I need to stop reading this thread as it’s inspiring purchases :D

image.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, J@mes said:

Blue jewellery for the Comical Avante

51086458157_77ddc12166_b.jpg

when it arrives...

@J@mes I don't think you can use the servo lowering guard with the gf01cb. It interferes with the plastic side guards. Seems they dropped that hop up when they revised the gf01cb list:

GF01:

http://d7z22c0gz59ng.cloudfront.net/cms/img/usr/inst/parts/GF01_PARTS_CATALOG.pdf

GF01CB:

https://d7z22c0gz59ng.cloudfront.net/cms/img/usr/inst/parts/GF01CB_PARTS_CATALOG.pdf

I only know this cause I'm also waiting for some blue goodness for a GF01CB Wild Willy 2 4wd build.

Hmm good to know, thanks for the info, seems my buy 1st check later policy is somewhat flawed. Your pragmatic aproach of checking stuff beforehand is admirable. 

Now I have a couple of options, fudge the build by deviating from the manual or I might have to paint the guard camel yello and slap it on the Heavy Dump. 

Either way thanks for the info & definitive lists of hop ups :D (must now try & resist buying all the other hop ups...)

Not Tamiya I know,

But a bit of wee just came out....

IMG_3934.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

I got a Willy figure tree and roll cage (WR02) in the mail today.  I ordered 3 driver figure trees from HK and they never arrived.   I ordered 2 more from Japan... hasn't arrived either.   So was kind of forced to buy local. 

IMG_Apr12021at20219PM.thumb.jpg.07c407d87ed52d9aa17aeffe5e57a0bd.jpg

• Sad 1

The postie brought some jewellery from RCmart! 

20210401-182932.jpg

My Manta Ray will soon be very happy 

• Like 6

so i got a hop-up for Sandslash from AmainHobiies today. some assembly is required for the hex mount for the slash but thats trivial. im in a bind now, the stock tires are still very much alive as i havent taken it out for a run that many times but the new tires looks so nice... something tells me i will use the stock tires until i get around to reinforcing the new slash body i recently finished painting...

IMG_4376a.jpg

IMG_4377a.jpg

• Like 1

These showed up today, now I just need some paint, AAs, and time to finish the assembly!

001(38).jpg

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, BJoe76 said:

These showed up today, now I just need some paint, AAs, and time to finish the assembly!

001(38).jpg

Ooh lovely. Don't forget a build thread too :D

2 hours ago, toyolien said:

Ooh lovely. Don't forget a build thread too :D

Already mentioned the order on that thread yesterday and maybe that it was here today, may start on it after dinner tonight or after my Sister and her family leave tomorrow. 

A few days ago the curiosity Black Special and the missing wheels for the TXT2 arrived. As the other black specials are at the cabin there’s no way to check for differences between the first and second run until covid restrictions are lifted. Nice to have all the wheels for the TXT2 though, god willing the decals on the clod shell will be applied later today. 

548155F0-B4AB-4ED2-89A3-0FEF57C21141.jpeg

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

A few days ago the curiosity Black Special and the missing wheels for the TXT2 arrived. As the other black specials are at the cabin there’s no way to check for differences between the first and second run until covid restrictions are lifted. Nice to have all the wheels for the TXT2 though, god willing the decals on the clod shell will be applied later today. 

Bet you can’t wait! I’ve got the standard Avante on back order. Didn’t think the Black Special was available anymore?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cynan said:

Bet you can’t wait! I’ve got the standard Avante on back order. Didn’t think the Black Special was available anymore?

I bought it from a Hong Kong based seller, as he had more than 1 in stock I offered him $450 and he accepted so it would’ve  been rude to refuse. The fantasy sums some people are asking on eBay are just plain silly, and luckily there’s still deals to be had. 

Hope your Avante hurries up! 

• Like 1

I got an empty bag of nothing from Amazon today.  What the heck, I open the bag and there is a gaping hole on the bottom.  LOL.. They're sending me another pack.  

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

I got an empty bag of nothing from Amazon today.  What the heck, I open the bag and there is a gaping hole on the bottom.  LOL.. They're sending me another pack.  

At least they sent some air and recycling material... that sucks to see invisible and intangible items when expecting an actual item.

22 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Sleaford Mods B)

• Like 1