backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

1 hour ago, Seanster43 said:

No customs to pay on this, got it for a bargain been after a minter for a while also has some alloy steering upgrade and FRP set up plus a few spares.  Just to source the correct wheels for it going to be a light runner if such a thing 😅

EB8E3E83-5808-4DE0-BBA8-71B23AABDF70.jpeg

E2BFB2E0-E246-4B2A-9CA0-D07DCD6BD0B3.jpeg

931E36F5-C3F5-40DA-B00E-A96A6FA8E240.jpeg

I've seen L&L models them.....lovely kit you have.

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2021 at 7:36 PM, Juhunio said:

Feels like we'll still need to cut nice and straight along the sills though, which I'm less happy about because I'm quite comfortable using scissors and Dremel on arches, but less so cutting dead straight along sills :(

Buy a roll of DYMO plastic label tape, and use it as a self adhesive straight edge... it will give you a firm edge to score along.

• Like 3

Some random bits and pieces arrived, f1 wheels and tyres, body hole reamer, hobby knife and m4 serrated wheel nuts.

20210205_080332.jpg

20210205_080343.jpg

“Some random bits and pieces arrived, f1 wheels and tyres, body hole reamer, hobby knife and m4 serrated wheel nuts.“

I ought to get a body reamer like that with a cover instead of ( yet another ) bare shape object poking around my living room. 

You know when you respond to an advert on Facebook, and then ask if they've anything else for sale.....

Only wanted a servo for my daughter's race car, but she's ended up with an esc too!,  Plus I've got a NIP servo for my L1 (when I get my mits on it....) 

2021-02-05_04-30-26

• Like 6

Got an aluminium front and rear bumper for my Sand Scorcher a few days ago. 

IMG-20210203-204339.jpg

Today I received a stainless steel screw set and front bumper from RC Channel for my Turbo Scorpion.

IMG-20210205-212213.jpg

• Like 2

image.jpgYou could say it was a “barn find” ( Ok I’ll stop the Puns for now).

I just need to disassemble the gearbox and install ball bearings (clean as I go), and install a deans plug so I can use my stick pack Lipo. 

• Like 9

got some parts today :)

IMG-1071.jpg

Kawada VX wheels in various width and offset, Topline SSR Aigle Minerva wheels, Yokomo Nissan Silvia S15 stickers, Yokomo spare wheel pins and wheel nut, Yokomo stabilizer bars (F & R) for YD-2TC, Kawada motor spacer for Tamiya FF-03, Eagle Racing stabilizer bars (F & R) for Tamiya FF-03, Eagle Racing aluminium spur gear mount for Tamiya FF-03, Yokomo aluminium spacers, TN Racing carbon spur gear plate, RC926 3mm wheel hex, Tamiya 84410 carbon servo plate, Tamiya 53876 aluminium damper retainers and Wrap-up Next 0272-FD carbon battery holder for VX-Concept YD-2.

• Like 5

A couple of goodies for my DT-02 Sand Viper. The damper set is 54993, the "new" version of DF-03 Aluminum Damper Set (53926). So far as I can tell, the only differences are the caps are serrated vs. smooth on the 53926 set. It also comes with green "Medium" oil, instead of the yellow "Soft" oil as in 53926. 

IMG-6147.jpg

• Like 4

Both these TC member recommendations turned up recently.

They will encourage me to work on lexan shells and to learn to solder so thank you.

image.jpg

• Like 5

This pitched up today and it is my 1st front wheel drive chassis, it was the right chassis, right body, right price at the right time.

I’ve had a fair few road cars before but I only ran a couple of them a couple of times and then they have all been moved on pretty rapidly, usual story too restrictive to rag around and enjoy. 

But my Tamiyaness is changing to wanting to build new kits and run some road/rally type models so it will be an interesting experiment 😉

This model replaces my recently sold Wild One 💥

image.jpg

• Like 10

18 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

image.jpgYou could say it was a “barn find” ( Ok I’ll stop the Puns for now).

I just need to disassemble the gearbox and install ball bearings (clean as I go), and install a deans plug so I can use my stick pack Lipo. 

Love me some Kumamon tractor!  If you run him on hard surfaces either remove the bear or give him a helmet, he is very easy to damage up there, and tough to find.  Kids love ours and I regret not buying another when Tamiya USA was selling them cheap (the rtr that is)!

• Like 2

I know I'm a little late to the party, but finally managed to snag the re-release Terra Scorcher, thanks to our friends at Tamico :).

415DFF84-FD96-4649-8F97-6A6BFCA9B8F3.jpeg

• Like 6

The local racetrack that I started racing at runs a Euro Truck class.  Since my only on road car is a Xray T4 that I run in the vintage trans am class, I sit in the pits a lot on race day.  I was looking for something else to run and the price point to get into the Euro Truck class is quite cheap and everyone runs the same gear. 

Anyone here run these?  Any tricks to get them to handle better?  I got a 2S battery and the bearing kit to put in it.  I know nothing about this Tamiya platform and just had 200.00 burning in my pocket so I bought it on a whim.  Is there a racing forum for these things?

et1.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Love the tractor just don’t get the 🐻 

I mean they make make 2 other tractors on the WR-02 platform that have regular human driver figures. I find the wacky Kumamon bear fun ridiculous but its not for everyone, that's for sure.

A circular cutter, for £4 from Amazon I have absolutely zero idea why it's taken this long to order one, 4 arches done in 4 minutes compared to 4 hrs previously!DSC_0046.thumb.JPG.e8ab852c3a228bf5d7bd03c7546e6a5a.JPG

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Both these TC member recommendations turned up recently.

They will encourage me to work on lexan shells and to learn to solder so thank you.

image.jpg

I've one of the circle cutters and I'm due to try it out on my Mini shell soon. 

I've just ordered one of those heat guns - my driver figure needs a little tweaking and that might be a bit quicker than a candle!

Really like your FF03. I am tempted by that chassis, mainly due to all the recent 'frontie' action on here but I just don't have the space for it! Maybe one day...if I ever sell anything!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

just ordered one of those heat guns - my driver figure needs a little tweaking and that might be a bit quicker than a candle!

Have you got a link to the heat gun?

31 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Have you got a link to the heat gun?

I bought my on eBay from cheapbuys333.

Very pleased with the item and service 👍

19 hours ago, msgimartin said:

I know I'm a little late to the party, but finally managed to snag the re-release Terra Scorcher, thanks to our friends at Tamico :).

415DFF84-FD96-4649-8F97-6A6BFCA9B8F3.jpeg

I didn't think much of the terra scorcher when it was originally released and the re-release but I bought one because hadn't built a kit for a while and it was a good price then I was probably going to sell it! But as I was building it I realised now good it is now it's in pride and place in my collection👍 enjoy yours👍

• Like 1