backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Super Astute A Parts! Finally! The build is back on :D

spacer.png

• Like 5

51076788257_9631dda799_b.jpg

More vintage guidebooks, psychedelic technicolour plant lights make the bush  devil more fluorescent than usual! 

51007502680_1178976e09_b.jpg

51076784167_f815aeb9ea_b.jpg

51075988343_3a6dfa8ef1_b.jpg

• Like 8

Used Manta Ray and terra conqueror repro body set for my new project. 

Screenshot_20210327_202737.thumb.jpg.6b1c1240bf743c409279428cca17d497.jpg

I added the orange df03 wheels to see how it looks, gonna enjoy this rebuild. B)

• Like 9

Two days, two visits to the Hobbytown Hobbyplex to watch the TCS races. Saturday, I got myself a Torque Tuned Motor and an aluminum heat sink for my TT-02. Then, my partner watched a heat and bought herself a TT-02 Acura NSX, ball bearings, and a Hard chassis. 

Today, we wandered back in and I picked up an aluminum motor mount, since I need to take the old motor out, anyway. My partner found a NOS Ferrari F430 body shell that she had to have. We watched the Euro Trucks and M-chassis races. I ended up grabbing a VW Bug body they had, since we both fell in love with M-chassis racing. I suspect that will be our next round of cars. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chuckjaywalk said:

I ended up grabbing a VW Bug body they had, since we both fell in love with M-chassis racing. I suspect that will be our next round of cars. 

😬 Run far far away... do NOT get into m-chassis cars...

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, berman said:

The M stands for Many doesn’t it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

nah, i think it stands for more chassis. many chassis in that tense/phrase is bad inglish. its only makes more sense if it stands for more chassis.

• Like 2

today, this arrived :D

2021_03_29_XR311_Raised3DPro2-2.jpeg

Last week I bought a second hand Raise 3D Pro 2. New they are $8k in Australia, and didn't pay anywhere near that much second hand. Only issue is I didn't pay attention, blocked a nozzle, cleared that ok but in the process broke a wire to one of the stepper motors that feed in the filament. Easy fix, but have to wait for a 20 cent connector to arrive first. These have a good build volume, 305 x 305 x 300 mm, enough to do a full size car (in sections) but in one go.

2021_03_29_XR311_Raised3DPro2-1.jpeg

I also took a punt on a job lot of tires. Most are useful, except the rear motor bike tires (bottom left), anyone want them?

2021_03_29_XR311_Raised3DPro2-3.jpeg

• Like 11

A bricked iPhone meant I had to attend the office today. On the plus side, a 20% off eBay offer resulted in a delivery

DSC_05772.jpg

Servo plugs for when I attempt at tidying the rats nests under the hood of the JK or have a go at some lights for it (one day).

A new XT60 plugged ESC for the JK - rather than wait for me to learn how to solder. My Deans-plugged one can be repurposed.

The big driveshaft and metal hexes for the modded Outlaw project, the Outlaw Crawler. Or CrawLaw. Or OutCrawl. Or CrawlOut  A daft project needs an even dafter name. Next question - will the driveshaft fit the output of the clone SCX10ii gearbox....?!

• Like 3

the last 2 parts to finish the top-force rebuild arrived today 

can not get the 38mm threaded shaft anymore so took a punt on the 35mm and they seem to fit fine:D.

IMG_20210329_143557.jpg

• Like 2

Spent an arm and a leg, but finally got a hold of a cleanish SWB Willy today from Japan.   Will clean it up and do a full restoration.  

IMG_Mar292021at102434AM.thumb.jpg.29a7b3893e6c7c12417503be6090e33c.jpg

• Like 4

My first kit from rcjaz, arrived 4 weeks after ordering. I was getting a bit worried but very happy now that it's here.

20210329_180719.jpg

• Like 7

19 hours ago, berman said:

Don't worry, he's not in NZ so won't be competition for you on marketplace

• Haha 3

On 3/29/2021 at 5:03 PM, Re-Bugged said:

"Mmm.." is that another one I see?

On 3/29/2021 at 6:22 PM, nel33 said:

nah, i think it stands for more chassis. many chassis in that tense/phrase is bad inglish. its only makes more sense if it stands for more chassis.

'Mine' chassis... also bad English, but at least we know who they all belong too

m3aF7CD.jpg

10 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Don't worry, he's not in NZ so won't be competition for you on marketplace

😂

Unless I own them all, everybody is competition!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, berman said:

"Mmm.." is that another one I see?

