to complete the build which means i will then have the full set of F2 cars in shelf queen condition.

J

DSC_6153.JPG

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Juggular said:

Forgive me Father, for I've sinned.  I bought an RTR (and non-Tamiya)...

hteevM5.jpg

I just couldn't resist the scale look. 

ixl6x99.jpg

(CC-01 for size comparison) 

cC6Q0n5.jpg

But Joe really needed a ride, and no Tamiya would fit. (He had to walk for all these years, you know)

I might have to take the seat cushion out and take his boots (or feet) to fit him in the driver seat.  

This is on my 2021 sort of list. Tell us what it’s like please