backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Small crawler for small(ish) child to get to grips with before he graduates to 1:10.

I think I can squeeze in a car this size ino the fleet, another 1:10 will be pushing it!

DSC_0681.jpg

• Like 8

i officially got the first spare part for the Manta, the U shaped shaft. i had received/ordered one separately from RCMart but this pack came with extra goodies including that coat hanger BP7. i can also wash away all my worries about being short on washers and still have plenty more is stock. up to M3 i have 100 each of M2 M2.5 M3. 50 M5 and then around 50 m5, m6 and M8 40x, M10 20x.

IMG_4408.JPG

• Like 7

Nice washer stockpile, nel33.

I got my usual suspects.. drab TS5 and the snap connectors I call Tamiya motor / ESC bullet connectors.   On the Willy restorations I always solder new leads on the motor so this is good to have... and apparently go through them pretty quick so got 3 sets this time to stock up.

IMG_Apr222021at25730PM.jpg.eb0c444a5aaedadea7826b9a111e16fa.jpg

• Like 6

Also arrived moments later.. ultra low profile right angle driver.  I am kind of a tool freak so got moderately excited.  

IMG_Apr222021at42922PM.jpg.9dc81cabbe5762c62e89076b275de8ca.jpg

For this purpose on the M38 Willy.. extremely convenient!  iine~!

IMG_Apr222021at43702PM.jpg.0e59086e5bf359b1c9e7c0d614c42266.jpg

• Like 9

These arrived from Tony's, took just over 3 weeks but oh well.

Must've had a senior moment, as I was meant to order 2 of the spacers and 3 of the hinge pins,🤦‍♂️ guess I forgot to adjust the quantity...

nahDdbv.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Also arrived moments later.. ultra low profile right angle driver.  I am kind of a tool freak so got moderately excited.  

IMG_Apr222021at42922PM.jpg.9dc81cabbe5762c62e89076b275de8ca.jpg

For this purpose on the M38 Willy.. extremely convenient!  iine~!

IMG_Apr222021at43702PM.jpg.0e59086e5bf359b1c9e7c0d614c42266.jpg

More tools I now want :lol:

I'm very lucky to have a large double garage, but since putting shelving and benches down the sides to create a work area and storage for tools the space is vastly running out... why can't someone invent a TARDIS for us all to buy!

P.S. we totally need a tool thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Aerobert said:

My very first Tamiya tool:

IMG20210423155416_compress79.thumb.jpg.d5b10e524e60c691e48a4a01143c92b0.jpg

Tamiya tools are great. 👍

• Like 4

a new set of nos hornet damper cylinders as the others are leaking

a set of narrow hex hubs to try on my stadium blitzer with the wide wheels that i have on

IMG_20210423_150121.jpg

• Like 2

It's been a good week for the hard-to-finds, two deliveries turning up from random punts taken on European model shops and one eBay order

After the pair of 50770 rims that turned up from the Netherlands on Wednesday, today this little lot arrived from Switzerland and eBay

spacer.png

Three bits of bodywork for a Mini Cooper Monte Carlo M-03, and a Carbon Reinforced deck for my FF-03 project. The stickers were from eBay, the other items all listed as 'Out of Stock but can be ordered', all of which I thought "yeah, right!" but gave it a crack anyway. Result :D

So I've got everything I need for the Mini, and just another pair of 50770s away from the FF-03 build

• Like 3

got an offroad car delivered this week. settled on a SSD Trail King.

IMG-1213.jpg

• Like 5

Continuing my current “street car” interest, and as I ended up with a spare Delta Integrale bodyset, I figured another TT chassis to sit under it was the go, found this pretty cheap at RCJaz, along with some eastern bling. Grabbed some Tamiya JIS drivers while I was at it

51135034329_6be4ad91c3_k.jpg

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Aerobert said:

My very first Tamiya tool:

IMG20210423155416_compress79.thumb.jpg.d5b10e524e60c691e48a4a01143c92b0.jpg

Unlikely to be your last 😃 

They’re really handy scissors those...as are the polycarbonate ones 👍

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 6:57 AM, nel33 said:

i officially got the first spare part for the Manta, the U shaped shaft. i had received/ordered one separately from RCMart but this pack came with extra goodies including that coat hanger BP7. i can also wash away all my worries about being short on washers and still have plenty more is stock. up to M3 i have 100 each of M2 M2.5 M3. 50 M5 and then around 50 m5, m6 and M8 40x, M10 20x.

