backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

So after I had a hissy fit and left the hobby, I'm back after all of 5 minutes away. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I sold all my cars, apart from the 787b, which was looking kinda lonely so I picked up another 90's Japanese legend to go with it B)

Screenshot_20210720-110834-162.png.15338ac411fa2a11835edb2a435d9f9b.png

TL01 so nothing too complicated to rebuild.

With the Mazda Screenshot_20210720-110911-681.png.fc30675453a5efd53b1eb431b96dce04.png

• Like 14

Got 2 Billy’s today.  Will mount on Willy bodies and place in future one-off cars.  :lol:

IMG_Jul202021at115458AM.jpg

• Like 2

got a package from the future, approximately 1000yrs into the future. i wonder what it could be???

IMG_4646a.jpg

its some goodies for the manta setup

the battery and 1080 ESC is set to arrive within 2 weeks but i need to make progress so i can actually install the electronics first... but finishing the lunchie takes precedence.

IMG_4647a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@Willy iine is there any reason why you purchase Billy instead of Willy? Is it because you scrap the existing Willy head and replace with a fresh Billy?

Postman brought me a part from Hong Kong that took over two months.  I already got a refund for it three weeks ago...

Terry

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

@Willy iine is there any reason why you purchase Billy instead of Willy? Is it because you scrap the existing Willy head and replace with a fresh Billy?

Actually I have never thrown out a Willy head in my life because I restore them and after so many hours and effort painting them it's like I inject them a part of my soul.   :lol:   I actually cherish each and every Willy (and Billy and Bob) heads I paint.  

The reason why I have more Willy bodies than heads right now is because I made a few non-driver figures like this..  

IMG_Jun152021at80457PM.thumb.jpg.7a48a5fd9610c0ea66f5823f29eb01ad.jpgIMG_Jun212021at82737AM.jpg.ec1fb0af51d49dbf36267151c124b3c5.jpg

• Like 6

The last two pieces of the puzzle...

IMG_20210720_165723710.thumb.jpg.cebfa98dd1e7dcde98170f88892efce3.jpg

I can start my Bruiser build any time now. :D

• Like 7

I’m too lazy to make multiple trips in and out of my house, and my team trinity bag from the 90s is in rough shape so I ordered this to carry my postal racers. Also got a bag to keep my noble nb4 looking new, which isn’t too hard atm since I haven’t used it yet but one day I will

6462DE0E-D84B-45D8-B583-4E2A0039BF3D.jpeg

• Like 5

Hot of the press.. Just got the Quadtrack.  Looks awesome!  No plans to build it yet, but getting it while you can! 

spacer.png

• Like 6

The E-Clips are here which I forgot on the last purchase, and some other minor stuff to justify postage.:D

IMG20210720163218_compress98.thumb.jpg.2f0e760c4d0efcfc03b4b5b736cdfa1c.jpg

• Like 7

I don't know who it is, but someone out there must really like me!!!!

IMG_1830.thumb.JPG.c77e65c3dcaa3d711a770df9622dae2f.JPG

What am I saying - I know exactly who it is - it's me!!!! :wub:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

20 hours ago, nel33 said:

got a package from the future, approximately 1000yrs into the future. i wonder what it could be???

IMG_4646a.jpg

A pizza by any chance? Not sure why you hid your address, we know you live at 405 West 43rd St.

We also know your real name... :lol:

• Haha 2

The top deck for the Top Force was delivered today from Tonys Tamiya Parts. In fact I had to pick it up from the post office because I had to pay customs and a handling fee. Which was almost the same what I had paid for the top deck including postage.

• Sad 4

Last bits needed to start the TA08 build arrived :D

Super excited to have a proper TC again, spent the morning pouring over the BRCA rules so I can get a body ordered, luckily already have a blinky legal ESC / motor to go in. Did find out that none of my Lipos are legal, though I'm sure they will be fine at club level which is where I'll be for a while anyway I think.

IMG_20210720_172028~2.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

A pizza by any chance? Not sure why you hid your address, we know you live at 405 West 43rd St.

We also know your real name... :lol:

I forgot what it was, I waited a bit on a chair then suddenly felt rather cold... I think I was pranked by some stupid kid on the phone.

• Haha 1

A pinion arrived today to allow me to go brushless with my FTX Outlaw.

I am due to go LiPo too but my second hand bargain charger is yet to arrive :(.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aerobert said:

The top deck for the Top Force was delivered today from Tonys Tamiya Parts. In fact I had to pick it up from the post office because I had to pay customs and a handling fee. Which was almost the same what I had paid for the top deck including postage.

Sorry to hear about your fees.  :(

How is Tony's Tamiya Parts?  I see them on eBay with a 100% score.. are they really that good?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

How is Tony's Tamiya Parts?  I see them on eBay with a 100% score.. are they really that good?

Tony is great.  I've ordered quite a bit from him and I'm down in NZ.  Shipping is generally included in the price, his prices are very competitive and the service is fast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Tony is great.  I've ordered quite a bit from him and I'm down in NZ.  Shipping is generally included in the price, his prices are very competitive and the service is fast.

Thanks,  I will give him a try next time!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks,  I will give him a try next time!

Yep, another vouch for Tony, ordered stuff to Aus with out issue

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

The service and prices are very good. Can't say any negative about Tony. The fees are new and I didn't know about them. So that's my fault.

• Like 1

My custom parts arrived from Fibre-Lyte! Camber/Caster plate for a TT-02! I'll try to make a bit if a build or write up on these if anyone of interested.

PXL_20210722_040023277.jpg

• Like 6

Never seen or heard of this before so looking forward to getting into tonight and not watching reruns of Tamiya Legends!!

4EDC8D17-DCDC-4E7A-83D0-A2728611E1DF.jpeg

• Like 11