backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

@Jutty thats very fast, are you using express on everything?. If seller is located i HK that would be the fastest from Asia though..

47 minutes ago, simalarion said:

@Jutty thats very fast, are you using express on everything?. If seller is located i HK that would be the fastest from Asia though..

Normal delivery £3.90. I got it from Hobbyking. Ordered 28th December arrived 21st Jan which is about 2.5 weeks. 

13 minutes ago, Jutty said:

Normal delivery £3.90. I got it from Hobbyking. Ordered 28th December arrived 21st Jan which is about 2.5 weeks. 

sorry my bad, i missread you badly, thought you said it took 7 days to receive parcel.  but before New year it took 2 weeks .. but that was not what you wrote at all i see now :)

47 minutes ago, simalarion said:

A used Cheetah chassis, which on inspection looks like it has never in fact been used! A bit of a last minute impulse purchase as it looked cheap: I was drawn in my that super-rare bumper and black under guard, both being unique to the Cheetah and never released as spare parts on their own.  Tyres are shot, but other than a bit of light corrosion on some screw heads and the suspension springs, and a load of age related dirt, it looks pretty good to me.

IMG_5627.JPG

• Like 3

Got a new precision screwdriver set. I like to keep one handy just for the odd thing my normal tools won't fit and to have something to take when I go out just in case.

I have a "kamasa" set but the metal has never been any good and it's not the good old Japanese Kamasa, just Chinese stuff with the name plonked on it. The box broke and the handle began to liquidise so I had a look around for a cheap replacement.

I saw a few people recommend these "Raitool" ones and they were on offer on Banggood for £10. I thought I would give them a whirl. They are supposedly made of proper steel with a 60 HRC rating. No idea if that's true but I've seen people express pleasant surprise. Cant be any worse than the usual fake chrome vanadium stuff, right?

Anyways, it turned up the other day. First impressions are good for the price. The case is metal and the tray inside that holds the bits and driver locks inside with a push release mechanism. The quality of the driver itself seems ok but nothing amazing. Ditto for the bits. The bits are magnetic and use magnetism to stay in place whilst being stored.

I've taken apart a couple of things now using the phillips tips and hex tips and they seem to have held up ok so far. No obvious wear and no build up of metal dust on the tips. Based on that, they will probably be fine for the occasional use they will get. If I get a few years out of them. I'll be happy.

Only problem now is the "something to take when I go out part" I'll feel bad having the case rattling around in my bag and getting scratched up!

wcva6Es.jpg
c6RqVsu.jpg
Ftcl7ms.jpg

• Like 6

i got a few things in, Tamiya to Traxxas male connectors, 40w DC TO AC Traxxas converter (can carry that with the truck when needed and not rely on actual car battery) and the MST Drift tire remover kit came in. i can finally install rubber tread tires onto the aluminum rims. i just wonder if i should warn up the drift tires a bit before trying to remove them.

i just love how confusing product pictures can be online, atleast i have some traxxas connectors that can be soldered to be of use  once i find the right connectors to add them onto. maybe the Tamiya connectors can be disassembled...apparently female Tamiya plugs are harder to remove.  a standard ball point ink  cartridge is enough to slide onto the pins and thus remove them. i gotta try that out.

EDIT: it works rather well, i got 2 female Tamiya plugs removed from the male Traxxas adpator wires without cutting or soldering. no damage to the connecting pins that i see but without having a male Tamiya plug im not sure how solid the reinstalled plug connections will be. I will try it when another set of connectors with male Tamiya and female Traxxas come in. at the very least i removed the wires without damaging the plugs so i can solder a new pin on it in worst case.

edit 2, i tried a small 0 flat driver to push the locking arms/flares to easily remove the wires safely without damage and a modelers scalpel/knife to restore the angle for the locking flares. i also managed to save the pins with bent flares to something useable for the future.

