backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

8 hours ago, msgimartin said:

An assortment of items I'd ordered 6+ weeks ago. The dampers, stabilizers, and pinion are for my DT-02 (which started life as a Nissan Racing truck but quickly turned into a Sand Viper). The rest are destined for a "super" (read: expensive and unnecessary) TL-01 rebuild that has been planned for two years now...

974EAFE9-0F7F-4166-B0D9-5DB184A8B67E.jpeg

Although for TL-01, you can't sneakĀ m-chassis parts past these eyes... šŸ¤“ šŸ˜„

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 3D printed 1/6th scale Jerry cans . Need painting. Not going to try and get them smooth as there are not enough days in a year!!!08DD3CA0-6509-4741-8494-6F43A1785A41.jpeg.deb51b2d61d65ee93ddbfcce8bcb36c1.jpeg

ready for a long range raid

BCC115CC-6A18-41B9-A499-C52F4C949E19.jpeg.36f51b7624e63603a54db78e4a4a0390.jpeg

the inspirationĀ 

0FF2C67E-0222-4451-890F-0167C5F259FC.jpeg.ffda7263b06112010c153dbb2c4571c6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Todayā€™s delivery..Ā 

either making a black special or just a fully hopped long wheelbase AvanteĀ 

C8C19F59-AD2B-4EBE-B8D8-7C718FA5C78E.jpeg

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Busdriver said:

That is one lovely looking car.

It's arrived and it's mint.Ā 

Screenshot_20210108_144117.jpg

• Like 11

Just now, Wez-li said:

It's arrived and it's mint.Ā 

Screenshot_20210108_144117.jpg

Looks like you are back in the RC game there Wez - congrats and enjoy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Percymon said:

Been back for a while, where u beeeeen?Ā :lol:

Just now, Wez-li said:

Been back for a while, where u beeeeen?Ā :lol:

I'll have to search your posts then.

I've been nowhere RC, that's for sure !Ā  Good health to you and the family for 2021

• Like 3

I've been nowhere RC, that's for sure !Ā  Good health to you and the family for 2021

You too mateĀ :)

You too mateĀ :)

12 hours ago, berman said:

Although for TL-01, you can't sneakĀ m-chassis parts past these eyes... šŸ¤“ šŸ˜„

I'm guessing the M-chassis servo horn is for the TL01 as it's a perfect fitšŸ‘Œ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, svenb said:

That's exactly right. I also believe it'd fit the WT-01, but I don't see the need to add bling to it, since I only use the WT-01 for bashing.Ā 

• Like 1

got a package that turned up with a big open tear in the side. looked like trouble, but everthing was there.

IMG-1026.jpg

the smaller parts could have slipped out, but they were lying on the opposite side to the opening.

IMG-1033.jpg

Tamiya tires + foam inserts, HPI tires, 3Racing titanium screws, and 3Racing aluminium servo mounts.

Ā 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Percymon said:

Good to see you back ! . Ā This thread has never been the same :LOL: ... Hope is all well ..

• Like 1

Just received a Super Stock BZ))) what a beautifully crafted motor!Ā 

3FB882C7-322C-4497-BA0F-F0E8EABFC212.thumb.jpeg.4abf11d5646dad1f135615e7e92f3444.jpeg

Will make it ball raced soon)

• Like 3

On 1/9/2021 at 3:43 AM, Percymon said:

Whoaaa!! Where the heck have you been?! Hope this isn't a one post wonder and you are sticking around a while!

On 1/9/2021 at 6:24 AM, svenb said:

Yeah its amazing how 'lego' that horn is for a lot of late 90s Tamiyas. I need to get a few of those and the obligatory hi torque servo savers for my M03/4s šŸ˜Ž

Sent from JazzHobby (Quality seller right there if you ask me) for my Agrios. One of the few part i thougt would be a problem right away, the front knuckles (seem to be very good quality):

3023F5A0-5199-4D7D-9B8F-A551D0212ED5.jpeg

• Like 3

New shell for theĀ Clod.

Ā 

Yeah I know I should restoreĀ the vintage one but forĀ Ā£30 this sure savesĀ lottaĀ time hassle and failĀ :lol:

50818274547_6a175f7e90_b.jpg

Ā 

• Like 4

got one more package :)

IMG-1038.jpg

HPI Work XSA02C wheels, HPI radial tires, Tamiya FF-03 aluminium bumper mount, Tamiya FF-03 carbon rear damper stay, Tamiya FF-03 carbon motor stay, Tamiya 5mm metal suspension balls, Tamiya titanium screws and some Tamiya wheel spacers.

