backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Theres probably a bloke marooned on a desert island somewhere wondering what all these jiffy bags of small blue anodised aluminium are that keep washing up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/10/2020 at 12:40 PM, Bash said:

Got an order from Plaza Japan today, bunch of random stuff including additions to my die-cast collection and some Hop-Ups

IMG-3218.jpg

IMG-3219.jpg

The bottom picture looks very similar to what I ordered from Plaza Japan a few weeks ago, out of curiosity how long did it take to get to you? I did the SAL option I think to the UK.

On 12/10/2020 at 12:40 PM, Bash said:

Got an order from Plaza Japan today, bunch of random stuff including additions to my die-cast collection and some Hop-Ups

IMG-3218.jpg

IMG-3219.jpg

The bottom picture looks very similar to what I ordered from Plaza Japan a few weeks ago, out of curiosity how long did it take to get to you? I did the SAL option I think to the UK.

• Like 1

This came in 5 days from Tamico, getting wrapped up at the weekend though so me and the little one can unwrap it Christmas day, although it's actually for me he enjoys the unwrapping a lot!!

DSC_3059.JPG

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Nwc100 said:

3 days to the US. I chose the international priority option since it was the best value to me. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 12:04 AM, Superluminal said:

I think my parcel is being delivered by a new method of being thrown in the sea and use currents to hope it drifts here.

Could have collected it on foot and back in that time

Screenshot_20201210-232309_Chrome.jpg

Oh Langley! (Heathrow world distribution centre) the HM customs are $#*@ hot there so if it gets through your lucky (go and get yourself a lottery ticket) if your parcel doesn't get their beady eyes on it?

On 12/9/2020 at 8:53 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

What model is that? And are you doing a build thread...?

Its a runner a 201 lots of goodies on it too. 

On 12/9/2020 at 8:53 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

What model is that? And are you doing a build thread...?

Its a runner a 201 lots of goodies on it too. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 4:04 PM, Superluminal said:

I think my parcel is being delivered by a new method of being thrown in the sea and use currents to hope it drifts here.

Could have collected it on foot and back in that time

Screenshot_20201210-232309_Chrome.jpg

I had that happen similar too , shipping from US to Australia.  Tracking was fine until it reach Hong Kong then it took one full month from Hong Kong to Australia!! Lucky the buyer did not leave me a negative feedback.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Theres probably a bloke marooned on a desert island somewhere wondering what all these jiffy bags of small blue anodised aluminium are that keep washing up.

perhap's he is waiting/hoping for wilson to turn up 

• Haha 1

$12 Goldbat (5200mAh) batteries arrived, as well as stuff from Hobbyking. 

lydwUnj.jpg

As you can guess from the price, $12 batteries were not well balanced.  It wouldn't quite reach 8.4v.  Storage charge took an hour to get it to about 0.03v difference.  I could live with that.  I have a 10A discharger, and it did relatively well. Full 10A down to 8v.  9A down to 7V.  Then quickly dropped. But it was over 4800mAh at 6.5v when I unplugged it.  Good enough for a basher battery.  

X4RrHpq.jpg

Turnigy Nano-tech Tamiya-style pack was a failure. 

He2U5Uo.jpg

These silly centipede nubbins prevented it from sliding into M05.  Why?  Why make it like this? 

io9xPWo.jpg\

Durga has groves, but those were to lower the sub-C cells as much as possible. Regular Tamiya packs would fit, if you raise the clip pegs with spacers (orange below).   

hfvIgjB.jpg

(I didn't like the 4mm connector. It's fine... 2 inches long when connected, heavy but easy to handle-- just not compatible with what I have. I'm debating whether I should make an adapter or just solder a XT60)

ItaixiI.jpg

Another Turnigy was almost a failure (my error). I ordered a robot servo!  

z9nVayp.jpg

Fortunately, it's just the bottom pan.  If I cut it flat, it might make a hole. Hopefully, I can simply replace the pan.  If I installed it on a Blackfoot, where there is a lot of room under, it wouldn't matter anyway.  

