backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Got my steering servo in today. It the 2nd spare one I have as neither have a current setup for them. These 2 are reserved for the TD and Manta Ray.

An ultra rare hop up arrived the other day from Japan - a front upgrade set for my TA05-VDF. This was bought from yahoo-jp auction site via a 3rd party purchaser, Jauce. 

AF5AC850-7E32-4148-A408-FA30F1F3B89C_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 3

i purchased 1 PS12 silver paint can; received a heart and brain for the Manta build: motor and ESC HW1060. the parts i purchased from Micheals topforce should be in on the 20th. i got many more parts on order still that need to arrive.

i also just ordered some 1/4" masking tape online, none of the local stores seem to have it...

IMG_4395.JPG

IMG_4396.JPG

• Like 2

Nothing exciting, but a necessity... masking tape refills.  Got another dispenser as bonus.

IMG_Apr172021at54443PM.jpg.193ca35f8a35a24e27d558dce837536e.jpg

• Like 3

Went to the Family Night Off-Road Race Night at my local track. Left with an Assocoiated RC10 B6.3, receiver, motor, ESC, ESC programming board, battery, tires, wheels, tools, and a new addiction. Got home and stripped a screw on the second page of the manual. Went back for screws Saturday morning. I'm going to have a fun Tuesday night. (Monday night is reserved for Mario Kart with my son.)

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 12:54 AM, ImALlama said:

6F1CF3C1-BBCB-425C-B69A-E419C951906D.jpeg

This radio really looks the part I almost bought one last summer but I had not long got my spektrum but had I seen this first this would have been my first choice!......enjoy!

it finally took a pandemic for them to finally release/make this but im glad Mel Brooks' advertisement department made these products it only took them 34yrs  but im glad it finally came in...

IMG_4405a.jpg

oh sorry, forgot i wanted to post some other items i got in today. these come courtesy of MICHEALs TopForce17. parts for the manta ray build

IMG_4400a.jpg

IMG_4401a.jpg

IMG_4403a.jpg

• Like 6

Possibly the strangest way to start amassing parts for a future build...

DSC_0678.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Possibly the strangest way to start amassing parts for a future build...

DSC_0678.jpg

I disagree - you need somewhere to store everything, and there's no point having a scale roofbox to put everything in if you don't have a roofrack/cage to put it on - that would be strange! ;) 

• Haha 1

New dampers came in from PlazaJapan - half the price as UK retailers!

EC0763CE-66F2-4BF8-ADF2-96F5BE853CBE.jpeg

• Like 7

i got more than a few things in today for the manta. 

dog bones 2x, 2x D part trays, the TA02  tub chassis, TG10 wheel axles  2x, yeah racing stainless hardware, Manta body and wing, U shaped shaft. i also got 1/4" masking tape which is equally important for masking. my 3/4" masking tape wont be sufficient for the detail im going to put on the Manta paint job. my Traxxas 4200MAH NIMH battery got in yesterday at my LHS. will pick it up thursday and i know what i might be doing on my 3 days off starting this thursday, my schedule was change for next week to cover a employee that is going on 1 week vacation.

the Eparts were ordered from RCMart today. i got around half or slightly more of the parts in so far. no news/reply regarding the custom stickers yet though...

IMG_4406a.jpg

IMG_4407a.jpg

• Like 6

One down, one to go!

spacer.png

If ANYONE is sat on a pair of 50770 rims, in pack or at least in new condition, PLEASE let me know :D

• Like 2

On 4/19/2021 at 10:18 PM, moffman said:

This radio really looks the part I almost bought one last summer but I had not long got my spektrum but had I seen this first this would have been my first choice!......enjoy!

Yeah same. In the end though I just couldn’t pull myself away from Futaba. I’ve used Futaba since the beginning and it’s always worked without hassle for me and the Flysky Noble although looked great was just to much of an unknown.

How’s it handling @ImALlama?

More boring yet essential stuff.. these wires are perfect for Tamiya battery connectors and Tamiya's motor/ESC bullet connectors.

IMG_Apr212021at23412PM.jpg.07179230e0937e38fc8afd6a01cc30d7.jpg

• Like 1

This:

32-A5-C9-F1-D080-49-E1-94-D7-A2-F4-C7-A3

Shortly before this :
F705837-D-36-BC-44-FE-8249-EC31-CDBBBABC

• Like 9

These have shown up the last couple days, time to wrench.

001(54).jpg

• Like 1

so today the postman bought me another restoration project to add to the many i already have that ive not started! i vintage hpi pro4 touring car!

pro4.thumb.jpg.a53a0c4e8cbefdc93b33e75a27e0b17d.jpg

• Like 2

Parts for the Unimog 425 body

51131076751_d640b5544d_b.jpg

and the Bruiser. The price was too good to resist, still a lot more than a clone but hey  it’s the real deal.

51130401792_e3715bfb96_b.jpg

What an awesome thing! :D

• Like 6

Life is getting in the way of RC time at the moment, so having not ordered anything recently I was surprised to have the red card through the door saying I needed to pick up from the Delivery office.

IMG_2638.jpg

Ordered July 5th 2020

Shipped July 6th 2020

Delivered April 21st 2021

Maybe time to give my CC02 some loving after all :D

• Like 3
  • Confused 2