backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

2 x Surpass Brushed Motors (ordered 2 x 21T, got 1 x 21T and 1 x 55T :huh:) through AliExpress. Have messaged the seller.....

and 2 x 1060’s.

• Like 1

A Top Force body from Tamico and stickers, wing mount and battery mount from Seidel. Placed both orders yesterday noon, delivered this morning.

IMG20210811145036_compress5.thumb.jpg.15c1e956b9c54ccce143ff54d96970a0.jpg

• Like 6

Wanted a Thundershot for ages, but this made the most sense from Fusion with all the hop ups already included. Will get a stronger A5 mount, convert the front back to a mono shock and get a Thundershot body. 

DSC_0102

• Like 8

Paid more than I wanted to for this but it will sit well in my motor collection and I don't think they will come up to often unused?

20210811_220246.jpg

• Like 6

Whilst one of my old bosses used to say 'buy cheap, buy twice', I'm not comfortable with handing over my £70 controller to my seven year old.

So I picked up a used one of these for £25.

A7C81B31-E7F2-462B-828A-FC223795837D.jpg

I had tried to get one new from eBay but had my order cancelled and refunded twice!  In the meantime I had picked up a couple of rx.

So this will get him el kid tx to use with his Dual Hunter, whichever M chassis he likes and crawler (when I finally finish the ****).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

@Badcrumble - I really hope you don't call El Kid that!!

image.thumb.png.06e24baa08d74ec7e31d6c08ad29b9b8.png

Maybe it needs a custom sticker?!

Or I'll have to get his ears pinned.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Aerobert said:

A Top Force body from Tamico and stickers, wing mount and battery mount from Seidel. Placed both orders yesterday noon, delivered this morning.

IMG20210811145036_compress5.thumb.jpg.15c1e956b9c54ccce143ff54d96970a0.jpg

Tamico are very good at the dispatch thing! The last thing I bought off them was my avante black (pre-covid remember those happy times?)  I ordered it and 3 days later it was at my door! So it was tamico to UK in 3 days despatch was almost instant! As far as I'm aware they aren't taking any order from the UK? Hopefully that will change?

10 minutes ago, moffman said:

Tamico are very good at the dispatch thing! The last thing I bought off them was my avante black (pre-covid remember those happy times?)  I ordered it and 3 days later it was at my door! So it was tamico to UK in 3 days despatch was almost instant! As far as I'm aware they aren't taking any order from the UK? Hopefully that will change?

"Please note:

• Since 01.01.2021, Great Britain is no longer part of the EU internal market, which results in some changes for shipping. Currently, shipping is only possible from 160 Euro up to a maximum value of 1000 Euro."

https://tamico.de/Shipping

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2021 at 5:54 AM, TurboRSR said:

Got a couple of MST XB60 ESC's (rebranded HW1060, but cleaner looking with less colours), 1up bullet plug grips and some bearings for the extra wheel sets for my Turbo Scorpion. 

Elefun-bestilling2.jpg

Bullet plug grips?! Why have I never heard of them before. Do they make much difference? Do I need them? I hate getting bullet plugs out of batteries

1 hour ago, TurboRSR said:

"Please note:

• Since 01.01.2021, Great Britain is no longer part of the EU internal market, which results in some changes for shipping. Currently, shipping is only possible from 160 Euro up to a maximum value of 1000 Euro."

https://tamico.de/Shipping

Oh ok €160 up to 1000 that's good for kit but gone are the days of buying the likes of your topforce body parts until you have a few things on your shopping list...........well done boris nice one:angry: but at least my passport is now dark blue (not yet sure what the advantages of that will be?)

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Bullet plug grips?! Why have I never heard of them before. Do they make much difference? Do I need them? I hate getting bullet plugs out of batteries

I tried to put it onto a loose bullet and connect it to a battery, it was very easy to unplug. 

• Like 1

....the penultimate parts for my Zahhak build!! :) 

...and 2 - count them - 1 and another 1 - PlazaJapan fans!!! B)

....and!!! some gravy biscuits - but apparently they are for the pup. :( (just to be clear, they were from the post lady, not PlazaJapan)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ernieks said:

Today was a good day.

My personal holy grail arrived.

ernieks

D3D43342-DD25-4ED9-AE04-74B08BC13DE1.jpeg

7702826A-A60F-428D-9BB6-1355E3EAD2FB.jpeg

Are those yellow TA02 bits??

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Ball diffs for my Sand Scorchers.  I hope I bought the right ones.. :ph34r:

IMG_Aug122021at110827AM.jpg.8d989bbb34c72848ee794ebe991a96dd.jpg

Quite anxious to hear if these improve handling of the SRB!  I search Youtube frequently to see of anyone posts a before/after of a diff install.

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Ball diffs for my Sand Scorchers.  I hope I bought the right ones.. :ph34r:

IMG_Aug122021at110827AM.jpg.8d989bbb34c72848ee794ebe991a96dd.jpg

They are the right ones the original ball diff set would unwind itself and become slack so this is why they call these ball differential set 2 I'm led to believe the problem has been sorted on these diffs?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

Are those yellow TA02 bits??

Quite anxious to hear if these improve handling of the SRB!  I search Youtube frequently to see of anyone posts a before/after of a diff install.

Oh yes they calm the back down no end I've had them in all my SRB'S although I didn't use my sand scorcher to the extreme of trying to see how far I could push it but I did with my fighting buggy/super champ and it definitely stopped it ending up on its roof a fair few times!

3 hours ago, moffman said:

They are the right ones the original ball diff set would unwind itself and become slack so this is why they call these ball differential set 2 I'm led to believe the problem has been sorted on these diffs?

Thanks!  I hope so..  I suppose after I set it up marginally stiff (LSD action) I can use some red threadlock and just lock it all down.  And don't assemble the gear box until the threadlock fully cures.

Anyway, I am still several months out from starting the build as the Sand Scorcher and a re-re Bruiser are my winter projects this year.

• Like 1

got 3 m3x05 thread tapping tool today so i can work on rc parts and to replace the one i lost track of from my proper mastercraft die and tap set. used it last on the aluminum casters on the slash and then forgot where i left them...

• Like 1

Tamiya 54920 SW-01 A Parts (Chassis) (Clear Light Gray) - Now I can start building my Mudmad! :)

Also 2 RX caps, to prevent problems if I run this (or my SU-01) on 4x AAs.

IMG_20210813_113524.thumb.jpg.e7753015702d5226349baabe0825a66a.jpg

• Like 1

This beauty, courtesy of @Fuijo It really is as good as it looked in the pics :D

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think I'm going to enjoy this one :)

• Like 13