backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

17 hours ago, wintersdawn said:

Came complete with decals but not sure whether I should leave it as it is?

IMG_5495.JPG

Wow, an original! It's in excellent condition. I hope it doesn't have chipped gear teeth like mine does, I really can't run it safely. Yours looks like it has never been run - it still has all the studs on the rear wheels.

• Like 2

Thanks, the seller said it was used as a prop on TV shows, although it has all the components to run, except had to order a new battery box.

IMG_20210225_094837.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, wintersdawn said:

Thanks, the seller said it was used as a prop on TV shows, although it has all the components to run, except had to order a new battery box.

IMG_20210225_094837.jpg

It's utterly pristine! There's no wear on the gears whatsoever. A thing to beware of if you run it is the front uprights - they might be very fragile due to age and are a bit of a weak spot. I would avoid big jumps if you run it. What a find though, that car is possibly 40 (!) years old.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wintersdawn said:

IMG_20210225_094837.jpg

This belongs in a Museum, i think its a Tamiya law against driving that kit in that condition?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, c64orinoco said:

It's utterly pristine! There's no wear on the gears whatsoever. A thing to beware of if you run it is the front uprights - they might be very fragile due to age and are a bit of a weak spot. I would avoid big jumps if you run it. What a find though, that car is possibly 40 (!) years old.

Cheers for the advice 🙂

2 minutes ago, simalarion said:

This belongs in a Museum, i think its a Tamiya law against driving that kit in that condition?

Although it will be made to run, it will have a very gentle life.

1 minute ago, wintersdawn said:

Although it will be made to run, it will have a very gentle life.

In that condtition i would but that in a glass monter andb pick up new kit with modern tech that will make it better to drive either way. In that contidtion i believe that can already be a goldmine for collectors and like?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simalarion said:

In that condtition i would but that in a glass monter andb pick up new kit with modern teck that will make it better to drive. In that contidtion i believe that can already be a goldmine for collectors and like?

Cheers, I have others for running harder/bashing.

Do you think I should paint/decal it?

With mint condtion like this and if Decals also mint (and original) these things can be worth far more (money wise) for others than it appears to be for you. In other words as you do not sound like a collector i think you could get a very good amount for this if not touching it from  collectors, is it somehing collectors do not like it is new paint and Decals etc etc ... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simalarion said:

With mint condtion like this and if Decals also mint these think can be worth far more (money wise) for others than you. In other words as you do not sound like a collectors i thinks you could get a very good amount for this if not touching it from a collector, is it somehing collectors do not like it is new paint and Decals etc etc ... 

Thanks for the advice 🙂

I found these in Japan.

I wanted to leave one for me... but I cant really be bothered.

I paid for both 20$ and immediately put a add on ebay.

one sold for 70$ the other for 50$.

wow. Sadly I feel bad for letting go of both... but hey. Money makes the world go round or something like this :D

yTBRieI.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, futureworks said:

A couple of (I think) quite rare hop up parts arrived today for my TB Evo 4

fullsizeoutput_772.jpeg

Spool is definitely a bit of a rarity 👍

• Like 2

I have been waiting for weeks for 15 RC related orders, the New Year celebration in China was a solid brake on all these orders (mostly small stuff i need to continiue my projects). This was the last day for Post-delivery this week and what did i get, a bath math that my Wife wanted (Also Ali/express order) - Hurrrayyyyyy :( Enjoyspacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, simalarion said:

I have been waiting for weeks for 15 RC related orders, the New Year celebration in China was a solid brake on all these orders (mostly small stuff i need to continiue my projects). This was the last day for Post-delivery this week and what did i get, a bath math that my Wife wanted (Also Ali/express order) - Hurrrayyyyyy :( Enjoyspacer.png

aren't they supposed to go on the floor? ;) 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

I think that's supposed to help avoid hospitalisation due to slipping when showering 😫😫

Not very useful RC-wise though....😀

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

I'm sure there is some adhesive that could allow you to firmly have it mounted on a vertical surface. Might be a good back rest..

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, futureworks said:

I think that's supposed to help avoid hospitalisation due to slipping when showering 😫😫

Not very useful RC-wise though....😀

That is for bathtub so children do not slip, you can see it match with drain :). But its for avoiding the very same, yes

5 sets of wheels and tires they where only 4 euro per set so good for carpark bashing, some glue and a lexan scissors and hpi 6mm offset rims that I am going to use with a 200 mm wide musle car body

50979991927_59d4250da2_k.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simalarion said:

That is for bathtub so children do not slip, you can see it match with drain :). But its for avoiding the very same, yes

Ah, thought you’d got one of those fancy boutique hotel drains and matching wall cushion but it turns out your photo was rotated ;).

• Haha 2

Firstly, we might need a thread title change. I have had two new postman start on my estate recently, but they are ladies, and clearly it's a job that keeps you fit :ph34r:

Secondly:

Thanks to @futureworks for these parts to keep my Top Force rolling :)Screenshot_20210225_193508.thumb.jpg.2f67f6c1b55c7fb78a57625a6de00c62.jpg

• Like 1

Tamico tempted me again :wub: (just in time for the TA08 to be annonced :D)

IMG_2452.jpg

All nicely done without vat by @Tamico Admin, ordered Tuesday, here 9am Thursday.

No letter/note attached to the delivery from Parcel Force - I can hold out hope that HMRC don't catch up with me eh? :P

• Like 5

Found a loot of vintage stickers in the mail today 😛

20210225-190509.jpg

I love all kind of stickers, but when they are vintage AND RC or skateboarding related it's jackpot for me

• Like 6