IMG_4408.JPG

Where are those washers from? The containers look the same as the screws I got from Banggood, i need those. 

On 4/23/2021 at 6:35 PM, berman said:

These arrived from Tony's, took just over 3 weeks but oh well.

Must've had a senior moment, as I was meant to order 2 of the spacers and 3 of the hinge pins,🤦‍♂️ guess I forgot to adjust the quantity...

nahDdbv.jpg

At least shipping from Tony is reasonable...

17 hours ago, toyolien said:

Tamiya tools are great. 👍

1 hour ago, Juhunio said:

Unlikely to be your last 😃 

They’re really handy scissors those...as are the polycarbonate ones 👍

I've tried those scissors last night and they are great. Very precise working possible.👍

3 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Where are those washers from? The containers look the same as the screws I got from Banggood, i need those. 

im not sure what the shipping cost will be for you but i got them from Amazon. honestly its a bit overkill but with those washers being so tiny it doesnt hurt. i thnk that are boxes that might have a lower total washer count somewhere in the 360x range but its nto that hard to find that listing on amazon though the pack i got has 100x of the smaller sizes

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073PVFSC1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thanks @Willy iine

it might've cost more than buying several packets from RC mart but cant beat the shipping time with amazon lately. plus i think i got a few spares stored in that box...

• Like 1

@nel33 - I thought that box looked familiar because several weeks ago I bought a set of M2 screws from Amazon and it came in the the same packaging as yours!

Unfortunatly for me, the M2 screw heads were slightly larger diameter  than Tamiya's so could not use it on my Willy body except for the rear bottom exterior screws.   It did come in handy for other RC related projects, however.   

30 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@nel33 - I thought that box looked familiar because several weeks ago I bought a set of M2 screws from Amazon and it came in the the same packaging as yours!

Unfortunatly for me, the M2 screw heads were slightly larger diameter  than Tamiya's so could not use it on my Willy body except for the rear bottom exterior screws.   It did come in handy for other RC related projects, however.   

that sucks the screws were a bit too wide for Tamiya...

i did get the Yeah Racing screw set so i should be fine with most Tamiya kits

• Thanks 1

Finally got round to getting a new receiver from spektum to swop the futaba 4yf i have in my grand hauler  got it for s grest price with one of eBay's offers. This does away with yhe bind plug and also had no aerial either

IMG_20210424_141438.jpg

Something looking like a piece of the ISS had fell out of orbit was on my doorstep this morning. Fortunately it contained two cockpit sets from Juhunio rather than lethal radiation and hydrazine.

Thanks again dude!

Resized_20210424_145657_3456.jpeg

Resized_20210424_145711_3904.jpeg

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Something looking like a piece of the ISS had fell out of orbit was on my doorstep this morning. Fortunately it contained two cockpit sets from Juhunio rather than lethal radiation and hydrazine.

Thanks again dude!

Ha! My pleasure, enjoy the space waste :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nel33 said:

that sucks the screws were a bit too wide for Tamiya...

i did get the Yeah Racing screw set so i should be fine with most Tamiya kits

Going to check out the Yeah Racing screw sets.  Thanks for the tip!

1 hour ago, topforcein said:

Finally got round to getting a new receiver from spektum to swop the futaba 4yf i have in my grand hauler  got it for s grest price with one of eBay's offers. This does away with yhe bind plug and also had no aerial either

IMG_20210424_141438.jpg

Nice!  I only run the basic 2 channel on my Willy's, but even those have telemetry for the receiver pack voltage now.  For me comes in handy when I'm doing a mechanical speed controller vintage run.   I too definitely enjoy NOT having a binding plug anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Nice!  I only run the basic 2 channel on my Willy's, but even those have telemetry for the receiver pack voltage now.  For me comes in handy when I'm doing a mechanical speed controller vintage run.   I too definitely enjoy NOT having a binding plug anymore.

i think i have the spektrum 2 or 3 channel on in either my wild willie or honda turbo also

• Like 1