backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

12 minutes ago, Truck Norris said:

I can! :D

Made them for April Fool's day 2019. They are Anadin tablets that I placed in the bag, refitted the header card then Photoshopped the text.

I really should have watermarked it or put my name on it somewhere as I see it constantly!

I'll try to namecheck you next time @Truck Norris. I trot it out at any opportunity...:D

• Like 1

Mr. Postman was kind to me today. These are my first M-chassis’ and I thought it would be fun to compare FWD and RWD. The M08 was ordered a month ago, the M07R a few days ago. Ironically they showed up on the same day!

3E02097A-53D0-481E-BFA6-5645D4A8C69F.jpeg

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, Room335 said:

Mr. Postman was kind to me today. These are my first M-chassis’ and I thought it would be fun to compare FWD and RWD. The M08 was ordered a month ago, the M07R a few days ago. Ironically they showed up on the same day!

Hate it when that happens and the missus starts getting twitchy ;)

JJ

• Haha 2

Almost as hard to photograph as it was to find. Well chuffed!

spacer.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Room335 said:

Nice haul. I'd like those chassis one day, I"m  sticking with my M03 and M04 for the moment.

I'm having similar postal experiences though. Two RCMart orders, one from 14/12/20 and the other made 09/02/21 have arrived today...at the office. So I can't have either for a while yet :(.

I"ll probably have made another order before I pick those bits up. Payday is getting closer, the weather is slowly getting better - time to order some paint? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

Two RCMart orders, one from 14/12/20 and the other made 09/02/21 have arrived today...at the office. So I can't have either for a while yet 

Is it a U .K thing to have your order delivered to your Office, seen this many times on this forum. Does not the postman deliver to your door?.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Problemchild said:

Hate it when that happens and the missus starts getting twitchy ;)

JJ

To make matters worse he rang the doorbell! Complete violation of Tamiya bro-code. Gotta have a talk with him 😉

9 hours ago, simalarion said:

Is it a U .K thing to have your order delivered to your Office, seen this many times on this forum. Does not the postman deliver to your door?.

The postman does but if there is anything larger than the letterbox in the door, there is nowhere for it to go. 

My job entails being on the phone a lot. Even if it is quiet at work, you can bet the postie arrives mid-call when I can’t get to the door. And Mrs BC won’t answer the door without written warning of the event submitted three weeks prior (has to be written- she doesn’t answer the phone either).

Missed packages mean a trip to the sorting office at the weekend which just gets in the way of family life over those two short days. Would not make Mrs BC happy and at the moment she likes my RC cars, so let’s keep it that way.

At the office, there are some very nice people who get chocolates / sweets / biscuits for putting my boxes aside. And normally - not in these strange times - I’m there if anything turns up.

I’ll stick to office deliveries - so much less stressful. 

EDIT: I might make an exception for the next paint order - it will probably come by courier so I’ll have a good idea when it is due to arrive.

Re-EDIT: Funny story, my wife ordered a cabinet for the hall a week or so ago. Last Thursday, she got a text message to say it would be delivered this Friday. The same morning she got another text to say it would be delivered between 1 and 2pm. At 10.30ish that day

Her:  Did you hear that, is that the door?

Me:  I didn't hear anything.

Her:  There, that banging. Was it our door or did it come from next door?

Me: I don't know, I didn't hear anything.

Her: Will you go and look?

Me: Oh, it's your cabinet (upon opening the door to find a big box on the porch. Looking up, there is chaos in the road where a DPD van didn't bother to park, just stopped and blocked it. Oops)

Her:  I told you it was our door. Why didn't you go when I asked?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Badcrumble said:
14 hours ago, simalarion said:

The postman does but if there is anything larger than the letterbox in the door, there is nowhere for it to go. 

In Norway when that happens you can choose where the order will end(you must choose a delivery point you prefer at Posten.no), and for some years back now all Postoffice was merged with the Grocery stores, that often means they are close by and you can pick them up as late as 22-23 if you want, works well

• Like 1

DSC_0081

Just waiting on the cva shocks and black uprights and c hubs (Mo5ra). Impressed with the body, looking forward to the end result. 

• Like 3

On 2/22/2021 at 6:02 PM, simalarion said:

I do it all the time here in Canada.  I'm more likely to be here at work than I am at home during delivery time.

The quest has lead me to one of most sought after parts...finally I have everything (untill i start something else)

20210224_190825.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/22/2021 at 2:53 AM, Fabia130vRS said:

Can you source please. Interested in such lamps

I think Mrs got off eBay 

50974847673_8d0863dd75_b.jpg

50974847578_8c13f35a9a_b.jpg

50 minutes ago, J@mes said:

I think Mrs got off eBay 

50974847673_8d0863dd75_b.jpg

50974847578_8c13f35a9a_b.jpg

Thats UV? Does it do it for the flowers?

had ideas about making me hot pepper collection crow indoors with light units

Finally arrived today, despite forgetting to include a few things on the order, at least i can get a start on the build(s) until remaining bits and pieces ship.

Mixture of things for:

(XV-01) - MST Civik EK9 body, 3 Racing LED & TT motor - still waiting on universals

(Re-Re Frog/Hotshot) - Tamiya LED Pods

Everything else will form the basis of TT-02R Mustang GT4

parts-1.jpg

parts-2.jpg

parts-3.jpg

parts-4.jpg

parts-5.jpg

parts-6.jpg

• Like 2

The first basic parts for my G6-01 build.

- Spektrum SR315 3-channel receiver
- 2x PowerHD waterproof Servo
- Tamiya PS-12 silver
- Tamiya PS-45 translucent purple

• Like 1