backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

7 minutes ago, Ministrone said:

Believe it or not this is a first for me but I got bored waiting for my Thunder Dragon to arrive.

E893149D-F634-44D2-BD91-A465A85614A9.jpeg

I really need to get myself a Grasshopper

• Like 1

got 2/3 goodies in today. apparently the movie Mafia! was delivered yesterday but i have yet to find where they dropped the package off  in the mail box area....... gonna check again but there arrrrrhhhh pirates once in a while hiding the treacherous carpet seas.

that aside the big items came in: step screws and lunchbox steering arm :).

IMG_4559.JPG

• Like 7

Thank you Plaza Japan!

D3A845FD-C31A-408D-B9CF-588D0941528E.jpg

A couple of Tamiya tools to go with my recently purchased MIP hexes.

I’m sure I need some clamp hexes (not sure what for) and some more tyres!

• Like 7

Been wanting one for years. B)

Fighting-Buggy-NIB.md.jpg

Screenprintdigital sticker set on its way too. :)

• Like 8

Got the one way for the Wild Willy build in today!

818EC369-C840-4585-B250-FB44BDE9D53D.jpe

• Like 4

I am not super fussed about the late model M-chassis bodies, but will probably get them (Mazda Demio, Toyota Yaris GR, etc etc) just for posterity and paint practice, hence why I bought this... it was half price ($30nzd) and a fiver to ship 🤷‍♂️ Meh, may as well!

LVXv7JH.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, berman said:

I am not super fussed about the late model M-chassis bodies, but will probably get them (Mazda Demio, Toyota Yaris GR, etc etc) just for posterity and paint practice, hence why I bought this... it was half price ($30nzd) and a fiver to ship 🤷‍♂️ Meh, may as well!

LVXv7JH.jpg

What body is that?

I'm with you on the bodies. We don't see the hot hatches much, its pretty much just Golfs down here now right? Go back 20 odd years and there were so many options and a lot of difference between them. The club doesn't run M chassis anymore but last year they seemed to be swifts and demios which don't really do it for me, I wonder why Tamiya even bothered making the moulds...

• Like 1

A lovely carbon chassis for an upcoming Super Hotshot build. Stay tuned...

20210624_123156.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, toyolien said:

A lovely carbon chassis for an upcoming Super Hotshot build. Stay tuned...

20210624_123156.jpg

That is my favorite color.  :lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

That is my favorite color.  :lol:

Me too. This is going to be a club racer for a bit of fun👍

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Never got round to getting the regular GH2 so this will do nicely. This one is better looking too IMO. B)

20210624_191015.jpg

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

What body is that?

I'm with you on the bodies. We don't see the hot hatches much, its pretty much just Golfs down here now right? Go back 20 odd years and there were so many options and a lot of difference between them. The club doesn't run M chassis anymore but last year they seemed to be swifts and demios which don't really do it for me, I wonder why Tamiya even bothered making the moulds...

It's the Swift 🤣 Yeah even I don't really like the new ones, but I thought 30 bucks... 

Yeah I don't think barely any hatches are hot nowadays, not like they used to be.

It's a common thing with models, the car manufacturers all want their latest greatest moulded to boost sales, only some are keen on letting their back catalogue be made.

There is still a big bunch of the older m-chassis bodies I want, just trying to get them without paying crackhead prices.

• Like 1

Huh, another batch came in today.. 

My usual 1060 and Spektrum RX and in-line duct fan and flange.  I’m going to be making a mini paint booth for the basement for when I don’t want to set up my full blown temporary paint booth in my mud room just to paint something small, like Willy’s helmet..

I have to say AC Infinity makes the best vent fans.  I installed their larger digitally programmable exhaust fan in my 900+ sq ft garage and it can circulate out all air within 10 min.  Super for when I paint in the mud room and suction out through a large filter into the garage.  Absolutely no smell of lacquer inside the house.

