backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

6 hours ago, Busdriver said:

0C22D54D-A30D-4073-A61A-B36BE9A48AEA.jpeg.49dcbf204859d0789c659d2a7938e197.jpeg Are these any use? I seem to have loads of them. Not sure what chassis they are off but I think they M chassis of some sort?

When I compare them to the pictures of M-02 chassis I don't think that they will fit. But I already have a plan for some custom battery holders.

Thanks for looking!

21 hours ago, Busdriver said:

I love that body. If you don’t want let me know

You can have it. I will have a look how small the box for shipping can be in order to keep the shipping costs as low as possible.

Ball bearings for the Marui Shogun gearboxes have arrived. ^_^

tJtlNQl.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, berman said:

Nice! Just don't look at it sideways or the plastic will split. Just trying to think if I have some spare battery holders? Just think shipping from the other side of the world might be prohibitive... 🤔 plus we are in lockdown 🤦‍♂️

Yes, shipping costs would be a nightmare. 

I wasn't aware that these chassis are susceptible. But to be honest, all my cars are running extreme rarely. So I'm not to worried about it.

1 hour ago, Aerobert said:

No worries

A couple of days ago a six-years search finally came to an end when I received the missing front chrome wheel for my 1979 Sand Scorcher. This was possible through a trade ad last year. We had to wait one year and five long months to finally go ahead with the trade. See how expensive the USPS has got the last years? Almost $16 to ship one single SRB wheel cover-it's crazy!

https://i.imgur.com/V8SoHA1.jpg

Still super happy to get the missing chrome cover. I've got all four original tires for the Sand Scorcher. The rubber on these is softer and the dia. is a lil bit smaller than the re-re tires. Now to do the tire lettering...

Oh, and by the way thank you Craig!

Y'all take care and have a good Friday! :)

• Like 8

5 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

A couple of days ago a six-years search finally came to an end when I received the missing front chrome wheel for my 1979 Sand Scorcher. This was possible through a trade ad last year. We had to wait one year and five long months to finally go ahead with the trade. See how expensive the USPS has got the last years? Almost $16 to ship one single SRB wheel cover-it's crazy!

Still super happy to get the missing chrome cover. I've got all four original tires for the Sand Scorcher. The rubber on these is softer and the dia. is a lil bit smaller than the re-re tires. Now to do the tire lettering...

Patience is a virtue 👍

I’m delighted that you have sourced and received the missing wheel cover 💥 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Thats a great story and outcome. I even showed my wife and she agreed, no eyerolls or anything! Brilliant, happy to hear

• Like 1

Finally arrived from PJ, parts I needed to complete my SU-01 for my little girl's birthday and more. 2 days late but still in time for some weekend play for her.

54899 SW-01 Spring Set (Soft/Hard)

54919 Type 370 Torque-Tuned Motor

54928 SW-01 Metal Cross Joints (4pcs)

54980 Ball Caster for SW-01 Wheelie Bar

53439 Anti-Wear Grease (3g) <<<Impossible to get in Europe I believe?

74032 2mm E-Ring Tool <<<Hopefully will make removal of those cursed e-rings easier?

IMG_20210827_110731.thumb.jpg.1e1ad959b0cbebc5fd4ef914fcf925c2.jpg

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, toyolien said:

20210827_123809.jpg

I drove mine to the ground in the 80’s when I was a kid. Have fun with the build! 

14 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I drove mine to the ground in the 80’s when I was a kid. Have fun with the build! 

I built one 3 years ago, but foolishly sold it. This will replace it and be a keeper. It too, will be raced.

• Like 1

The postal gods are kind to me today, TWO PJ deliveries today! :)

This second delivery is not so much RC related except for the first item.

Tamiya 50473 Hi-Torque Servo Saver

Tamiya 15466 Mini 4WD Aero Avante Clear Body Set

Mini 4WD REV Series Starter Pack AR Speed Spec (Aero Avante)

Mini 4WD Thunder Dragon Clear Special (Polycarbonate Body)

Mini 4WD Cat Racer Super II Chassis

Mini 4WD 1/32 Koala Racer GT FM-A Chassis

IMG_20210827_144714.jpg

• Like 4

My first ever hobby grade RC car was an RC10T4 RTR back in 06’. I lost interest in the hobby shortly thereafter (was only 10 at the time, short attention span 😂) and sold it. I’ve always wanted to get another RC10T RTR but they stopped making them in 17’. I was able to find this like new one on eBay and got it ! Never getting rid of this one ! 

A1713F8B-6A83-4B49-A5F9-50F21BC9306E.jpeg

361E75AA-5759-4AC3-BB5A-4F6927ACD291.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Albert Attaboy said:

This is the 1:1 kit, right?

That makes me wonder what 1:1 inspired the Frog.  

21 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_Aug272021at44600PM.jpg.3b12a48696a9458c960da95a7d776599.jpg

Is there a PS Olive drab!!!🧐

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Albert Attaboy said:

This is the 1:1 kit, right?

I wondered how it fitted through the door 😬

3 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Is there a PS Olive drab!!!🧐

I suppose I could paint it from the outside as I did that junk truggy I did a month or so ago..  

• Like 1

got the tires for the TD/manta a few days ago and got the A parts for the manta in today. still no word on the sabre parts but RCmart shipments arent the fastest in my case. dont have the tamiya 3x10mm self tapping screws in to secure front bumper yet. will likely try finding a hardware screw to see if i could drill through the front case of the gearbox to secure the bumper. the bottom part isnt a issue but the nuts to secure it might have clearance issues and the weakened front case. still waiting for the rear gear boxes and self tapping screws before i can fix/deal with the chasiss for the manta to be able to fix/deal with the chassis issues. not planning to use the 3mm machined screws for these parts, had enough stress from them already for the near future.

IMG_4820.JPG

IMG_4821.JPG

@toyolien thats probably a high priced curtain like you see in those concerts. its probably gonna drop to reveal a built 1:1 hopper behind it.

• Like 3

Yay, I wasn't expecting this for a few more days based on the tracking info...

FB_Post_01.jpg

Box still in great condition, I hate it when they're damaged in transit...

FB_Post_02.jpg

Look at all that metal goodness in blisters...

FB_Post_03.jpg

• Like 7

On 8/27/2021 at 6:09 AM, Aerobert said:

I wasn't aware that these chassis are susceptible. But to be honest, all my cars are running extreme rarely. So I'm not to worried about it.

Sorry, it seems I don't have any spare 01/02 battery holders 😔

33 minutes ago, djmcnz said:

Yay, I wasn't expecting this for a few more days based on the tracking info...

FB_Post_02.jpg

That's awesome 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@djmcnz i know that feeling, when i ordered the first kit GTR R33 TT02 it arrived 2-3 weeks early. i saw a large box near the mail box and decided to see who it was for, thankfully i did that or i likely would've overlooked it for a day or 2. kinda scary when you know pirates live nearby...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, berman said:

Sorry, it seems I don't have any spare 01/02 battery holders 😔

Don't worry. Thanks for watching. I appreciate that very much.

• Like 1