backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

36 minutes ago, Futura said:

Sleaford Mods B)

Love them! Absolutely blew my mind with Austerity Dogs, been a rewarding ride ever since! 

• Like 1

Couple of things including a package that arrvied beat to heck from China..

IMG_Apr52021at95054AM.jpg.908a339ca930fc6ada5e40cff70253ea.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Couple of things including a package that arrvied beat to heck from China..

IMG_Apr52021at95054AM.jpg.908a339ca930fc6ada5e40cff70253ea.jpg

Flamingo 🦩 is a great choice of fun vehicle. I took the spring out of the drivers head as it looked like a 70’s nodding dog!!! 
also just so you know it’s possible to fit all M chassis wheels and tyres even drift ones though it becomes a real handful with them!!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Flamingo 🦩 is a great choice of fun vehicle. I took the spring out of the drivers head as it looked like a 70’s nodding dog!!! 
also just so you know it’s possible to fit all M chassis wheels and tyres even drift ones though it becomes a real handful with them!!

Thanks for the info!!  I'm going to paint mine drab and run one of my Willy's or Billy's heads.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Love them! Absolutely blew my mind with Austerity Dogs, been a rewarding ride ever since! 

Brilliant band, an acquired taste for some people! Loved the new stuff with Billynomates and Amy from Amyl and the sniffers.

The wife and I watched the film "The festival" a while back. It's not a film that will educate you :D, but I said "that's Jason from Sleaford mods!". Who? said the wife, so I get out my phone and search Sleaford mods on Instagram to show her.... First post was Jason doing "baking daddy",put it this way, his Easter one said "it's going to offend you or arouse you" :D Definitely NSFW or in front of your loved ones!

• Like 1

Got some 3D printed goodies for the SCX24 and Lunchbox.

001(325).HEIC

Got a Castle Bluetooth programmer and a pinion for one of my Wheely Kings, just no pics of those.

• Like 4

Not exciting like BJoe's 3D printed parts, but Amazon pulled through with bringing me what they were supposed to deliver yesterday... Tamiya style connectors for future batteries I will build..

IMG_Apr52021at51234PM.thumb.jpg.85b4a3660d82dc83a4fb4b887dfd5719.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Futura said:

Brilliant band, an acquired taste for some people! Loved the new stuff with Billynomates and Amy from Amyl and the sniffers.

The wife and I watched the film "The festival" a while back. It's not a film that will educate you :D, but I said "that's Jason from Sleaford mods!". Who? said the wife, so I get out my phone and search Sleaford mods on Instagram to show her.... First post was Jason doing "baking daddy",put it this way, his Easter one said "it's going to offend you or arouse you" :D Definitely NSFW or in front of your loved ones!

Hah, the timing of that being the first post is absolutely magical! :D And yeah, the baking daddy stuff I've caught are a mix of borderline scary and absolutely hilarious!  

• Like 1

another addition my cat 2000 collection, thanks @grizy for another pleasant transaction!  on another note, if anyone has a cat 2000 tucked away they want to sell, get in touch!!

cat2000.thumb.jpeg.ed581d5ff27fee403976ea39229fbd9c.jpeg 

• Like 5

Some beautiful stickers  - as always - from  MCI-Racing arrived today. When I opened it there were a bunch of extra sets that I thought must be another customers' that had got in there by mistake. I contacted Nathaneal to ask for is delivery details to send them back, to which he replied that no, they were a gift as a thank you! :wub:

That's made my day! :) 

• Like 4

A lot of parts came in the last few weeks for my Konghead build, still waiting on bearings and the kit itself:

51100397849_08b546f65e_k.jpg

• Like 2

Today I’ve god sod all! :lol: Post is so annoyingly slow these days.

6 hours ago, Cynan said:

Today I’ve god sod all! :lol: Post is so annoyingly slow these days.

yeah i agree atm we are down to ever 2nd or 3rd day for royal mail

Besides flat panel air filters for my paint booth, I got a batch of cheepo paint pallets, and 14 AWG wires for my upcoming hump back battery pack build.   

(Willy also drying..)

IMG_Apr72021at30830PM.jpg.efab0425e2675acdc99577476ee64603.jpg

Won this from an auction site for cheap but shipping was somewhat inflated... I took a bit of a gamble since seller said it was being sold as untested/for parts. Straight from Norway... luckily, it is in working condition... just needed the rotor and brushes to be cleaned... will have to order a reprinted decal and figure out if this will go to the VQS or Top Force

D6FBD7E1-ADCE-4523-80C8-B96690FBDD7A.jpeg

• Like 4

I'm a sucker for these specials that Tamiya come up with, so I promised myself I'd get these two when they were announced in January, and they arrived this morning. :)

Just waiting on the Grasshopper 2 Black Edition to hit the stores now. B)

20210408_085902.jpg

• Like 6

Picked up a TT02 that I don't need :ph34r::lol:

But it came boxed and rtr with 2.4 gear, a brand new yaris body and a standard chassis, extra body and wheels. 

Screenshot_20210408_102925.thumb.jpg.8c69f5f2a14978825c0026927b5a78c6.jpg

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it :)

• Like 4

Some parts delivered from Tamico today. Unfortunately are the gold wheelnuts more orange than gold. 

IMG20210408113859_compress99.thumb.jpg.88a65d1d92c8d89ae850af78ead37fa7.jpg

• Like 1

Finally some bits have arrived...

Some alu wheel hexes, a yeah racing steering set which I’m going to use to mod a Hotshot 2 and fix the bump steer, a ball race kit, couple of stainless steel suspension shaft & support bridge for the pins to replace the screw pivots, and for the Hotshot 2 and some new rere dog ones though I was reading last night about using CVDs so for some of those on order now too :rolleyes: I wonder if I should replace the main drive shaft with CVDs too? Hmm.

5D2EA103-F6F9-48CA-961F-E9794E2F251D.jpeg

The HS2 incidentally is my fav. car, so whilst having a shelf queen I’m also building one from parts to be the best it can be.

Not had anything delivered for a while and then two come at the same time :)Screenshot_20210408_162513.thumb.jpg.56237ad1a2bb43f7544f77bd0a5f1dd4.jpg

• Like 4

2x DB02 Leonis bodies all the way from the USA.

I searched everywhere for these and none available in Europe BUT Tamiya USA had them. They don't deliver outside the US so special thanks to my forum friend @Finnsllc who ordered then forwarded them to me in Switzerland. Absolute top man.

IMG_1537.JPG

• Like 6

Picked up 54649 TT-02 Diff Locking Block to go in the front of my TT-02, with an oil diff in the back. My partner picked up a Sanwa DX-5 transmitter and her first battery pack and charger, so the Euro Truck is only waiting on paint. I'm grabbing the same transmitter and a battery next week to finish my TT-02. 

On a related note, I'm trying to figure out how to mask a Vaporwave paint job on my Mustang body. I have way too many fluorescent paints to do anything mono-colored.

got this beaut of a shell today  a diff kind of top-force shell

can any one tell the diff

IMG_20210409_132631.jpg

IMG_20210409_132705.jpg

• Like 1