backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

4 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

still dont get it  

The wheel behind his head looks like a big afro ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

The wheel behind his head looks like a big afro ;)

oh, well if you all say so. anyway......really? sorry guys, just cant get on board with this one. Even now that i understand the premise i dont see it and to be honest dont find it funny. We all have too many problems to work out across the planet. 

@Finnsllc Its quite ok no one is telling you to think its funny , and it was not meant to be directly funny either. It was what i saw everytime i scrolled by, but suddenly i saw it was actually a Tire. Funny or not, please move on mate

13 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

oh, well if you all say so. anyway......really? sorry guys, just cant get on board with this one. Even now that i understand the premise i dont see it and to be honest dont find it funny. We all have too many problems to work out across the planet. 

Fair enough, but you asked the question.

I was just being polite by answering it. 

On 28/01/2021 at 5:09 AM, Finnsllc said:

Gotta say im pretty excited about this one.

IMG_20210127_110744.jpg

Are you planning a build thread of this one, or at least a few pics of it? I thought Team corally disappeared years ago, I didn't know they made kits still. Looks like a good model.

1 hour ago, DayRider said:

Lately I have been seeing a lot of F1 cars on this site and never given them much thought in the past but I must say I'm giving it some thought and might just dip my toe. What would be a good place to start and how much cash would it take to get something good?

Thats how it starts. In my case there was a thread about F1 cars and I wanted an excuse to buy a TA07 and go racing, so F1 became the second class. If you want new and just bashing around the cheapest is a base F104 kit that comes with body, tyres etc. I went with a TRF102 which I found for a great price, but still a lot more than the F104. No regrets though, it hasn't needed anything done to it, it was great out of the box. If you start with a base kit the eventual cost can far outweigh the initial purchase price!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Are you planning a build thread of this one, or at least a few pics of it? I thought Team corally disappeared years ago, I didn't know they made kits still. Looks like a good model.

Ya know what, I will. Any advise on a system to post that? Every step?  @Jonathon Gillham

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grumpy pants said:

Thank goodness for that! 

Sorry, i simply didnt see it or get it. Not sure why im the @$%hole on this one.

1 minute ago, Finnsllc said:

Ya know what, I will. Any advise on a system to post that? Every step?  @Jonathon Gillham

Yeah every step if you have the patience! Some people also crop images of the instructions and stuff too, thats well beyond me though. Just don't do what I did with my FF04, took a picture of the first step (the diff) then get carried away and suddenly have a complete FF04 staring at back at you...

1 minute ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Yeah every step if you have the patience! Some people also crop images of the instructions and stuff too, thats well beyond me though. Just don't do what I did with my FF04, took a picture of the first step (the diff) then get carried away and suddenly have a complete FF04 staring at back at you...

nice. i think i need approval from the build thread to f\do that correct? @Jonathon Gillham

• Like 1

50884542242_c7c49ba6b3_b.jpg

I got this 1991 Audi V8 delivered today. I’ve not had a TT02 before, gonna see what all the fuss is about :lol: looks like the hubs come with fake discs, another 1st for me. I’m considering making this up as a street car, number plates, car phone, silver alloys maybe even an exhaust 

50885413631_ef3a83fca0_b.jpg

50884693433_ea30dfc7b4_b.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Finnsllc said:

@Jonathon Gillham as well as upload photos from somewhere else due to bytes being limited.

Yes, I use Flickr but there are other services too.  Flickr is free and I think you can have up to 1000 photos for the free service.  I think that TamiyaClub has a service for subscribed members too, but I'm not 100% sure as I've never looked for it.

I have done a few build threads and they showed up but just needed approval from an admin.  I think its just that they check that its a proper build thread and not a discussion or something that should be elsewhere in the forum.  You just start the thread as normal, you can add more entries prior to approval, and it just shows as pending or something until approved, so you don't have to do anything differently.

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Thats how it starts. In my case there was a thread about F1 cars and I wanted an excuse to buy a TA07 and go racing, so F1 became the second class. If you want new and just bashing around the cheapest is a base F104 kit that comes with body, tyres etc. I went with a TRF102 which I found for a great price, but still a lot more than the F104. No regrets though, it hasn't needed anything done to it, it was great out of the box. If you start with a base kit the eventual cost can far outweigh the initial purchase price!

Although a great old brand are shortly reentering the market

Mardave

and also there is now the Schumacher Icon, schumacher’s first F1 model.

Icon

• Like 1

i can finally get a move onto mt TT02D hop up shocks with this 40WT Losi oil

losi 40wt oil.png

• Like 1

A little something for the weekend Sir?

M-05 Ver.ll, A parts (Chassis), Aluminum motor mount, and some reinforced suspension arms to covert my Stock M-05 to take a square battery. Which is handy as I’ve just started my rostered days off.

86B797B4-03C2-4A62-87F3-C408A0C0198F.jpg

• Like 4

My Christmas present - to myself - finally arrived yesterday...in the form of a 56041 M1A2 Abrahms 1/16 tank kit.

Impressive kit - as you might expect for something approaching a 4 figure sum...

Tamiya have certainly cut down on the amount of internal packaging in the 1/16 tank kits. 

• Like 7

It finally arrived.......IMG_20210129_122057462.thumb.jpg.9e95d2a3ac2939a1f86111ace58807a7.jpg no not the haribos, although they are appreciated........IMG_20210129_122121576.thumb.jpg.6e15cca9bc7ec8265208c1ddcfb9b040.jpg

my first 4wd chassis..... i plan to build this and get it muddy ^><^

• Like 8

This body kit arrived today. Once again amazed at the quality that can achieved. This is 3 d printed but the surface is excellent 148564CE-F46C-4CE5-B2DF-4156B88014FE.jpeg.3b92e36786d52a45ccab9650f9559c6d.jpeg

• Like 3

Original Diebels 190E instructions and a few helmet stickers for a couple of quid on eBay. Drill chuck and some reading material - I find books an invaluable resource for reference photos for cars that pre-date digital photography and widespread internet usage. 

goodies-catalogues-books-jan2021.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Willsls1 said:

Got some parts delivered today

20210129_170045.jpg

Looks exactly the same as what I'm expecting in a week or two!

Will be interested to know your thoughts on the TBLM I've ordered the same 10.5t for the TA03 although it will go in the TT02 until summer, what ESC are you going to run it on?

I've ordered a fan and will use the tamiya stock one to start and see how it goes, probably with the timing right back to begin with as the 5yr old likes a drive too!

Never understood Flux until i got dirty solder tip an the Tin just ran straight off and landed as drops on table, sponge cleaning did not help at all(was reading later that its not adviced to use the sponge as it gets dirty), so project changing all connections to XT-60 halted. Got some stuff today so i can start again, but i may wait for shrink tubes and tip cleaner that have not arrived:

22B406E8-BAEA-4F75-8F47-44CF6FFB0C3B.jpeg