My RCMart order from 8th December finally arrived. The alloy lower gearbox mount for the Top Force so i can finally fix that. And some random bits, m3 washers, bearings etc too. That took far longer than expected, not sure whats happening with SF Express,  Banggood is really quick atm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

My RCMart order from 8th December finally arrived. The alloy lower gearbox mount for the Top Force so i can finally fix that. And some random bits, m3 washers, bearings etc too. That took far longer than expected, not sure whats happening with SF Express,  Banggood is really quick atm

my MST tire tool kit took just under a month to arrive, my FD3S 1/10 body should arrive  arrive by feb 4th if its anything close to my first order but they havent yet updated the body from its "picked" status since jan 6th, it was shipped then picked on jan 6th so hopefully it wont take too long

• Like 1

Yesterday the remaning parts for my TXT-2 build arrived from Tonys Tamiya parts, which was impeccable timing from my postman as stricter covid restrictions were announced today.
As if that wasn't enough he also brought a couple Super Astute re-re's with him. Good man. 

IMG_3975.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Yesterday the remaning parts for my TXT-2 build arrived from Tonys Tamiya parts, which was impeccable timing from my postman as stricter covid restrictions were announced today.
As if that wasn't enough he also brought a couple Super Astute re-re's with him. Good man. 

IMG_3975.jpg

You done well with the super astute they are very thin on the ground at the moment and I've been reliably informed that its very unlikely its going to make a re-appearance!

Over the last couple of days 

A new bumper for my grand hauler seeing the kit one has bits in the plating.

A new decal set for wild willy 2 to replace wheelie damage ones on the rear.

And another set of rims for the camero shell i recently painted mst adjustable off set rims and the centres are met black chrome witch until saw them i was gonna repaint them gold but they are staying like that as it would be a crime to recover that beautiful finish

1611419093590-999124588.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, moffman said:

You done well with the super astute they are very thin on the ground at the moment and I've been reliably informed that its very unlikely its going to make a re-appearance!

Well, it is decidedly your fault for stoking my fear of missing out in the re-re thread, so I guess I should thank you :)  Decided it would be plain stupid to build and run (and break) one of the nibs when a re-re was available. And luckily I found a shop with stock, so didn't have to pay stupid prices. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

Well, it is decidedly your fault for stoking my fear of missing out in the re-re thread, so I guess I should thank you :)  Decided it would be plain stupid to build and run (and break) one of the nibs when a re-re was available. And luckily I found a shop with stock, so didn't have to pay stupid prices. 

Well done👍obviously we need to see the finished buggy they are a very good build I'm glad to be of service and enjoy them!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, moffman said:

Well done👍obviously we need to see the finished buggy they are a very good build I'm glad to be of service and enjoy them!

Cheers! 

First in line is trying to build  the TXT-2 into something that hopefully isn't as ugly as the Agrios, which should take me like forever since I've only built buggies so far :) 

1 hour ago, Robert5000 said:

Cheers! 

First in line is trying to build  the TXT-2 into something that hopefully isn't as ugly as the Agrios, which should take me like forever since I've only built buggies so far :) 

Ha. In Norway we have a saying for such a look «Harry». But sometimes to much Harry is turning over to Great, thats Agrios to me. Was a bit sceptical at first looking at box art but when painted it changed.

Always wanted a Red Subaru Brat since i was s kid but ended up with Agrios hehe

Actually sounds like you would be better off with Bruiser. 

G.T.  power sound and light module for my MAN Truck, bought it from asiatees and only toke one week to arrive shipped at 16-01 so that was fast and it only cost me 0.70 euro cent for the shipping.

50866778763_7bc11efa7a_c.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Klausen said:

8F8CCE1F-2C78-4426-9773-5FD7D0B52B90.jpeg

Green with envy. Hopefully UK ones should be here next week!!!!

(I know these are kyosho, but...)

These, arrived, the other day.

A donation to the club, by someone we don't know, who contacted us out of the blue!! 

Now I've been nominated to get the max we can for them...😳, so the research begins.

2021-01-24_08-57-16

• Like 5

got some parts for my FF-03 today. 3Racing graphite servo and radio trays.

tghsrdt.jpg

• Like 2

I was surprised to get this RCmart package today, nothing too exciting but I've only ordered it less than 3 weeks ago! I was expecting at least another month waiting time, you really never know with these things..

20210125-175327.jpg

• Like 1