backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

New arrival!

to program my Max10 ESC, going in to my Outlaw (pinion arrived yesterday)

BFA641FF-A297-42A4-B569-49D41BD68A49.jpg

• Like 6

Been tempted by one of these for a while, but held off till now. TA08 delayed till at least September now, Fire Dragon not in sight, then eBay throw a 20% voucher, I couldn’t resist :D

23451919-EB6B-4A18-B540-B54BD786169C.jpg

Waiting on the electrics now, and possibly the rainy weather that‘s forecast

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

<sings> Goin’ LiPo down in Aca..oh no…

846D2BC4-A8AA-4DB4-9FD7-39118315039A.jpg

i got talk'd into one of these at my lhs around 5 year back and tbh i thought its to technical for me as i have a prob remembering stuff but i have not gone wrong with it yet 

• Like 1

Last CC02 upgrade, can finally get rid of the cheap Carson shocks on the G500!

17425250_IMG_20210723_1720282.thumb.jpg.39ca007c1882c113aa86c19ccc99d6e0.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, topforcein said:

i got talk'd into one of these at my lhs around 5 year back and tbh i thought its to technical for me as i have a prob remembering stuff but i have not gone wrong with it yet 

I’m a bit like that, going to have to write myself a step by step guide!

It was easy with my Nimh charger, the dial sat at one setting, no need to touch anything!

• Like 1

Our central air was unused because the disconnect was broken.  An electrician quoted $225.  

I installed it myself, (even added a ground wire) and saved that money. 

qgGyYdB.jpg

My wife happily agreed that I could spend that money anyway I like (except for using it on some younger woman, of course).  

p7XlOYp.jpg

MF01X was only about $130.  So I got a Toyota FJ Landcruiser shell and a static kit too. 

T2WFvob.jpg

Lesson in life: milk every penny if you fix what your wife wants!  (But be very lazy first. She'll get estimates to know how expensive it is to fix stuff. Strike a bargain with her. Then you'll be motivated to look up 2 dozen videos on Youtube like I did...)  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

Been tempted by one of these for a while, but held off till now. TA08 delayed till at least September now, Fire Dragon not in sight, then eBay throw a 20% voucher, I couldn’t resist :D

@jupitertwo Please do a build thread. I'm really tempted by one of these, but keep hearing about broken axle cases and bend shock shafts...

7 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

A little jealous here as I used to get eBay 20% off all the time and then one day they just stopped.  Everything I get now is on refurbished items.  Got done good Traxxas deals with the 20% coupons.

• Like 1

This immaculate (looks unused) M04 turned up after nearly one month from Singapore, just before we were about to head out the door to head to Auckland. Missus intercepted it at the door and looks around at me and goes "This parcel isn't for me..." then as I unwrapped it, I got the "Oh is that your birthday present?" 😐😐😐

7ZL6nTt.jpg

FvKDd9c.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, berman said:

then as I unwrapped it, I got the "Oh is that your birthday present?"

Of which you obviously replied,

“Yes Darling, one of them. The rest have yet to come”

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Of which you obviously replied,

“Yes Darling, one of them. The rest have yet to come”

Wouldnt be my wife if she wasnt trying to get out of buying me a gift 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

it's been a tough few weeks lately, all work and no play. So well, bit of a lucky day, I saw this listed on eBay, $165 AUD, pickup only, and had been built, but didn't look like it had bee run yet. The body is sitting low as the clips aren't in properly. 

recent-purchases-2021_07_24-1.jpeg

The seller also had this, a D90, NIB, and only for $185 AUD, so a good score I thought. It also come with a set of rubber sealed bearings :D 

recent-purchases-2021_07_24-2.jpeg

I picked up and paid cash, and the seller also said he'd had a some extra things to give me as he was clearing things out, and to my surprise it was this Subaru,

recent-purchases-2021_07_24-3.jpeg

recent-purchases-2021_07_24-4.jpeg

and more amazingly, this as well. I don't know who the driver that was put with it though, looks like he's from another Tamiya kit. This is a Gmade Sawback I think, but not too sure which version (anyone have any idea?). Needless to say, I was pretty happy to get one, its been on my wish list for quite sometime, but kinda out of my price range. I wanted one to put with an Aoshima FJ40 body I have :D 

It looks like its never been used either. Axles at the rear a loose though, the wheel and centre shaft slides out from the rear, so will have to check that out.

recent-purchases-2021_07_24-5.jpeg

recent-purchases-2021_07_24-6.jpeg

• Like 16

Technically my postie only dropped off the replacement brushless speed controller because I toasted the one in my monster beetle so it arrived while I was out at my LHS buying some electric cleaner but low and behold he had one classic optima left and it was a good returning loyal customer price.......how could I refuse🤷‍♂️ I regretted selling my one I had a few years ago I loved the colour scheme I did so this one is going to be the same but version 2 it should compliment my turbo optima?

