backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

4 hours ago, svenb said:

These nice bits for a TB05 R build 

Pity you won't be able to see them when fitted! 

Nice find! They always seem to be sold out when I look.

19 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Nice find! They always seem to be sold out when I look.

Took some finding, ATA in Poland 

• Thanks 1

Just some paints and masking tape, and damper boots. .. and also not pictured, but got panels of air filters (6pack) I use in my paint booth.  I go through them so fast.. 

IMG_Jun282021at60537PM.jpg.01945fefb06092000a5ba0b3036539c4.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you @dannymulder, it feels like there's nearly a whole truck in here!

DSC_1367.jpg

Now, to upgrade the Dual Hunter or build a WT-01...?

• Like 3

This bundle has some larger shock towers and GMade XD dampers which can be added to the standard Dual Hunter chassis without much (if any) modification.

I'd love to do a custom chassis like this

but I lack the skills and time!

I have three Dual Hunters, one of them will likely get treated to these upgrades. Though I could delete one gearbox from a Dual Hunter, go 2WD and maybe have enough spares in this box to make a whole new truck! my son loves his Dual Hunter (whichever of the three is running at that time), I don't know if he'd love 2WD more....

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

This bundle has some larger shock towers and GMade XD dampers which can be added to the standard Dual Hunter chassis without much (if any) modification.

I'd love to do a custom chassis like this

but I lack the skills and time!

I have three Dual Hunters, one of them will likely get treated to these upgrades. Though I could delete one gearbox from a Dual Hunter, go 2WD and maybe have enough spares in this box to make a whole new truck! my son loves his Dual Hunter (whichever of the three is running at that time), I don't know if he'd love 2WD more....

There is almost a whole truck in there, the gmade dampers are the correct lenght and the longer towers just bolts on to the chassis no need to mod, if you have a spare gearbox and some wheels and body you can make and whole truck out of it , there are 2 sets of high speed gears in there that you can use with a 23 or 25 tooth pinion.

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2021 at 11:11 PM, TurnipJF said:

Just taken delivery of one of these too. I have the Grasshopper Black Edition in my fleet, so having the GHII Black Edition to keep it company made sense. Mine is going to be built up with a Torque Tuned motor, steel 18t pinion, bearings and an AmPro transmission brace, but will otherwise be stock apart from some spacers in the front shocks to get the camber to be neutral at rest. What plans do you have for yours?

Mine will just be a shelfer to be honest. I have a Hornet that is a runner and I only need one from this chassis-type as a runner. And let's face it, the GH2 and Super Hornet are basically just a slight facelift on the originals. I will get a Super Hornet re-release when it eventually gets the re-re treatment.

I also have the Grasshopper 1 Black Edition. :)

• Like 1

Did someone say black edition?!? 

51280508747_68827cb36d_b.jpg

Just couldn’t help it :P

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Replacement parts! (old and busted on the left vs. the shiny new hotness on the right)

new_diff_gears_063021.jpg

• Like 2

Set of M07 anti roll bars, and another set for a TA06 that I'm hoping to fit on an XV01 LD build (why they don't include the rod stoppers with the TA06 set I'll never know...)

Quite pleased to get these - not seen XV01 anti-roll bars in stock anywhere for at least 12 months I don't think. 

IMG_20210701_134003.jpg

• Like 4

i was hoping to get the Mafia! movie in today though the improved lunchbox steering arm was due soon also. i was waiting for the call and got it.  one small package for me, one giant relief to me. the movie will come in the next few days. the steering arms were a p2p delivery and i was worried about that. last time a Fedex courier delivered an item of mine they handed it off to a rando thief without checking ID. the DHL courier made sure to check my ID :).

going to make some progress on the manta today but im happy i can now progress on the lunchie.

IMG_4568.JPG

• Like 3

A bunch of bits for my Hopped-Up M-05 Mini, I got more than I needed, including stuff I subsequently found I already owned, that's what happens when you have a few vinos before going RC parts shopping! Oh, and I blame @berman for this (not the drinking!).

2021_M05_Bits.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

A trip to the lhs to collect opel calibra v6

Plus manta ray d parts and heat shrink a spool of wire and clips

IMG_20210702_191933.jpg

IMG_20210702_191950.jpg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, djmcnz said:

A bunch of bits for my Hopped-Up M-05 Mini, I got more than I needed, including stuff I subsequently found I already owned, that's what happens when you have a few vinos before going RC parts shopping! Oh, and I blame @berman for this (not the drinking!).

2021_M05_Bits.jpg

Awesome haul! Have been eyeing up those servo screws and servo cap for a while but not in stock at my usuals.

Lol to be honest you could have pinned me for the drink too 😊

Postie brought me this (body/wheels/tyres) from a really nice chap in the deep South. It wasn't even up for an hour. Was considering stripping it if that paint job wasn't that good, but it has a sort of white haze under the paint, and the paint is quite thick. I might clean up the bleed through on the windows,  and maybe ratrod or weather it on the outside... wheels are cool, nicely modded. Grabbed some spare tyres off him also.

I have also purchased another M04 chassis with hop ups, so this will most likely go on that. 🤫

Dn9u5KW.jpg

E9XbnAp.jpg

• Like 11

36 minutes ago, berman said:

E9XbnAp.jpg

That is looking so cool. It would be great if you could post some close ups from the wheels to see the mods.

Two nondescript envelopes arrived today, one containing a sheet of dark grey self adhesive vinyl, the other containing a Y-lead. These were the last two items I needed to complete my Sherp-esque GF-01 shell, so come the end of my current shift cycle, I ought to be able to get that done. 😀🚐

• Like 3

On 7/3/2021 at 8:47 AM, Aerobert said:

That is looking so cool. It would be great if you could post some close ups from the wheels to see the mods.

They are glued unfortunately. If you think of an RC wheel, it has four bead walls, two internal, two external that the tyre bead sits in. 

This is what it appears to me has happened: the fronts have had the inside outer bead sectioned off and glued to the outer face, giving the impression of a deeper dish. The rears have had the inner bead left in tact, but another inside outer section bead glued to the outer face. The front and rear are the same offset, but the rear is wider because it has the inside outer seaction bead left on, and an outer face added. I think in all honesty to get these the way they are, and the clean cut on the wheels, it has been made out of two sets of the beetle wheels. I hope that makes sense?

• Thanks 1

6 months waiting its finally here. Im not building it anytime soon and may even flip down the road. 

C3E6AAA3-6069-4C9E-BA9D-5CBBF8F2173B.jpeg

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

6 months waiting its finally here. Im not building it anytime soon and may even flip down the road. 

Build it!

21 minutes ago, Cynan said:

Build it!

I may, my wife said to keep it and build it in the winter which i may do. 

• Like 2

Postman bought my new TRF collection 

I wanted to show it but all my photos are more like 7mb each instead of the maximum 1.7mb upload limit. 
how the heck am i supposed to

upload a pic with that!? 

2 hours ago, Cynan said:

Build it!

3 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

This kit has been such a strange release. We all craved it for years and every other person who got one immediately sold it . I can’t understand it . I almost sold mine but something made me change my mind and I’m glad as I am now intending to race it on Astro at coastal rc club. I have some big bore Tamiya dampers for it . I should really buy another kit for spares . You interested in a trade for rere egress/ 2001 and super astute? 

• Like 3