IMG_Jun252021at10828PM.jpg

I also received my junker M38 my wife bought me.  She found it somewhere and bought it for me.  It's missing a lot of parts and body is severely broken, but chassis is not drilled nor altered in any way so that is a huge plus.  The rest, nothing I can't fix.. I hope.. :blink: :lol:

• Like 2

On 19 June 2021 at 5:18 AM, Cynan said:

Yay!  But why is it upside down 🤣

E9E182DA-8D63-4589-AC69-C59EA21CDD0D.jpeg

You got the Australian model :P . ... 

• Haha 3

For whatever reason all but one of my pre-orders from Tower arrived this month, roughly a week apart.  Been getting progressively more questionable looks from the wife as they roll in.  Still have a Black Grasshopper II on backorder, and that should have me set for the rest of the year for kits!     

20210628_105754.jpg

• Like 6

These nice bits for a TB05 R build 

Pity you won't be able to see them when fitted! 

IMG_20210628_184555~2.jpg

• Like 4

Ive been buying some hop ups for a Kyosho TF3 touring car kit. Last month I grabbed a nib Lotus GT1 kit that appeared on ebay and had a look at some upgrades for it. I havent built a Kyosho touring car since my original GP mantis back in 1995 so this should make a nice change. Considering its a kit from 1997 its got full ball bearings, alloy dampers, turn buckles, frp chassis plates and a steel pinion out of the box. When compared to Tamiyas touring car offerings at the time which I would assume was the TA03 it is definitely better specced. Im also surprised how many hop up parts are available for the TF3 and how reasonably priced they were (the kyosho carbon shock towers were £6 each)

So far ive got the above mentioned carbon shock towers, an alloy motor mount, a front bumper and the 23t kspeed motor thats shown on the box and manual pics.

And best of all from a hobby shop somewhere in France....... a two speed transmission kit!!!!! No idea how that works yet and im assuming badly otherwise every touring car kit would have one right? But should make the build a bit different to normal.

Resized_20210628_212250_2951.jpeg

Resized_20210628_212200_3480.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Ive been buying some hop ups for a Kyosho TF3 touring car kit. Last month I grabbed a nib Lotus GT1 kit that appeared on ebay and had a look at some upgrades for it. I havent built a Kyosho touring car since my original GP mantis back in 1995 so this should make a nice change. Considering its a kit from 1997 its got full ball bearings, alloy dampers, turn buckles, frp chassis plates and a steel pinion out of the box. When compared to Tamiyas touring car offerings at the time which I would assume was the TA03 it is definitely better specced. Im also surprised how many hop up parts are available for the TF3 and how reasonably priced they were (the kyosho carbon shock towers were £6 each)

So far ive got the above mentioned carbon shock towers, an alloy motor mount, a front bumper and the 23t kspeed motor thats shown on the box and manual pics.

And best of all from a hobby shop somewhere in France....... a two speed transmission kit!!!!! No idea how that works yet and im assuming badly otherwise every touring car kit would have one right? But should make the build a bit different to normal.

Resized_20210628_212250_2951.jpeg

Resized_20210628_212200_3480.jpeg

Doing a build thread mate? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, svenb said:

Doing a build thread mate? 

Actually thats not a bad shout. I dont think ive ever seen a build of one of these before so could be of interest. I need to get to grips with the photo hosting thing first as im still on the 4mb upload limit so I have to convert all of my pics to potato vision sms messages to myself before uploading.

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2021 at 7:13 PM, Wandy said:

Never got round to getting the regular GH2 so this will do nicely. This one is better looking too IMO. B)

20210624_191015.jpg

Just taken delivery of one of these too. I have the Grasshopper Black Edition in my fleet, so having the GHII Black Edition to keep it company made sense. Mine is going to be built up with a Torque Tuned motor, steel 18t pinion, bearings and an AmPro transmission brace, but will otherwise be stock apart from some spacers in the front shocks to get the camber to be neutral at rest. What plans do you have for yours?

• Like 1