YL0G4AK.jpg

The 3rd Turnigy was a battery for Dancing Rider. 

cLKjwYp.jpg

It fits, but the wires get squished a bit, so I might carve that part of the chassis a little.  

6njYxEU.jpg

And I got a bunch of balance lead holder.  

mM1MsFm.jpg

I was expecting it to be soft.  But these are hard plastic that make the similar noise as Lego bricks.  I guess it has to be hard...if it was rubbery, double sided tape might not stick.  Balance leads have slightly different tolerances, so some fit some don't fit well. I might have to carve these a bit.  Frankly, I'd prefer simple rubber caps dangling about, if they can keep dirt off of the pins.  

I'd say today's haul is 'trial-and-error lot.'  If everything goes exactly as you thought, life wouldn't be fun, would it?

• Like 4

My dual rider arrived today from Tower Hobbies. Figured this would be my birthday gift to myself as they were 25% off and I had a $10 coupon for my birthday thanks to the super saver club. Still waiting on the bearing kit from Fast Eddy since both Tower and Amain were out of stock. After that arrives, I'll start on the build. Still undecided on paint for it, might do some sort of Cyberpunk 2077 style since that game just got released and the body has a similar futuristic look to it. 

IMG-3222.jpg

• Like 7

Finally got myself a Monster Beetle. I was happy to pay the BIN price on EBAY. Need to charge some batteries and screw a few things together. Then we'll see what it can do.

IMG-20201207-WA0053.jpeg

IMG-20201207-WA0057.jpeg

IMG-20201207-WA0059.jpeg

• Like 7

Ok, so i had one of those moments after a few beers when i was searching ebay for the next greatest thing. I came across a guy selling some NOS tyres for the Lanicia rally/Audi Quattro & Ascona, and bought a pair to go on one of my restorations.  When he mentioned that he had a couple of pairs, the beer said, 'Great, i'll buy them all.'

The postman delivered them a couple of days ago, and i remembered what i had paid for them...:wacko:

Oh, and by the way, they are all rears! :lol:

Still, happy days...

J

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Beer and eBay is a dangerous mix I remember not so long ago my brothers mate bought a classic car due to being under the influence,to be fair though it was a nice car he kept it a couple of months then sold it 😄

• Like 1

A few bits for my M06 Eunos Roadster build.  Also decided on the paint job so I can aim to have it all finished this weekend.

1ehcgJ0.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/14/2020 at 4:53 AM, ploots said:

Beer and eBay is a dangerous mix I remember not so long ago my brothers mate bought a classic car due to being under the influence,to be fair though it was a nice car he kept it a couple of months then sold it 😄

I encouraged my wife one night to buy a caravan under the influence.  We had just bought a new ute so clearly needed something to tow.  I figured I could take it to race meets and make coffee, and if she spent $10k then that would even things up a bit (as in, I'd have only spent on RC twice what she's spent on a caravan, which isn't a toy and doesn't really depreciate, but you know).  Got my FF04 Evo under the influence, happy days, my wife just laughed when I reminded her what had happened!

Played postman since I was driving past my LHS.  PS1, PS3 and PS4 for 3 bodies I have to paint, sensor cable and a 60T spur and 52T pinion for my FF04.  This should get the FDR close to what I need for 21.5T blinky racing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I encouraged my wife one night to buy a caravan under the influence.  We had just bought a new ute so clearly needed something to tow.  I figured I could take it to race meets and make coffee, and if she spent $10k then that would even things up a bit (as in, I'd have only spent on RC twice what she's spent on a caravan, which isn't a toy and doesn't really depreciate, but you know).  Got my FF04 Evo under the influence, happy days, my wife just laughed when I reminded her what had happened!

Played postman since I was driving past my LHS.  PS1, PS3 and PS4 for 3 bodies I have to paint, sensor cable and a 60T spur and 52T pinion for my FF04.  This should get the FDR close to what I need for 21.5T blinky racing.

The best post this year 👍

Absolutely brilliant 😊

• Like 3

A Buggy Champ (SRB) Ball Diff, you know just in case 😉, and a servo extension cable free gift.

00586BA8-D595-4416-8FB2-9A44BA25D18D.jpg

• Like 5