'Mine' chassis... also bad English, but at least we know who they all belong too

m3aF7CD.jpg

🤣😂🤣 Just made my day that did 🤣😂👍🏻

• Like 3

Never built a Tamiya from new before, always other makes or restoring them... so what else would I start with... as I saw someone else say, “because everybody needs a lunch box” :lol: 

Figured this would also be good to let my nephew have a spin with for his first “real” RC car.

Also picked up some of the paint for box art and the bearing kit too, along with a servo and receiver. Got a second servo for my next project, a Hotshot 2, along with some rear arms but sadly still missing the battery skid plate.. fingers crossed.

F5E26705-7812-4967-871C-9F6496ADD744.jpeg

5E567354-7532-4FF6-91BF-D05B0F266DCA.jpeg

• Like 9

Super fast delivery from Modelsport.

I have no excuses now. I have plenty of stuff to work on 

Paint and servo leads for the Agrios (everything now ready for the build)

Paint for the Mini DevHack

Paint and micro servoes for the SCX10III (think that is everything ready for the build)

Paint, servo extension and battery lead for the JK

Pinions, ESC and motor for the Outlaw.

DSC_0580.jpg

DSC_0579.jpg

DSC_0578.jpg

DSC_0577.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Super fast delivery from Modelsport.

I have no excuses now. I have plenty of stuff to work on 

Paint and servo leads for the Agrios (everything now ready for the build)

Paint for the Mini DevHack

Paint and micro servoes for the SCX10III (think that is everything ready for the build)

Paint, servo extension and battery lead for the JK

Pinions, ESC and motor for the Outlaw.

DSC_0580.jpg

DSC_0579.jpg

DSC_0578.jpg

DSC_0577.jpg

Don't let all that available stock compel you to build it, you can always procrastinate. LOL I have more than enough work to do regarding hobby builds and yet I still find the time to procrastinate. At some point too many unbuilt kits compel me to build 1 or 3 of them but that backlog never goes away...

A small note, which can of red paint is that?? It better not be the same color I put on my 2 shells... *insert seagull meme*

Today this nice set of DF-03 aluminium dampers arrived. I want to use them on my DT-02 to make is a bit more like a DT-02MS. I noticed that the DT-02MS manual indicates two black O-rings inside the rear dampers while the DF-03 damper instruction sheet indicates only one. Will it make a difference?

DF03 klein.JPG

• Like 1

@nel33 not much stops me from procrastinating! 

That's a can of PS-15 Metallic Red. And it's mine!

I want it for a blue / red Agrios shell (I originally wanted a blue Bigfoot-style one but had been swayed by builds on here) but I have a feeling el kid will just want it red. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

@nel33 not much stops me from procrastinating! 

That's a can of PS-15 Metallic Red. And it's mine!

I want it for a blue / red Agrios shell (I originally wanted a blue Bigfoot-style one but had been swayed by builds on here) but I have a feeling el kid will just want it red. 

PS15 is fine, but PS 89919 in mine! I have a can of ps15 that I used to accent the purple anodized drift wheels. It's a very nice color but wine red is superior in my books for looks imo. I look forward to see how it turns out with your ps15. Ironically the slash paint job meant that I finally finished off my first 89919 can but I had a 2nd one ready to go and for paint touch ups. Might need to get a can of ps5 just so my rx7 drift body has enough paint in stock.

I got too many side hobbies and unfortunately the kit builds are a bit lower on the priority scale. Books and occasional video games consistently get tackled first. Taking the slash for a run has recently become a high priority though, delegating rc and biking might be an issue though.

I got this delivered today.  Cheepo's but they have MUCH better results than Futaba servo's so I use these solely on my Willy's where torque is needed to center the steering.  

So it looks like I'm going to go rescue more Willy's from the internets..

IMG_Mar302021at55222PM.thumb.jpg.26d657a26846afb5fca87fe6e44c48fc.jpg

• Like 2

More purchases in the wake of watching the TCS at the Hobbytown Hobbyplex: tires, wheels, and a Mustang body so my TT-02 can race in Spec. Oh, and my partner got herself a Buggyra Fat Fox so she can do Euro Truck racing. We have to go back for bearings before she builds it, but I think I have a racer in the household. 

• Like 2