Ā 

• Like 2

spacer.png

I have JOINED the "Addiction" Club!!! šŸ˜šŸ˜ Going for a J&J Mondeo Body though.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Carmine A said:

spacer.png

I have JOINED the "Addiction" Club!!! šŸ˜šŸ˜ Going for a J&J Mondeo Body though.

Nice! A friend of mine has just got one, he has been running a M05 for a while but he thinks the ff03 is the better of the two. He paired it with a 10BL60 and a 10.5t motor and it is fast. Enjoy mate

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Carmine A said:

spacer.png

Congratulations!!! Awesome chassisĀ 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, DayRider said:

Nice! A friend of mine has just got one, he has been running a M05 for a while but he thinks the ff03 is the better of the two. He paired it with a 10BL60 and a 10.5t motor and it is fast. Enjoy mate

Thank you so much!! I'm starting out with a 17 Turn Brushed.... but plan on going Brushless - maybe on my SECOND FF-03! šŸ˜²šŸ˜šŸ˜ŠĀ 

I've wanted one FOREVER, and MY time has finally come. Over 9 Years of living HELLL is finally coming to an END!!!Ā 

Mate, I've got a Shopping List that will rival a Teenage Girl in a Shoe Store during a Sale!!! šŸ˜œšŸ˜‚šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚

15 hours ago, fwdjump said:

Congratulations!!! Awesome chassisĀ 

Thanks! I've been hearing about it for years. At first I couldn't imagine HOW it could possibly work - with that huge LUMP sticking out in front!! šŸ˜³Ā 

Then my Best Friend, Mark Bryan got one. I watched him build it, then run it....Ā  SHOCKING how well it Handled and Steered, especially for FWD!!!Ā  NONE of my M Chassis Cars could take a Corner like this can!Ā  And the Cantilever Front Shocks are just COOL šŸ˜ŽĀ 

I UNDERSTOOD His frustration with Step 1.... I've built a LOT of RCs since 1984 - but I could NOT get that Ball Diff together!!! šŸ˜–šŸ˜­šŸ˜ šŸ˜ šŸ˜ Ā 

I thank God that I also ordered a Gear Diff! Never liked Ball Diffs anyway, wears, finicky and needs frequent adjustments!! šŸ˜–Ā  I built the Gear Diff in under 15 minutes! Filled it with 20K Diff Oil, sealed with a Gasket - and I'm DONE.Ā 

Although it leaves me STALLED until the needed FF-03 Evo Gearbox Case finally arrives from CHINA!! šŸ˜–šŸ˜ Ā  For those not familiar, the Gear Diff in this is 7mm wider than the Ball Diff, and uses a different Case.

Minor setback. My Life 2.0 is about to begin SOON!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Carmine A said:

I've wanted one FOREVER, and MY time has finally come. Over 9 Years of living HELLL is finally coming to an END!!!Ā 

Mate, I've got a Shopping List that will rival a Teenage Girl in a Shoe Store during a Sale!!! šŸ˜œšŸ˜‚šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚

Minor setback. My Life 2.0 is about to begin SOON!

Really glad to hear things are starting to look up for you mate :)Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Popped by to do some TXT-2 research, saw @Snappy1's VQS build, caved in. Few days later theseĀ arrived.Ā 

EDIT to say: sorry about the mess. Covid and working from home means my play room is now my office slash den of microsoft teams. Sadly spending a lot more time in here hasn't lead to great improvements in my tidyness.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

vqs.JPG

• Like 5

6 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

Really glad to hear things are starting to look up for you mate :)Ā 

Thank you so much!! I mean that. Next Christmas will NOT be the lonely, tree-less, presents-less, decorations-less, DEPRESSING week like that one was.

About the end of February is when the Inheritance should be in my Bank.... I'm going to do something nice for the People who helped me and my Family. šŸ˜‰šŸŽšŸŽĀ 

Fortunately due to "stuff", that list is very, VERY short.Ā  Thank you again Jon. Takes a big Man to be selfless, especially if there's ridicule involved. Going forward, I'm going to do my best to follow that lead. šŸ‘ŠšŸ˜Š

• Like 2