20210724_140501.jpg

IMG_20160501_084059.jpg

• Like 15

Paid $25 in customs/duties today and got my package, it was a tad bit heavy but the good kind. The 1080 esc and 5000MAH NIMH XT60 battery came in. I can now procrastinate all I want on starting up my electric soldering iron to practice and create some xt60-Tamiya connectors all I want... I will be clear to start on the Manta tub when I work up the time/Will to do so.

IMG_4693.JPG

• Like 3

A good varied set of deliveries today:

A8FF6FB5-8795-4344-8D6A-794D5F5CF05A.jpg

C10 body for my SCX10 III as I've come to dislike the JL body. Choice of paint scheme I think, so I'll be more careful this time.

Motor, ESC, 2 Servos and a receiver for my Ryft kit to build.

Servo for a touring car build

GT86 body from @RedHornet, destined for my TB05D I expect.

• Like 4

Holy Dooley @yogi-bear, that makes all the hard work worth it 👍🏻
I must say I quite like the low slung G-Wagon, potential drifter 🤔

So now the cataloguing job just got longer, and  the clear out’s on hold 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Holy Dooley @yogi-bear, that makes all the hard work worth it 👍🏻
I must say I quite like the low slung G-Wagon, potential drifter 🤔

So now the cataloguing job just got longer, and  the clear out’s on hold 😉

cheers, yeah, no chance of reducing the count until I can get the garage sorted, and that's gonna take a while! Meanwhile I have downloaded a program called Home Inventory that I try and use to catalogue what I have. I'm pretty sure I'm just over 130 cars now :huh:

The G-Wagon body is going to get replaced for a Subaru Forrester body I have, and get painted metallic red as per the one I use to own.

• Like 4

My favorite transmitter! Have 3 of them now. Cheap and good performance. Can get 2 of these for the price of the futaba rxs that I have for my futaba model memory tx. 

5C5C17CB-52AA-4C80-8385-6B7CA772C34A.jpeg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Awesome pick ups @yogi-bear

Both literally and figuratively! 😁

Well done @yogi-bear Always love hearing others getting a bonus 😎

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Oooofff, that is tidy 👍🏻

Thank you! I so regretted selling it! And I couldn't justify buying another when I had my turbo optima but it always niggled me that I shouldn't have sold it🤔 because although the turbo optima is a definite upgrade to the original I do like the flowing lines of the original body than the boxieness (is that even a word?) Of the turbo! So this one was a really good price and I've had a bit of an rc spares clear out so it made it ever cheaper!......so why not?👍

• Like 3

3 hours ago, berman said:

Both literally and figuratively! 😁

Well done @yogi-bear Always love hearing others getting a bonus 😎

cheers, I suspect he was thinning a rather large collection from what I saw and wanted to see it go to people who would appreciate rather than get as much cash as possible. While I do have a value/tally on my collection, I think when I get old and have to start seriously start letting cars go, I'd prefer them to go to someone who might appreciate/look after rather than just the highest bidder.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

cheers, I suspect he was thinning a rather large collection from what I saw and wanted to see it go to people who would appreciate rather than get as much cash as possible. While I do have a value/tally on my collection, I think when I get old and have to start seriously start letting cars go, I'd prefer them to go to someone who might appreciate/look after rather than just the highest bidder.

That's awesome to hear. I have been on the receiving end of the same a couple of times. It really makes you feel appreciated when someone respects how much you love the hobby. It also feels good to be on the other end and gift something to a person you know will look after it and get some more life out of it 🙂

Today after work I pulled apart the M04 and found more glorious suprises 😁

I really got lucky with this purchase, not only was the price already dropped $25USD, I gave a cheaper offer that got accepted, and this chassis has more hop-ups than first anticipated:

50519 Short CVA 2 set

53163 Tuned Spring set

53348 M03 Ball Bearing Set

53301 TL01 Stainless Shaft Set

53141 Lightweight Kingpin Set

53389 M04 Aluminum Motor Heatsink

53390 M03/M04 Hollow Carbon shaft

53523 Aluminum Front Upright set

53569 Clamp type Aluminum wheel hub.

Thinking about using my M04M Alfa and making one good one of the two, as this chassis was intended for my weathered beetle body. I have another chassis parts set, and my Alfa has the majority of these hop ups, apart from the uprights, springs, clamps and kingpins, but the Alfa has the black sport tuned, quick release battery holder, stabiliser set, hard coated pinion etc. 

Looking forward to having a tinker with them both 😎

7WktZID.jpg

• Like 7