backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

6 minutes ago, moffman said:

A genuine unbuilt willy's wheeler! Beautiful😍 and I'm so glad your going to build it! Got to see that fully built?

Thanks.   I'm still undecided whether I should do the box art or not.  I'm looking at getting a WR02C one as well to decide what body to run.   I may just spray it pure white and keep the red/blue decals off until the day I want to commit.   

I regretted ever selling this:

43756099110_3a09f0858b_b.jpg

TL01. I put CVA dampers on it to sell, originally it had the Pink 53155 alloy dampers on.

Well, 3 years on I've been slowly buying parts at astronomical cost to replace this build (thanks no doubt to Covid bumping up prices during lockdown, too!)

An important piece of the puzzle arrived this week:

51208219470_4f40654806_b.jpg

There was also a bunch of parts for my TA05 and the Kawada mesh 'wide' wheels for my Porsche GT2, which I definitely didn't need but were too cheap to pass up!

• Like 5

Got another steering servo to replace the one marked for the TD. The lunchbox didn't have a servo so I borrowed that one and now an extra has arrived for the TD. Hopefully I don't need to borrow any more servos but I might order another for a spare.

• Like 1

I’ve been having a hard time painting larger objects, like M38 bodies and Pajero because it won’t fit under my paint workstation with magnifying glass. 

I am getting old and my eyes are not working like it use to, and the recent Pajero build was a huge challenge painting the blinker and tail lights .

So got this and will give it a try.  It only goes up to 3.5x so not sure how effective but at least I can see what I am painting. 

IMG_May282021at61802PM.jpg.f19e828f09868821ba36e6606e51adbf.jpg

IMG_May282021at61824PM.jpg.c10b054fd92323b3c9ccb21271de92a5.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/29/2021 at 6:01 AM, Klausen said:

Acto-Power Pink

Got a Dyna Storm that's going into or something different?

Very surprise Parcelforce delivery today considering it's a bank holiday weekend Sunday. Delighted to have tracked one of these down, all the way from the Netherlands

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Juhunio said:

spacer.png

There's a slight blue thing going on there🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, djmcnz said:

Got a Dyna Storm that's going into or something different?

Not at the moment. But might go into a Frog. 

43 minutes ago, svenb said:

There's a slight blue thing going on there🤔

🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Deleted 

Edited by Willy iine
Deleted for double post

Nothing exciting but necessities..

Tape, one time use brushes (for rough stuff), and wax thread lock.  

IMG_May302021at123648PM.jpg.4e72a43ca844cc824f495d0e0fac4a7b.jpg

Got my Fibrelyte bits aswell as my Tamico order today :) 

DSC02967-1.jpg

Fibrelyte carbon bits for the CTE FF01 conversion. More in the builds section of the forum.

And now from Tamico the following:
Tamiya NSX body for racing my TA04, TRF414 or something else.. we'll see!
Protoform Spec6 body again for racing on one of my (vintage) touringcars. I have a Kawada Sigma II that could be great with this body
Tamiya Esso Ultraflo Supra body. It's slightly different than the re-release TOM'S 2000 Supra and I need this particular one for an AMS decalset I have
Bunch of TA01/2 bits for restorations and a new runner for racing to compare against my TA01 runner. It will get 3D printed M's Racing from Shapeways parts to install the TB03 front bumper and TRF418 rollbars onto the TA01/2 chassis :) 

DSC02956-1.jpg

DSC02960-1.jpg

DSC02957-1.jpg

DSC02963-1.jpg

DSC02965-1.jpg

• Like 3

finally got 0ne key piece of the Manta, got a suitable pinion gear in today after too long of a process and wait with 2 different orders. the aluminum wheel hexes arent for any particular kit, the small screws to tighten the hex nuts are the reason i got that set for some extra screws. i can atleast start building the chassis when i have the time for it.

IMG_4528a.jpg

• Like 1

Finally, my 3650 brushless motor arrived.

the story behind this motor is… in January I sold my TBLM01 8T brushless motor from my FF03 on ebay for 100$.

Decided to buy a replacement motor for the FF03. Found this on ebay… I can truly say, this is the cheapest motor on the internet worldwide!

paid 19$ for it including worldwide shipping. Even banggood cant compete to this offer! 
I did wait two months for it and it did not arrive, so I opened a dispute to the seller. He refunded me and now it has been 4months and the motor arrived. For free.

LNSHXVb.jpg

• Like 1

Got my Robinson Racing 0.6 mod 18T pinion gear in today. It's a bit shorter than the Kyosho one I recently ordered but both should fit well.

• Like 1

XB Wheeler (RTR) and TS paints.  

I wanted one City with the original box art so got one Tamiya painted.   It’s not a bad paint job, but going to add some more details on the driver figure and make it mine.  

IMG_Jun22021at50028PM.jpg.5b23fe6763a63b76f74217739d612453.jpg

I might buy one more City before said and done.  

• Like 3

got some squishy upgrades for the lunch box to make the tires better.

IMG_4529.JPG

I've been needing some silvercans as we are wearing them all out. My wife doesn't believe me that if you wear a motor out then you have to buy a new kit to get a new motor. Those hobbyking ones for $7 look great but shipping is a killer. But, if you buy 3 motors and 2 TS D99X servos the shipping cost doesn't seem so bad. 3 days from Hong Kong to NZ

• Haha 1

Today the postie dropped off a couple of items 

A molotow chrome pen

2 top force j12 alloy posts already replaced one on my original top force these 2 are for the evo and the 2017 re re

1622720747796-237144241.jpg

• Like 1